Polaris Slingshot Side Hood Vents - new designs and mesh inserts available!

• The mesh is held on to the vent by VHB tape (included). You can actually install the mesh with the vent still installed on the SS.

I decided to take my vents off to install as I was actually looking to see if I could countersink the vents so that they mounted directly to the undercarriage and be flush with the hood, but that's not really feasible. I don't think I could cut a nice straight line to be pretty enough when complete and I think the vent is thinner than the hood plastic itself, so it wouldn't fit flush anyways without a spacer.

• The mesh is held on to the vent by VHB tape (included). You can actually install the mesh with the vent still installed on the SS.

I decided to take my vents off to install as I was actually looking to see if I could countersink the vents so that they mounted directly to the undercarriage and be flush with the hood, but that's not really feasible. I don't think I could cut a nice straight line to be pretty enough when complete and I think the vent is thinner than the hood plastic itself, so it wouldn't fit flush anyways without a spacer.

Hmmm... I like your thinking though. That would look really good flush with the hood.

• Hmm thanks guess this flutter must happen over 60 as I haven't seen it yet. lol

I encounter it often here in Texas, either when passing a tractor trailer on the Interstate (typically just under 70 mph) or on 2-lane secondary roads when a tractor trailer or big vehicle passes in the opposite direction (typically at 50 to just over 60 mph). Have the vents, just need to make time and get the nerve to cut the hood!

• I encounter it often here in Texas, either when passing a tractor trailer on the Interstate (typically just under 70 mph) or on 2-lane secondary roads when a tractor trailer or big vehicle passes in the opposite direction (typically at 50 to just over 60 mph). Have the vents, just need to make time and get the nerve to cut the hood!

Same here I'm leaning towards getting them in Maggie Valley and getting DDM to install them. I'm fair at the DIY work but if I mess up my hood I would not be happy. I also just completed my latest round of mods if I get too bored I'll give it a go.

• Same here I'm leaning towards getting them in Maggie Valley and getting DDM to install them. I'm fair at the DIY work but if I mess up my hood I would not be happy. I also just completed my latest round of mods if I get too bored I'll give it a go.

Make an appointment with them NOW... Small shop and Dave will be book doing lots of installs. That way they will have exactly what you want.

• Same here I'm leaning towards getting them in Maggie Valley and getting DDM to install them. I'm fair at the DIY work but if I mess up my hood I would not be happy. I also just completed my latest round of mods if I get too bored I'll give it a go.

Good thing about this is even if you do FUBAR it, the vent's cover your cut line so no problem at all. I used one of the vibratory cutters, cutting it really rough to get rid of most of the material. Then I used the understructure as a guide line to do a final cut then just a little sand paper on the edges to remove the plastic trims. Then the vent covers those cuts by about an inch anyways so as long as you don't FUBAR all the way across the hood, you should be good. Believe me, drinking the beer will take longer than installing them.

• so it isnt hard doing the cutout? I ordered mine and am anxiously awaiting them coming in. I bought the rotary that Dave @ddmworks said was the best to use and that they use. I cant wait to get them installed. I am excited. Its been awhile since i added a mod. lol.

• so it isnt hard doing the cutout? I ordered mine and am anxiously awaiting them coming in. I bought the rotary that Dave @ddmworks said was the best to use and that they use. I cant wait to get them installed. I am excited. Its been awhile since i added a mod. lol.

Not hard - just "do-it-yourself-vasectomy" scary to cut into the SS. There is a sub-frame right under the hood that you just trace around with your rotary tool or jig saw. The covers cover that cut anyways so no worries even if you screw up a little.

• Not hard - just "do-it-yourself-vasectomy" scary to cut into the SS. There is a sub-frame right under the hood that you just trace around with your rotary tool or jig saw. The covers cover that cut anyways so no worries even if you screw up a little.

i think that is the part that i am most worried about, how much of my cut might be seen. But if it is completely covered then there should be no worries. Thanks. did you install them on your also? do you have pics?

• As long as your cut stays pretty close to the sub-frame, no worries. The cover is about 3/4"-1" larger all the way around.

Some pics of the install. I added the vent mesh at a later date (wasn't originally available since I was one of the first ordered.) I drilled the holes up from underneath then used one of the vibratory cutters to cut it out.

• nice, I bought the rotary tool that Dave told me to get from Home Depot. He said that is the one they use on all their cuts. Those look really good. fits your theme nice. I did the trinity style instead. thought it would fit the batman theme better