If this tech makes it to market, it could really shake up the Electric Vehicle market

• Our grand kids will look at a 69 Camero in a museum and think, "Poor Grandpa"

They will never know.

But the world will be better off.

100 years ago, a trip to downtown meant walking in horse shit, a stop at the blacksmith shop and a stop at the veterinarian's office.

• Looks very good - this is the kind of tech that could actually make electric vehicles practical for everyone

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My Grandfather used a horse team on the family farm up until around the early 1960s because a lot of the hills were too steep to safely use a tractor (which he couldn't have afforded anyway). By the time I hit my teens, he still had one horse left, but had started to hire neighbors and relatives to use their tractors to harvest hay, wheat, etc. Clearing the barn of cow and horse droppings was NOT fun, except the one time I was throwing a forkful of crap out the door and my cousin stepped thru the door just as I released the load which hit his chin and chest! Everybody thought it was hilarious, except him, for some reason!:evil::saint::D

A little more info about that farm - Grandpa and Grandma finally got electricity and a party-line phone sometime in the 1950s. We installed running water around 1966-7. The water stored in the tank was never as cold as water freshly drawn from the well, a step backwards as far I was concerned when you needed a cold drink after working outside. The running water was convenient for things like bathing and cleaning dishes, but I still miss a glass of cold water fresh from the well.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• BKL Did your well pump have a metal cup hanging from it to drink from. Made the water taste even better. We had a party line and a three digit phone number. When you picked up the receiver if someone else wasn't on the line the operator said Number Please. If some one was on the line you quitely listened to find out the town gossip

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• BKL Did your well pump have a metal cup hanging from it to drink from. Made the water taste even better. We had a party line and a three digit phone number. When you picked up the receiver if someone else wasn't on the line the operator said Number Please. If some one was on the line you quitely listened to find out the town gossip

We originally had a 6" +/- well pipe and a correspondingly sized "bucket" about 4-5 ft long that we dropped down the pipe. It had a flap valve that opened when it hit the water and then closed as the bucket was lifted back out. We kept a ladle we drank from hanging on the side of the bucket we used to take the water inside the house. Once we added the pump, it fed water into a tank and the water never stayed as cold as when it had been freshly drawn up out of the well.

This article has a pic of a well bucket that was pretty much like the one we had - https://acornabbey.com/blog/?p=4493.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• We originally had a 6" +/- well pipe and a correspondingly sized "bucket" about 4-5 ft long that we dropped down the pipe. It had a flap valve that opened when it hit the water and then closed as the bucket was lifted back out. We kept a ladle we drank from hanging on the side of the bucket we used to take the water inside the house. Once we added the pump, it fed water into a tank and the water never stayed as cold as when it had been freshly drawn up out of the well.

This article has a pic of a well bucket that was pretty much like the one we had - https://acornabbey.com/blog/?p=4493.

From drawing drinking water up from a hole in the ground with a rope to driving a Slingshot, look har far technology has come.

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• As a child, I spent almost every summer on my aunt and uncle's farm. My two main jobs were to spray DDT on the cows as soon as they were in their stanchions, waiting to be milked. My other was to turn the crank on the separator. Next to the separator was a tin cup hanging on a nail. I would use to to catch a nice warm cup of pure cream.

Pouring DDT from a can into a hand held sprayer, pumping it into the air,breathing it in, then drinking unpasteurized cream from a cup that was hanging in a DDT fog.

GOOD TIMES!!!

• Drinking from a rubber hose that the end had been laying on the ground. Don't know how we survived but it was good times.

Eating sand made into 'pies' (with the hose that had been laying in the dirt) out of the sandbox that the neighborhood cats used for a litterbox.

Good times!

Stupid kids but good times!

Now y'all wouldn't put your mouth right up to it would ya? Ya drink the water, not eat the hose... wacky-squared

• Snap off a stalk of rhubarb, "clean" it by wiping it on your t-shirt, and eat it raw. DO NOT eat the end of the stalk, DO NOT eat the leaves. I guess you could die or your hair would fall out, or . . . who knows??

• Yes done that put I put a lot of sugar in my sippy cup and dipped the rhubarb every bite. Pulled up carrots and wiped dirt off and ate them. Strawberries didn't take any preparing.

If the music is to loud you are to old.