Buying a Slingshot

• Afternoon....new to the group but not new to motorcycle just slingshots so I defer for advice and suggestions from those much more knowledgeable than me. Son is graduating college so it’s me time again and that’s going to be a Slingshot. Been wants one since they first came out.

So in the market for a used one somewhere in the neighborhood if 2017 thru 2019. Questions I have is on pricing. Doing a lot of looking and the prices are all over the board from 16500 to 26000 for that year model range. Now I know that people put a lot of money into some of these and try to recoup a lot but for instance a 2019 S that is stock asking 18600 low miles less than 2k. Or a 2017 Sl pretty much stock for 17500 to 18000 examples also with low miles.

What do I need to be looking for when comparing prices. Besides looking it up on KBB. Im not picky on color or much of anything else(will add top layer if necessary for South MS sun.) I’m not opposed to driving a distance to get one either. One I was

looking at was 7 hrs one way. Not in a huge hurry but would like to get one in the next month or so. Thanks in advance.

• If you want on board navigation you will need to look at 2018 or newer. Maybe 2017 but not sure. I have a 2015sl that I love. I have 78k on the clock and just installed a supercharger this winter. If I were going to sell mine I'd be lucky to get 12k. If you are patient you should get a 2018/2019 for 15k+-.

• Afternoon....new to the group but not new to motorcycle just slingshots so I defer for advice and suggestions from those much more knowledgeable than me. Son is graduating college so it’s me time again and that’s going to be a Slingshot. Been wants one since they first came out.

So in the market for a used one somewhere in the neighborhood if 2017 thru 2019. Questions I have is on pricing. Doing a lot of looking and the prices are all over the board from 16500 to 26000 for that year model range. Now I know that people put a lot of money into some of these and try to recoup a lot but for instance a 2019 S that is stock asking 18600 low miles less than 2k. Or a 2017 Sl pretty much stock for 17500 to 18000 examples also with low miles.

What do I need to be looking for when comparing prices. Besides looking it up on KBB. Im not picky on color or much of anything else(will add top layer if necessary for South MS sun.) I’m not opposed to driving a distance to get one either. One I was

looking at was 7 hrs one way. Not in a huge hurry but would like to get one in the next month or so. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity" Ask lots of questions about the ones you see for sale, and remember aftermarket 'mods' bring about 10% of there cost at resale and don't add value for a bank loan.

Say 'Hello' on the intro thread and let us know on your profile where you hale from.

Most of us post out home town, and if something comes up in Northwest Indiana maybe I can take a look at it. There are lots of very good low mileage units for sale at good prices.

• If you want on board navigation you will need to look at 2018 or newer. Maybe 2017 but not sure. I have a 2015sl that I love. I have 78k on the clock and just installed a supercharger this winter. If I were going to sell mine I'd be lucky to get 12k. If you are patient you should get a 2018/2019 for 15k+-.

Thanks max to me makes no difference. Have a phone for that. Very surprised at that price for 2018-2019 so far haven’t found anything less than 18k in those models for just about stock. But I’m patient

Welcome to the group! Tons of great info and folks here.

I'm partial to the 18-19 years, because I own one yes but also because it has the GM motor vs Polaris which I'm sure you know based on the years your looking at. I understand angle drive was "upgraded" on 18/19 and then again on 20/21 models but don't know what that means or what the upgrade really is. I hear beefier, but until I see side by side I'll let a pro here speak to that one. I paid 15k for my 18SL with 1250 miles on it last summer for reference. This was also before things got fully covid crazy. Good luck in your search, I've seen some really good deals lately and then some folks trying to get every dime in mods they put into it back out too!

• I live in South Mississippi. I am not opposed to travel 6 hrs (one way)or so to get one if it’s a good deal and worth it. If anyone runs across anything that may fit the Bill please let me know.