LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• Bad main bearing on the wheel side, there is no way to check this until disassembly. The speed sensor picks up the magnetic locations in the magnetic ring. The ring is dislodged from the bearing and on a hard right turn it pushes on the ring causing the ring not to rotate. The sensor reads the intermittent signals and cuts out. When this continues to wear it will happen on every right turn. My guess is the bearing was damaged in assembly. This happened to mine, replaced the bearing and solved the issue.

Now that's something I hadn't thought of. Will get hold of my tech today and see if he or Polaris thought of that. Now that you mention that, I noticed yesterday that it seemed to be happening more often on turns that weren't very hard. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Now that's something I hadn't thought of. Will get hold of my tech today and see if he or Polaris thought of that. Now that you mention that, I noticed yesterday that it seemed to be happening more often on turns that weren't very hard. Thanks for the suggestion!

This is the number one reason never to reuse this bearing if you had it pushed out for what ever reason and only use the proper tools to push in the new bearing.

• SS goes back into the shop at 5 today. Seems their SS tech quit and went back to working on trucks. The previous tech, who seemed to know what he was doing, has come back to work with them part time. Hopefully he can figure this issue out quickly.
    Leaving for a couple days so they can see what the problem is with the power cutout. @mniron, they are planning to check the bearing and also, just in case, the clock spring. Seems the cover has fallen off it and will not stay on.
    Hope I get her back by Saturday. Supposed to be sunny and 76 deg.

• SS goes back into the shop at 5 today. Seems their SS tech quit and went back to working on trucks. The previous tech, who seemed to know what he was doing, has come back to work with them part time. Hopefully he can figure this issue out quickly.
    Leaving for a couple days so they can see what the problem is with the power cutout. @mniron, they are planning to check the bearing and also, just in case, the clock spring. Seems the cover has fallen off it and will not stay on.

It will be interesting to hear their findings.

Can't imagine what the clock spring could have to do with it. Literally the only thing it does is give the connection for the horn. I know someone who completely removed the clock spring and the only thing @Jdin lost was his horn. But I don't know if he'd want me to tell you that, so I'll let him chime in here if so chooses.

:00008356::00008172:

• Can't imagine what the clock spring could have to do with it. Literally the only thing it does is give the connection for the horn. I know someone who completely removed the clock spring and the only thing @Jdin lost was his horn. But I don't know if he'd want me to tell you that, so I'll let him chime

Could explain why my horn won't work also. I tried two new ones and neither would work.

• Can't imagine what the clock spring could have to do with it. Literally the only thing it does is give the connection for the horn. I know someone who completely removed the clock spring and the only thing @Jdin lost was his horn. But I don't know if he'd want me to tell you that, so I'll let him chime in here if so chooses.

:00008356::00008172:

yeah on mine, I ripped the clock spring out :evil: and all I lost was the Horn. The dealership I the ECU core file analyzed to see where the micro stutters were in the magnet's for my rear bearing. Now I doubt i am using the right terminology, but the Polaris Engineers came out to look at mine.

Physical inspection of my bearings did not show anything wrong with them.

The Dealership I used
    Tri-County Honda-Yamaha
    Address: 135 S Main St, Petersburg, WV 26847
    Phone:(304) 257-4420

Perhaps you can have your dealership sync with them.

• Huge fan of Tri-County.

Ask for A.J. in the service department.

• Did they get yours fixed right and do you know what they replaced?

• So @airoutlaw has waited for an available swingarm, and an available day to take slingshot in, since working nights means sleeping days... plus, its a good idea to let the service guys do a few of them and learn the what not to do's in the process..

So the dealer called and said, "got one swingarm in, first come first serve". He drove 45 minutes along the interstate in 23° weather last Wednesday at 7am. A hard freeze warning in effect for two days straight.

