Looiking to trade my Slingshot

• After much thought, too much actually, we have decided to get rid of our Slingshot. It is currently kicking the code 65620. I have posted a thread on it. The book on it is $23900. The trade in value is $16900, It is a 2018 SLR LE Lime Squeeze in color. A few add ons. Bullet speed top, hawk brake pads and some cosmetic add ons. Completely unmolested performance wise and not a scratch on it. Only time it has been outside overnight is when we were at a motel traveling. My dealer is only willing to pay $18000 for it and I think that is a little low. It has 16000 miles on it. It has the extended warranty for another 3 years. I will find out if that is transferable this week. I am willing to eat $2400 for the code it is kicking. I will trade for something that is $21500 in value. I think this is a fair value, it is kicking a code but is under warranty. If I have a Slingshot brother or sister that has a low mileage Honda Goldwing with a bustech trailer, that would be ideal. A Boss Hoss trike would be ideal as well. I'm not interested in Harley's. I want something reliable. We would like to travel and not worry about breaking down. I have cash in hand and have no problem trading up, even way up for the right item. I am extremely partial to Roadrunners as long as it is pre 1975. No projects. I am no mechanic by any means. Like I said I have no problem trading up and bringing cash to the table, just no projects. If you are interested or know anyone who is, please pm me. Please don't reply to this thread. I will take $21500 in cash but really don't want to. I would rather have something reliable that we can enjoy. Dead presidents just collect dust in the safe.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Tim sorry to hear that you are have so much trouble.... Things will get better.

Thanks EJ for your kind words. No worries. I just got the same bad seed a few others did. I still think the Slingshot is a ton of fun. I'm sure it can be fixed but we all have limits and I am just not interested in continuing to tow it until the problem is resolved. I want to trade it while it still has plenty of value.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• 123hotdog I just looked at the calendar it’s not April 1. So Tim suck it up . Fix it or get another one. You guys have to much fun with it. Yes you have had some trouble with yours now but your face showed all of us you were a LITTLE KID AGAIN . Tim we aren’t going to give up on you. Have a great day . Your family

• There is a thread on it in this forum. I have asked for a conference call with Polaris and the General Manager of Friendship Motorsports. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually. I was just hoping somebody had a nice Goldwing they weren't riding that they trade to pick up an extra Sling.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Tim, I respect your right to do what you want or feel is best. Personally, I think you are screwing up. You've had too much fun with the Slingshot, and the people you've met because of it. Hey, it's OK to have two toys! I have two Harleys in the garage, one that I ride and one for my wife. As far as reliability goes, mine is 8 years old with 27,000 on it, and hers is 15 years old with 57,000 on it..... NEVER let us down anywhere. I've done all the work myself, and I did have to fix an oil leak on hers last summer. It was the first one.

I would suggest getting whatever 2 wheels you want, and fixing the Slingshot and keeping it. Honestly, we don't ride the bikes much and have considered selling them because of that. The Slingshot is what is used here for us.

• I also have the token Harley a 2013 Soft Tail Slim with 20,000 miles I put a new battery in it last summer and rode one time. Guess what, dead battery again and I plug in the tender once a month. I have found that the battery does not like battery tenders and I have 4 different tenders. Yes, it is for sale. This was why I bought Sling II, I knew that I would not be without a Sling. Don't do it 123hotdog trade it and get another.

• Don't want you to feel like we are hating on you but I agree with everyone else. Don't sell the sling! We love having y'all and people like y'all in our circle. I can't imagine you having as much fun on anything as you seem to on the sling. We bought our 2018 SLR LE Nov, 11th of 17. Since then we have not ridden our motorcycles at all. I eventually sold my ZX14 and heck Shirl even priced her GoldWing the other day. It and the rest of them just sit and collect dust. I haven't even raced my drag bike the last two seasons. If we get an evening or a weekend that we aren't doing something we are jumping in the SS and having fun somewhere. Regardless if you sell it or not y'all will always be a part of our family and are welcome to join us anywhere any time!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Don't want you to feel like we are hating on you but I agree with everyone else. Don't sell the sling! We love having y'all and people like y'all in our circle. I can't imagine you having as much fun on anything as you seem to on the sling. We bought our 2018 SLR LE Nov, 11th of 17. Since then we have not ridden our motorcycles at all. I eventually sold my ZX14 and heck Shirl even priced her GoldWing the other day. It and the rest of them just sit and collect dust. I haven't even raced my drag bike the last two seasons. If we get an evening or a weekend that we aren't doing something we are jumping in the SS and having fun somewhere. Regardless if you sell it or not y'all will always be a part of our family and are welcome to join us anywhere any time!

Thank you for your kind words my friend.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Dude..........You all made me keep my sling and I don't regret it!

Tim you are going to have to suck it up and stay in the family _ I hate divorces

Where you gonna find a better bunch of lunatics.

I will always and I mean ALWAYS be a part of this family no matter how many wheels I have. This community is the reason I didn't let the dealer have it for $18k

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Mitch did keep his slingshot, but he also traded in his John Deere tractor to something that cuts his grass fater. But you have to note that in doing so, he had to stay away from the SLOWER Grey as well as Green ones to get the FASTEST RED one

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE