Painter's Posse to SSITS17

• Alright I'll bite. I thought everyone was all in on the trailers. What was the pain in the ass?

Not me. If you see something of mine on a trailer, it would be broke/not rideable or driveable. Hell even my Hot Rod has over 100,000 miles on it from driving it every where from Indy to Daytona (done that in about 8 years) Besides that I never had any use for a truck, less more for a trailer to haul stuff on. The way that I see it, if you are trailering you are missing out on most of the fun. Besides that just think of the cool toys that you could have for the price of the truck and the trailer and the gas it takes.

• Well, I guess we're losers then. Sound like if you have something like gas lights or candles in your house, your OK, but if you have electricity, your out. We're not hard core and don't care! :D

You're no 'loser' my friend! Ride, trailer, fly, walk, hitch hike, ride you bike... whatever turns your crank!
    The important thing is your presence!

I will say the ride down was great last year but my butt puckered more than once on the monsoon that occurred on the ride back!

• There are time this forum makes me feel like shit and this is one of them, I think the closest member is in Colorado. You guys back East get to visit and bullshit with one another.

Maybe it's the Vodka takling but I'm Fucking jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I wish I could meet up with you guys I will be going thru Indy but I will be 5 days earlier to spend time with family in Gatlinburg. I will see you all in Maggie Valley sometime during the event I am sure. Have a safe ride and post some pictures along the way.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• I wasn't about to drive through that monsoon. I slept in, went to breakfast, shot to Kmart for some tools and installed the Alpha header I purchased the night before in the Hotel parking lot. I left for home on Monday rather than Sunday. Best decision ever...besides taking a flyer on Lara(wife) of course ;)

• I wasn't about to drive through that monsoon. I slept in, went to breakfast, shot to Kmart for some tools and installed the Alpha header I purchased the night before in the Hotel parking lot. I left for home on Monday rather than Sunday. Best decision ever...besides taking a flyer on Lara(wife) of course ;)

That was kinda cool. It was a small breakfast crowd.

• That is the general route we are taking. Would love to have you all join us anywhere along the way.

I just mapped it out using your addresses from point to point... I needed a visual to see if there was anywhere it made sense that I could link up with you guys. Unfortunately we are both heading down from 2 totally different directions with nothing even close as an intersecting point until reaching Soco Rd. ;(

That proved to be a very good decision IMO.

• That proved to be a very good decision IMO.

When I was getting calls from trailering Slingers saying they had to pull off because they couldn't see the road, checking into hotels 4 hours away and others taking cover under overpasses, I knew I made the right decision. :) They all survived. :thumbsup: Yours was the scariest situation I heard. I am so glad I get to see you again this year @mniron.