Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• Just curious on everyone's thoughts about the new rule the ATF is trying to put into place regarding changing their mind from 3 years ago regarding pistol braces now being considered stocks and wanting millions of people to now register their firearms as an SBR and giving a 120 grace period and not have to pay the $200 tax stamp for it. I'm wondering it it'll go into effect and then be overturned at a later date like the bump stocks did? If it affects you, do you plan on registering it, adding a longer barrel and turn it into a rifle, or not do anything?

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Just curious on everyone's thoughts about the new rule the ATF is trying to put into place regarding changing their mind from 3 years ago regarding pistol braces now being considered stocks and wanting millions of people to now register their firearms as an SBR and giving a 120 grace period and not have to pay the $200 tax stamp for it. I'm wondering it it'll go into effect and then be overturned at a later date like the bump stocks did? If it affects you, do you plan on registering it, adding a longer barrel and turn it into a rifle, or not do anything?

To start with, if was what less than 16 inches you could not put any kind of stock on it that would let you mount to your shoulder. When was that changed?

• To start with, if was what less than 16 inches you could not put any kind of stock on it that would let you mount to your shoulder. When was that changed?

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/…CAMPAIGN%29#axzz7qO0mLmuf

This all started back in 2020 when pistol braces came out. They were fine but the ATF said you can't shoulder it or it becomes an SBR. Then about a year later, they changed their mind and said the brace is slightly shorter than a stock, puts the shooter into a cramped position which is not optimal, and it's not adjustable so it's ok to shoulder a pistol brace. Now they are saying, "Hey just joking, I know we said braces are ok but we are changing our minds and we are going to now call them a stock which turns your pistol into an SBR". So the millions of people out there with pistols are now supposed to register their pistols as SBRs. Or your options are to change it to a longer 16" barrel, destroy the firearm, or turn it into the ATF with no reimbursement. The ATF cannot make law but can make rules but the rules are punishable by law. Let's say it does go through and never over turned and you do nothing with registering your now considered SBR. IF you get caught with it and it's not registered, it will be a felony charge.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

I don't use pistol braces and have no plans on using one, so this will not effect me personally.

With that said - it's about time for the Government (in full), to stay out of our lives, regarding firearms #2A

If I had a brace - I would ignore and not comply.

My pistols are all standard (red dot) but nothing more.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

don't rant.... don't rant....don't rant.... breathe deep.

What am I going to do?

I've already sourced a longer barrel.

What do I think?

In brief: The ATF does not serve the interests of law abiding citizens.

In a home invasion scenario, as someone who is responsible for every bullet that leaves my firearm the ATF seems hell bent on making this as difficult as possible. A short barrel rifle is an ideal tool for home defense. Short barrel for moving around obstacles and an extra point of contact for stability and precision, in that scenario I want to shoot the person that some liberal prosecutor released for "reasons" and not my family, pets or some poor bystander who happen to be walking or driving by my house in the time of the incident.

Presently I"m awaiting the *%@%$ useless "tax stamp" on a suppressor because I have the absolute audacity and gall to want to preserve my hearing in the aforementioned scenario.

• I received a gift yesterday from a friend.

Handmade Damascus blade in a beautiful leather sheath.

What a beautiful piece of art and sharp as hell too!!

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Do tell.....

Gas operated action and blanks without the shooter noticing a blank adapter screwed on the muzzle of the firearm .......

Don't want to get too serious or seem to overreact to a joke meme in a funny post so I'll just leave this here and bow out...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......