1320 V2 Rattling :(

• Installed a “new” 1320 V2 pipe and muffler on my 2019 just a few days ago. It was bought by an older couple who literally had it on for one drive and immediately didn’t want it because it was too loud. Still had that nasty “new exhaust” burning pipe smell.

I have the biggest baffle in and absolutely love the exhaust note and noise level, but I have a rattle now. All 3 bolts are tight and all 3 springs are properly installed. It will not rattle if I shake it or hit it, it’s literally only while driving and accelerating lightly like if I have the cruise on around 45 and the road has an incline or something.

It’s progressively gotten louder over the last few trips. I’ve put probably 400 miles on it in the past week.

Am I screwed? Are there any fixes? Warranty for secondhand buyers?

• bdye

Changed the title of the thread from “Welter V2 Rattling :(” to “1320 V2 Rattling :(”.
  • when I installed my welter duel exhaust I had to split the difference in positioning it because it was very close to hitting different things..... you could be hitting something when you get on the engine and it wobbles slightly..

• I’ll try it without the baffle. I really cranked those screws but it definitely could be that.

I have checked clearance all around it, and can’t get it to hit anything. I removed the heat shield bracket that it originally rattled on but this seemed to develop after a day or so of riding.

I’m gonna have it up on stands today doing wheel lights so I’ll give it a look over. I’d really hate to get rid of it, I absolutely love the exhaust note.

• So the rattle is internal. All springs are installed as instructions show, baffle or no baffle it rattles under any acceleration sometimes even at idle.

Huge bummer...it sounds so good minus the rattle.

(It’s a catless setup by the way)

• So the rattle is internal. All springs are installed as instructions show, baffle or no baffle it rattles under any acceleration sometimes even at idle.

Huge bummer...it sounds so good minus the rattle.

(It’s a catless setup by the way)

Don’t know if this will help or not, but found this info on TDS.

LINK:

https://www.slingshotforums.co…ble-exhaust-rattle.13344/

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I think they’re discussing a different exhaust but the concept applies. Look for potential clearance issues where the exhaust may be rattling against something. Also, if that’s not it, remove the muffler & shake it & see if something is loose inside of it?

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Thanks for the suggestions guys, i've looked, yanked, wiggled, shaken and jerked the thing around. It is not making contact with ANYTHING unless it's moving over an inch+ which I would find extremely hard to believe.

I emailed 1320 the day I last responded on here, haven't heard a word.