Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• I knew a guy many years ago who thought all his guns were secure when he left town because he had them in this large gun safe. He went on a two week vacation and when he returned his home had been broken into the only things missing were the gun safe and another smaller fire safe that he had. Guess the thief didn't want to spend any time trying to open them on site so they must have just dollied them out to a truck

ever since this event I have lagged every safe I have owned to the concrete slab with 1/2 inch diameter carbon steel expansion anchors - - - at least with these they got to open the safe to remove the nuts if they want to steal it

Another way is to surround and recess the safe with sturdy inside walls with just the door accessible. If they know it is on an outside wall the chain saw and a good chain will have the safe in the yard in just a couple of minutes.

• Another way is to surround and recess the safe with sturdy inside walls with just the door accessible. If they know it is on an outside wall the chain saw and a good chain will have the safe in the yard in just a couple of minutes.

when I was around 17 or 18 my parents decided to get a safe installed for jewelry and other small items of value. They went to a local safe and lock store and arranged which one they wanted. When the company came out to deliver it it was not just a simple delivery, they brought a big, about 4 foot by 4 foot by 4 foot cube shaped metal box into the house and lagged it to the floor where my parents wanted the safe, they then started bringing bucket after bucket of cement and pouring them into the box, when it was about 1/3 full they then brought in the inner box which was a tubular enclosure with the front safe door on it the door was third and about 4 inches thick. they then installed this into the bigger box and then continued to fill the entire thing with cement and then closed off the top with a large thick plate of metal - - this huge safe when they were done had an entire interior of about 15 inches deep and a diameter of under a foot - you really could not put much in there, but I can tell you no one was walking off with that safe and I honestly believe it would take a true professional crook with some serious tools to get it open - - - when they sold the house to move down here to the desert many many years later the safe remained behind, no one would even attempt to move it probably would have had to open the roof and get a crane to get that thing out - - I have driven by the house many times since then and there have been many changes, but I highly suspect that safe is still in the back of the closet of the master bedroom right where it was when all of that cement was poured.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• when I was around 17 or 18 my parents decided to get a safe installed for jewelry and other small items of value. They went to a local safe and lock store and arranged which one they wanted. When the company came out to deliver it it was not just a simple delivery, they brought a big, about 4 foot by 4 foot by 4 foot cube shaped metal box into the house and lagged it to the floor where my parents wanted the safe, they then started bringing bucket after bucket of cement and pouring them into the box, when it was about 1/3 full they then brought in the inner box which was a tubular enclosure with the front safe door on it the door was third and about 4 inches thick. they then installed this into the bigger box and then continued to fill the entire thing with cement and then closed off the top with a large thick plate of metal - - this huge safe when they were done had an entire interior of about 15 inches deep and a diameter of under a foot - you really could not put much in there, but I can tell you no one was walking off with that safe and I honestly believe it would take a true professional crook with some serious tools to get it open - - - when they sold the house to move down here to the desert many many years later the safe remained behind, no one would even attempt to move it probably would have had to open the roof and get a crane to get that thing out - - I have driven by the house many times since then and there have been many changes, but I highly suspect that safe is still in the back of the closet of the master bedroom right where it was when all of that cement was poured.

Our parents were from a different time in history —- how many times you hear “DON’T HALF ASS IT” or “YOU BUY SHIT YOU GOT SHIT”. Sure ain’t being taught anymore 😂

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• FINALLY got an email from my FFL guy yesterday. He has a few KelTec p17's coming in next week. After waiting for over a year, I might FINALLY get one. I just have to beat everybody else to his door.

• FINALLY got an email from my FFL guy yesterday. He has a few KelTec p17's coming in next week. After waiting for over a year, I might FINALLY get one. I just have to beat everybody else to his door.

KelTec guns are interesting. Owned a P30 and a KS12 over the years, key word being owned. KelTec doing limited supply of some really cool guns makes the pricing on these crazy at times. Literally sold that KS12 for 3x what I had into it and the P30 for 2x. Between the two the KS12 was fun, but switching tubes and reloading it is what I didn't keep it. That p17 is pretty slick, enjoy it if you get your hands on one knowing it's probably growing in value for you too!

• I would join that game it one of the players had a box of small pistol primers. I haven't been able to get any for almost two years now. My two Dillion presses sit here unused.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Picked up my KelTec P17 this morning. My dealer called and told me he had just gotten two in. 16 in the mag and 1 in the chamber. Comes with 3 magazines, Allen wrench, manual, silencer adapter wrench, trigger lock and some decals. $235 OTD. Been waiting for 6 or 8 months. Christmas came early this year.

• Very nice! I remember when KelTec and Glock first came out with these polymer guns and folks thought they would make it through airplane security being plastic.... What's really cool was seeing the 2a technology advance as that plastic whatever they use has proven to last. I recently got into 3d printing and printed a few with PLA+ now myself. You basically just printing frames and using internals from other guns. Works well with .22, .25, even .380 pistols and rifles but get a lot more pressure like a .357 and you may lose digits. Kinda like my first reloaded bullet, I held the pistol with a glove and closed my eyes and turned my head... Did the same on the first .22 I built out of PLA+ lol

Not my prints, but a few from a group I follow

No photo description available.

