LED replacement headlights

• Having my front driver side headlight bulb go out this last weekend it has me thinking of the LEDs. Researching previous threads they kind of stop back in 2018. At that time some people were mentioning that these trick LED’s did not last very long. Now that we’re a few years out can anybody give me some insight On if they installed them and if that is true. Also any alternatives to the stock bulbs would be greatly appreciated.

I have the Canadian set up plus the American set up but I think I am only looking to replace the outside bulbs and the two center bulbs. Thought’s?

Thank you ahead of time😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• SoCal can't help with the tric led bulbs but will say l got some from Amazon that I'm happy with. I don't have a link but I think the brand was Cougar Motor and they were for the centers. Warning in advance if your ocd is as bad as mine you'll end up changing them all due to color.

My wheel lights are tric and have been trouble free for a year now. Hope this helps

• SoCal can't help with the tric led bulbs but will say l got some from Amazon that I'm happy with. I don't have a link but I think the brand was Cougar Motor and they were for the centers. Warning in advance if your ocd is as bad as mine you'll end up changing them all due to color.

My wheel lights are tric and have been trouble free for a year now. Hope this helps

I have trick LED halos and have been very happy with them. Only had to replace one of the six over the past two years. If you have The desire and time and would not mind going into your orders at Amazon and archiving your order and letting me know what you got that would be appreciated as well

• I am been running the LED's since before the head light recall when I installed the Canadian lights. The relay would not over load with the LED's like it did with the HID's. I have been ordering replacements off of Amazon

that’s what it was. It was told the HID’s if not put in the correct place would overload a circuit. So the LEDs do not have this issue?

• that’s what it was. It was told the HID’s if not put in the correct place would overload a circuit. So the LEDs do not have this issue?

That is correct, the recall put in two relays for the front lights. I do not know how to link but this is the LED head lights that I ordered off of Amazon. Stark Industries H8/H9/H11 Series 72w LED - Head light Conversion Kit 6000K White IP68 Water proof I hope this helps

• I just installed those in my Sling this past weekend and they are much brighter than the LEDs I was running from Cycle Springs (which had burned out a couple of cells BTW). Just need to get mine aligned badly. The center lights are plug and play. The outside lights can get a little tricky. I recommend you take the stock metal back plate with the two screws out and mount the included sleeve with the stock clip. That could get really tricky trying to do that inside the small light housing. Once you get that mounted back in you just have to use the stock plug and remove the stock blade connectors and replace with what comes with your new light. Plug it in and your good to go. Thought it was weird that you put that stock rubber boot back over the light while it has a running fan on the back. Gotta get hot in there. Also what you get is not what you see in the pic. The outside lights are no longer the longer rectangular block with the 4 LEDs. They look just like the headlight bulbs on the tip now. Just 2 LEDs on all the lights.

• I have trick LED halos and have been very happy with them. Only had to replace one of the six over the past two years. If you have The desire and time and would not mind going into your orders at Amazon and archiving your order and letting me know what you got that would be appreciated as well

I'll try to do that later. In the shop now and don't have access but I do have the box with the used ones in it.

Maybe you can find them from this.

• FunCycle so the below are what you have? Did you install them on ALL the lights?

Center and outside? Does it mater now that they are LED and not HID from an over heating issue?

If they do go out 40$ a pair is much easier to deal with than the 130 from Tric-LED.

• Those are the ones I ordered from slingmods. First the right one burned out within a couple weeks so they sent me two more and then the left one burnout in another couple weeks. Put the two they sent I've been using for several months now with no problem. All they said was may have gotten a bad batch. But their warranty is for a year so if they burn out within 12 months you can keep getting them replaced, pita..

• I just installed those in my Sling this past weekend and they are much brighter than the LEDs I was running from Cycle Springs (which had burned out a couple of cells BTW). Just need to get mine aligned badly. The center lights are plug and play. The outside lights can get a little tricky. I recommend you take the stock metal back plate with the two screws out and mount the included sleeve with the stock clip. That could get really tricky trying to do that inside the small light housing. Once you get that mounted back in you just have to use the stock plug and remove the stock blade connectors and replace with what comes with your new light. Plug it in and your good to go. Thought it was weird that you put that stock rubber boot back over the light while it has a running fan on the back. Gotta get hot in there. Also what you get is not what you see in the pic. The outside lights are no longer the longer rectangular block with the 4 LEDs. They look just like the headlight bulbs on the tip now. Just 2 LEDs on all the lights.

Thank you! The whole rubber boot issue makes a lot of sense as if they need cooling why

enclose them??? I guess it is a water issue and I get it but the heat may contribute to a longevity issue no mater what brand you buy if they need cooling.

Really appreciate all the help. Just want to get "reasonable" life out of them and having it brighter is a good thing.

I have all tires, oil, filter, on order now for a Nov Death Valley, Cedar City, Zion, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Havasu trip in 3+ weeks. Gotta be ready!

• Those are the ones I ordered from slingmods. First the right one burned out within a couple weeks so they sent me two more and then the left one burnout in another couple weeks. Put the two they sent I've been using for several months now with no problem. All they said was may have gotten a bad batch. But their warranty is for a year so if they burn out within 12 months you can keep getting them replaced, pita..

Hummm great info and replacement is a good thing but on a back road in pitch black and going south is no consolation at the time! I may just pass on these from Sling Mods. Seems if you know the #'s there are lots of other brands that do the same thing and perhaps more cost effective. Learning curve is a tall one!

• I'll try to do that later. In the shop now and don't have access but I do have the box with the used ones in it.

Maybe you can find them from this.

I see them on E-Bay thanks for the #'s! Are these for ALL the lights or just the center?

If for just the center then do you need a different # / LED for the outside headlights?

Also - I see you have H-8 on the box. The replacement bulbs are for H-3 and H-9

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• SoCal the LED lamps do not pull the amps that the HID lamps do. The LED lamp that I showed is for the center head light of which I have changed twice on Sling I in the 100,000 miles. If one goes out I change out both so that they will be the same color

Could you put these in the outside headlights as well you think? I will do all 4 if I do one