Winterizing

• Ross, I don't know how to work those products could you give me a 3-4 hour demonstration then you can fly home. I used to wash my SS every ride now it is once in a while.

I usually start to cry and then I walk around( many laps) the SS looking to see what I can pull off and change. My license plate expired at the end of the month but I think I may renew it so that I can get me recall done. May just put the cover on it so I can set beer bottles and ashtrays on it. I should see how much to ship it to Costa Rica for the winter.

• Absolutely. With this new shit blend of fuel, a good fuel conditioner is a must in anything that uses gasoline. If possible, if you could fill the tank with ethanol-free fuel, I would do that as well

At the risk of turning this into a fluids post, which I know @rabtech loves so much, I prefer the Star-tron line to stabilize ethanol fuel.

There are three sizes of bottle, with two strengths each. Do the research, know which one you want (based on size of gas tank), but they all work. I use it on every gas engine I have, from 4-stroke weedwacker to family vehicles. I believe it to be the best solution for ethanol fuels, and by far better than the Stabil.

Of course, the best thing is if you don't have to use ethanol. If you have that opportunity near you, awesome. For smaller engines, I actually recommend the engineered fuels. Not exactly practical in the 10-gallon tank for the Sling, but absolutely the best for your lawn tractor or other small 4-stroke engines. If you want to try to find non-ethanol near you, check out http://www.pure-gas.org.

Last thing: Not really for winterizing, but it's very worth running some fuel additives on a regular basis for better system performance. I greatly prefer Lucas. I use the white label for almost every fresh tank of gas, and the blue label every 6 months or so for a real deep clean. I have achieved more than a 10% improvement in mileage in my 2004 Chevy Silverado and about the same in the 2011 Traverse. You can pick up the smallest bottle of the white label at Walmart for $3.83 or so, and one bottle is good for two full tanks.

• I love the Lucas one as well. Hence my comment about using a good fuel conditioner for the same reason - enough people hate me already, so there's no reason to add fuel to the fire and show my support for one product over another. lol

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I love the Lucas one as well. Hence my comment about using a good fuel conditioner for the same reason - enough people hate me already, so there's no reason to add fuel to the fire and show my support for one product over another. lol

The way I figure it, we all have opinions and experiences. If I can share something that might help someone out, then I will. But, if I like Brand X and you like Brand Y, I'm not going to get my panties in a twist if you are recommending Y. All I will say is "I have had better luck with X over Y." I wish people would apply the same rational thought to all discussions that involve differences of opinion and experience.

• I fill her up and inject her with a little Stabile then light candles & give her a nice exotic layer of wax to relax her..Then I hook the trickle charger to her and warm her in a blanket (cover). Then I go and drink cause Im heartbroken and full of sorrow....But I still think of her all winter long..

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

Edited once, last by BONES ().

• We don't do anything special to the slingshot,but we do have to break out our winter riding gear - sox to wear underthe sandals, a light-weight long sleeve shirt, and for those extremely colddays when the temps drop into the 70's, we might even wear long pants and leavethe shorts at home (sorry, but after spending 50 years in the cold and snow, I think I've earned the right to be happy about living in FLORIDA)

That is just about what I was going to say about South Carolina also.

• I prefer the Star-tron line to stabilize ethanol fuel.

I got turned on to Startron years ago. At that point, never used Stabil again!! A little goes a long way with this stuff, and you can't "over treat". I have a street bike that does not like Stabil at all. Startron keeps the gas fresh for 2-3 years, and kills all the demons of Ethanol!! I'll start treating the gas in the SS come December. I still ride in the cold, but when the snow and street chemicals show up, it gets parked. If we get a good hard rain after the chemicals are spread, I ride again!! I'm not afraid of the cold, except it makes those tires slippery!! Get a baby medicine dropper for small tanks. It comes out to 1.9 ml per gallon for the recommended protection.

About the dryer sheets!! I didn't know it repelled the mice!! I use them in all my boats to keep the spiders out of them! Works great!! Spider poop is a bitch to clean off the vinyl. Plus it keeps the screaming down from guests on the pontoon boat, because the big hairy water spiders are not on board!!! :00007555:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I fill her up and inject her with a little Stabile then light candles & give her a nice exotic layer of wax to relax her..Then I hook the trickle charger to her and warm her in a blanket (cover)

Somehow, I just got a woodie...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014