• I'm constantly surprised at the cosmetic embellishments and color schemes that firearm manufacturers come up with today - like 3GunSteve 's pic above. I know that designs evolve over time and that people in general need new stimulus to get them to buy, but I have a definite threshold of tolerance with firearm design. I like the design elements with regard to machining that can make a gun look wicked fierce, but balk at the multi-colored and screen-print (or die sublimation or whatever) type platforms. I know that the vast majority of weapons are range weapons. and that many new owners are young and/or female, but I want mine to say business, not party.

And why did Springfield Armory need to stamp 'Grip Zone' on the grip of my XD9? Did they think I'd grab the business end by mistake?X/

Damn, I'm a gettin' old. Still beats the alternative...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I been 3D printing for years now but would never attempt to fire with one. I own a lot of plastic guns but that is only what non gun people call them because the guns have metal where needed. They were not manufactured to get through TSA but to reduce weight and cost. After all you are not going to get your Ammo past a metal detector. I started reloading when I was 14 and reloaded 12ga shotgun ammo on a Mec loader. I now have 2 Dillion 550 presses and load 11 different calibers but still have that feeling you had firing your first reload. I had a out of battery fire with a 1911 that brass cut my face in 5 places and blew one grip off. I have seen enough guns blown apart by peoples reloads that didn't know what they were doing or not using good equipment or safety procedures.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Some Kel Tec guns look like they came from a Star Wars movie set.

Zoom in on the wall hangings at the factory in Cocoa FL. Better yet, go to their web site and look at their models. Not your grandpa's mantle piece.

That's my Mrs. on the left. VERY knowledgeable Kel Tec office person on the right. She owns, and shoots, most of their models, and, yes, she knows what she is talking about.

• And why did Springfield Armory need to stamp 'Grip Zone' on the grip of my XD9? Did they think I'd grab the business end by mistake?X/

I realize you question was not really looking for an answer, but I will answer anyway.

litigation - we live in a country where people will take you to court and win when it was their own stupidity that caused the problem

My wife makes peanut brittle and other nut brittles and sells them at local farms markets. when she got her Cottage Foods license from the county we had to submit samples of the labels that go on the various products. One of the things we must include is a list of the ingredients that people might be allergic to - - - so for example after listing all of the ingredients she then need a second line that says "contains Milk, and Peanuts"

seriously think about that - -its "Peanut Brittle" and in the the ingredients list every individual thing is listed including Peanuts and Butter

despite this we still need a separate line to tell morons that the "Peanut Brittle" actually contains "Peanuts" and just incase you are stupid and allergic to milk products and dont know what butter is - -its made from milk!

and even with all of this there still is no guarantee that someone wouldn't try to sue us if they had an allergic reaction because of nut allergies

hell some time back I was in Smart and Final and I picked up a big can of peanuts I was checking out the label and right there on the back - "contains peanuts" and "processed on equipment that processes nuts" - - - - - =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• litigation - we live in a country where people will take you to court and win when it was their own stupidity that caused the problem

Nah, it's just a goofy design element. I know litigation is prevalent in the firearm industry but if they thought they needed 'grip zone' on the grip to prevent lawsuits, it would be on every gun that they, and all other manufacturers make. Plus they'd need other labels such as 'entrance', 'exit', and 'explosion initialization lever'.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• I'm constantly surprised at the cosmetic embellishments and color schemes that firearm manufacturers come up with today - like 3GunSteve 's pic above. I know that designs evolve over time and that people in general need new stimulus to get them to buy, but I have a definite threshold of tolerance with firearm design. I like the design elements with regard to machining that can make a gun look wicked fierce, but balk at the multi-colored and screen-print (or die sublimation or whatever) type platforms. I know that the vast majority of weapons are range weapons. and that many new owners are young and/or female, but I want mine to say business, not party.

And why did Springfield Armory need to stamp 'Grip Zone' on the grip of my XD9? Did they think I'd grab the business end by mistake?X/

THEY KNOW LIBERAL MILLENNIALS MAY ACCIDENTALLY PICK ONE UP AND SHOOT THEMSELVES :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Picked up my KelTec P17 this morning. My dealer called and told me he had just gotten two in. 16 in the mag and 1 in the chamber. Comes with 3 magazines, Allen wrench, manual, silencer adapter wrench, trigger lock and some decals. $235 OTD. Been waiting for 6 or 8 months. Christmas came early this year.

I toy with the idea of getting one as a range toy. I love that it has cut for optics and I've become a huge fan of red dots.

• I toy with the idea of getting one as a range toy. I love that it has cut for optics and I've become a huge fan of red dots.

I bought the PMR-30 when it first came out and have never had a problem with it. If you are using it for home defense and you cannot hit the back side of a barn. After dark the fireball will tell the perp. he is in the wrong place.

• I bought the PMR-30 when it first came out and have never had a problem with it. If you are using it for home defense and you cannot hit the back side of a barn. After dark the fireball will tell the perp. he is in the wrong place.

For home defense I have a CZ Scorpion with Romeo 5 red dot (need to sight) and 2 - 35 round mags (need a clip to clip them together). May add a lazer/light combo. Overkill? Yes, but that's the idea.

• For home defense I have a CZ Scorpion with Romeo 5 red dot (need to sight) and 2 - 35 round mags (need a clip to clip them together). May add a lazer/light combo. Overkill? Yes, but that's the idea.

My primary is the Smith & Wesson M & P 9c around the house with two 32 round mags. I do not want to take the time to reload. There is always another (HANDGUN) within about 4 steps plus the token AR and AK with 6 loaded mags each.