Transmission HP Limit

• Anyone ever seen the HP limit of the transmission?

Or heard of the transmission gears giving out?

Wondering if I should stay away from sticky drag strips, with a 4th wheel limited slip diff/500whp/track clutch. ;)

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

Wondering if I should stay away from sticky drag strips, with a 4th wheel limited slip diff/500whp/track clutch. ;)

Is that a fancy way of saying your Sling goes fast? ...lol :00000436:

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

Probably a valid concern. I played at the track one night. Made 3 passes with a best of 8:05 on a legal 1/8mi. 60' times were in the 1.8's and it slipped a couple notches on the belt. That was with 10lbs boost on a single rear tire.

I can tell you from expreience that the synchronizers are tender. Mine has a gimpy 3rd gear synchronizer now. Don't affect up shifting but you have to burp the throttle down shifting. It's a pain in butt. Looking to buy another trans so I won't be down while I repair this one.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Roadhawg LOL! not yet buddy.

Still running the stock clutch ;(

:00000436:

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

• Ghost Much appreciated feedback! :)

• Probably a valid concern. I played at the track one night. Made 3 passes with a best of 8:05 on a legal 1/8mi. 60' times were in the 1.8's and it slipped a couple notches on the belt. That was with 10lbs boost on a single rear tire.

I can tell you from expreience that the synchronizers are tender. Mine has a gimpy 3rd gear synchronizer now. Don't affect up shifting but you have to burp the throttle down shifting. It's a pain in butt. Looking to buy another trans so I won't be down while I repair this one.

Yeap, that has been the most common issue we have seen with the transmission dating all the way back to the Solstice/Sky, they basically have the same transmission in them. With those we would also see the 3rd/4th gear synchro issue that Ghost has. As for actual breaking apart failures, those have not been super common in the Solstice/Sky world with much heavier cars. Also, the AR5 transmission used in the Slingshot is used by a lot of guys as an upgrade in things like the Supra, just FYI.

Hope that helps,

Dave