Aftermarket Shocks

• My guess is at least part of the ride stiffness is from the 30 aspect ratio of the 305. I tried an Achilles ATR Sport 2 305/30R18 on an 18x10.5 wheel and found it to give a slightly rougher ride and the lower profile also made installation a complete PITA! I prefer to run a 315/35R17 tire on a 17x10.5 American Muscle Mustang rear wheel and like it much more, although the 28mm Offset shifts the center of the tire about 1.5" to the left. This places the right edge of the tire in the same location as the stock tire. I've put at least 25K miles on this combo w/o experiencing any handling problems.

• I could be wrong, but I believe my '19 SLR already has a stiffer, sport-tuned suspension on it, hence the trade-off for getting the 305 on the rear. I love everything about the SLR and the characteristics inherent with its features, except that hard-ass ride.

Going to to have to find a soft pillow for your seat.

• Mitch will be supper to work with. Ask for the help before you have a problems and he will be there to help.

I am interested, how about some other user reviews on the Ridetech coilover shocks?

And finding these less expensive shocks, ($865), http://www.demonsspeedshop.com…shock-kit-black-or-silver,any experience?

(One kudo appears that both Rev Dynamics and Demon Speed Shop offer free shipping?)

Bill

• Maybe I will ask this in a different way, does anybody here have any reasons not to purchase QA1 shocks?

Bill

I have no reason to think anything is wrong with going with a QA1 setup, from what I hear they make a great product. The only thing that kept me from considering them was the fact that it seemed like a bit of a do it yourself project involving selecting the spring you want and shocks you want based either on your own knowledge or on advice from others who went before you - - - this was just not a process I wanted to deal with - felt more confident going with something where the "design" and "testing" were already done

As a side note my suspension mods, coilovers and sway bar are absolutely zero regret and my number 1 mods - heck if I had the $$ I might even be tempted to get the Ohlins 3-ways that DDM sells - - - - I ride my sling almost every day and how it rides is that important

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have no reason to think anything is wrong with going with a QA1 setup, from what I hear they make a great product. The only thing that kept me from considering them was the fact that it seemed like a bit of a do it yourself project involving selecting the spring you want and shocks you want based either on your own knowledge or on advice from others who went before you - - - this was just not a process I wanted to deal with - felt more confident going with something where the "design" and "testing" were already done

I sure can understand that line of reasoning about not wanting to assemble shocks, but the QA1's being referenced here are already assembled and ready for installation.

Bill

• I sure can understand that line of reasoning about not wanting to assemble shocks, but the QA1's being referenced here are already assembled and ready for installation.

Bill

are you still selecting the components or are they now offering Slingshot specific setups?

• It appears to be a SlingShot specific setup: http://www.demonsspeedshop.com…shock-kit-black-or-silver

Bill

interesting - - I hadn't heard of anyone selling slingshot specific QA1's before - - good to know - - thanks

• I am seriously thinking that if nobody really have nothing bad to say about QA1's, at this significantly cheaper price than competitive shocks out there, I just may take a gamble on them........................

Bill

Anything is an improvement over the stock Pogo sticks.

I have tried the Bilstiens when they were first offered and they were a big improvement, then I tried the QA1 when Hahn was offering them and they were an improvement over the Bilsteins - I am currently running the DDM set up beacuse I wanted more adjust-ability for Track Days and they have been the best of the three for me. Everyone has their own comfort level and needs - you need to do what fits you best.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am seriously thinking that if nobody really have nothing bad to say about QA1's, at this significantly cheaper price than competitive shocks out there, and even cheaper than stock replacements, I just may take a gamble on them........................

Bill

I think I would shoot them an email to them and ask what shocks and springs they are using on these "kits" they are selling - - then you could compare them better to what people here who set up their own QA1's found worked best - - - - - I have looked at the QA1 offerings on the summit site and there seem to be a large number of offerings some of which might be better than others

anyway just a thought

• I think I would shoot them an email to them and ask what shocks and springs they are using on these "kits" they are selling - - then you could compare them better to what people here who set up their own QA1's found worked best - - - - - I have looked at the QA1 offerings on the summit site and there seem to be a large number of offerings some of which might be better than others

anyway just a thought

Good idea, I am going to do that right now!

Thanks!

Bill

• I received an answer over night about using Street Series shocks and brand name springs. Since it appears that the spring rates are the specifics of importance, I replied asking for those.

Bill

WOW, an almost immediate response of 250 in the front and 350 in the rear.

Whatcha all think?

Bill

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added note, By doing a search I believe that I have figured out for myself that these numbers are in the ball park, now if I can just over-ride my caution and just hit the checkout button!

Bill

• I think you found a vendor that wants to do business. To often when you send an e-mail you don't get the response.

• I think you found a vendor that wants to do business. To often when you send an e-mail you don't get the response.

In doing my research, I have read various reviews of Demons Speed Shop which come across as being very polarized, it seems folks really like them or really hate them? So far my pre-purchase experience is shifting me towards the "like" opinion.

Bill