After 6 hours, He got the recalls done and headed home. Will reinstall the Metrix fender and such this next weekend.
    I drove the slingshot a few weeks back during a short lived warm spell, and could not believe the brakes.. i pressed them and the sling kept moving, there was no response, even with me standing on them. Told steve he needed to get that fixed, he said it was much better now that he had the master cylinder installed... i objected, but he had gotten used to it. The dealer said there were several brake failure codes.. 22 actually, and that was also repaired. Steve said when he steps on the brakes now... it stops right then. Not 30 seconds later.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Woohoo! Just got a call from my dealer. They have found out why my power cuts off in right turns. Seems the tech who installed my new swing arm (no longer there) did it wrong. They found a 1/4" layer of loctite on the inside on the axle. Needless to say, axle has to be replaced. They have ordered a new axle and I should have her back by this weekend!
    Really glad their original tech is back working with them even if it is only part time in the evenings! He was always great at finding out what was causing issues and repaired stuff correctly.

• Woohoo! Just got a call from my dealer. They have found out why my power cuts off in right turns. Seems the tech who installed my new swing arm (no longer there) did it wrong. They found a 1/4" layer of loctite on the inside on the axle. Needless to say, axle has to be replaced. They have ordered a new axle and I should have her back by this weekend!

That sounds great! So it was as stated earlier... interference of the axle speed sensor?

Good rule of thumb when it comes to troubleshooting... last thing performed prior to a problem is the best place to start.

Let us know when your Slingshot is done with the NASCAR circuit...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Really glad their original tech is back working with them even if it is only part time in the evenings! He was always great at finding out what was causing issues and repaired stuff correctly.

I must be a little dense today, how did the Loctite cause the problem? And how the hell did that happen?

• I must be a little dense today, how did the Loctite cause the problem? And how the hell did that happen?

Not really sure. I believe he put on enough that it flowed down the axle. Going by to see it tomorrow and I will let y'all know. You don't want this happening to you. Kind of scary when you make a turn and all the power fades away.

• I must be a little dense today, how did the Loctite cause the problem? And how the hell did that happen?

OK. Just got back from dealer. Getting axle today. Of course it is now raining and will be raining tomorrow. I will pick her up Monday. Don't know why the guy put Loctite on the inside splines of the axle. They couldn't understand it either and were hoping he didn't do it on the other recalls he worked on.
    Here are a couple pics of the old axle and the Loctite:

Seems the threads were damaged just trying to get the axle out.
    BTW, they looked at my clock spring and they are replacing it under warranty also. Now I should be a able to get my horn to work also.

• Don't know too much about this, but my axle was replaced (along with most everything else on my sling) last fall.

It took two of them with hammers, and a propane torch to get it out. I had a panic attack just watching them.

Then they worked on my ball joints with hammers and a propane torch. Lower right they couldn't get out, so they sent me home, and ordered a new control arm. That was not a good day.

• Don't know too much about this, but my axle was replaced (along with most everything else on my sling) last fall.

It took two of them with hammers, and a propane torch to get it out. I had a panic attack just watching them.

Then they worked on my ball joints with hammers and a propane torch. Lower right they couldn't get out, so they sent me home, and ordered a new control arm. That was not a good day.

I see your ball joints :00007510::00008172::00008172::00008040:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• OK. Just got back from dealer. Getting axle today. Of course it is now raining and will be raining tomorrow. I will pick her up Monday. Don't know why the guy put Loctite on the inside splines of the axle. They couldn't understand it either and were hoping he didn't do it on the other recalls he worked on.Here are a couple pics of the old axle and the Loctite:

Seems the threads were damaged just trying to get the axle out.
    BTW, they looked at my clock spring and they are replacing it under warranty also. Now I should be a able to get my horn to work also.

That certainly is a pile of Loctite on the axle. With that much Loctite so close to the needle bearing it would compromise the life of the bearing especially if some of it weaped into the bearing which is possible with the marginal seal on the bearing itself. Axles are easily damaged when removing them with Loctite on the splines, which my understanding is recommended by Polaris, Polaris provides an axle cap to place on the end of the axle for a pulley puller to push against to remove the pulley. Back yard mechanics many times try to drive the axle out with a hammer. The threaded end of the axle is quite soft and even with the Polaris supplied cap it could get damaged with such an extreme amount of Loctite.

Now back to my original question, "how did the Loctite cause the problem?" I still can't see how the Loctite can cause your lose of power when you corner to the right. I think there is still more to the story. Keep us informed. Thanks!