What Seat Would You Buy Today?

• There are several old tired threads that touch on seating, some many years old.

Many of us are new to the SS world, and some want to ditch our generic hard seats for something a bit more comfortable. It's winter so plopping our kiesters into aftermarket seats at a drive-up event is not an option. Also, we all wish to hit the road in the spring, driving in both comfort and style, so we don't want our winter build time to go to waste.

If you had it to do again, which seat mfg and model would you recommend?

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• There are several old tired threads that touch on seating, some many years old.

Many of us are new to the SS world, and some want to ditch our generic hard seats for something a bit more comfortable. It's winter so plopping our kiesters into aftermarket seats at a drive-up event is not an option. Also, we all wish to hit the road in the spring, driving in both comfort and style, so we don't want our winter build time to go to waste.

If you had it to do again, which seat mfg and model would you recommend?

What you really need to do is sit in as many different ones as you can. I love my 'OEM' seat in the 2016 Slingshot --- and NO plans on changing them. Comfort, space, and durability. Water Proof??? During SSITS 2021 in Maggie Valley you would have an opportunity to see and probably sit in and go for a ride in different one.

Lots of choices both Polaris and after market.

• I got lucky and found an old upholstery guy here in Maggie Valley. My PRP seat bottoms were never comfortable to me or my bride. He had some automotive foam out of an old Rolls Royce back seat he acquired somehow. He replaced the foam in both seats for $100 and our butts are in heaven (not that anybody is worried about our butts :00008172:)

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I got lucky and found an old upholstery guy here in Maggie Valley. My PRP seat bottoms were never comfortable to me or my bride. He had some automotive foam out of an old Rolls Royce back seat he acquired somehow. He replaced the foam in both seats for $100 and our butts are in heaven (not that anybody is worried about our butts :00008172:)

Is that the same guy who did your wrap?

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• If i had to do it over again, ill still get the PRP seat covers, simply because i was able to design the colors, stitching style and once i had em on , i was able to add seat cushion material in areas where i wanted it more & the bonus is i added heating elements underneath the covers, now i have heated seats ......so no complaints from me

.....oh and i removed the PRP patch (be careful doing that with a straight razor, you just want to touch the threads holding it on ONLY)

Did you change seats? I thought you had Corbin when I was in your sling, but you're correct they needed padding.

• Ok, back to the original question:

I've had the Cipher seats. Comfortable but were cracking in just a couple months. Cannot recommend.

PRP seats are great. You can design them with whatever colors and materials you want. But you pay for them.

Some of the later years stock SLR seats are nice -if you can find anyone getting rid of them.

My current seats are the Twist Dynamics - and I'm very happy. Comfortable and not too expensive. They are the one seats I would buy again if needed.

But, as others have said, go to a show and try different seats. Many folks will probably let you sit in them to try.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Did you change seats? I thought you had Corbin when I was in your sling, but you're correct they needed padding.

Got rid of the Corbins - they were hard and thought they would soften like their motorcycle seats - never did - worst thing I ever got from Corbin

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• ..... when i bought my slingshot i originally wanted that 5 point harness but gave up when no one was making the mounts for the harness, so i didnt invest in those seats, love that look though.......i did send my seatbelts out to get em done in blue though :)

• I got to get one of those soft thing to wrap my seat belt in it has been eating my neck raw.

I have the NRG pads on mine. I find it more comfortable with it down toward my waist/belly than at my shoulder/neck. It puts the belt in a different position for me and keeps it from rubbing

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• I have been thinking of changing my seats, and I really like these Procar Touring seats. The dimensions are smaller than it looks, and it should fit no problem. I also like that they don't have the large shoulder pads. I was planning on buying Sparco seat brackets, because they seem to be a little lower than the Planted brackets that are available.