Windscreens

• Just came back from a ride and I really don’t understand why you would want to look over the windshield? Being able to actually hear the stereo, not having to wear protective glasses, and being able to have a conversation with your passenger - I rode a few times with the stock height and couldn’t wait to get my higher one. Just my 2 cents, to each his own I guess.

• Just came back from a ride and I really don’t understand why you would want to look over the windshield? Being able to actually hear the stereo, not having to wear protective glasses, and being able to have a conversation with your passenger - I rode a few times with the stock height and couldn’t wait to get my higher one. Just my 2 cents, to each his own I guess.

You have never had a wind screen fog up on you at 85 mph have you? You had better be able to look over or around

You have never had a wind screen fog up on you at 85 mph have you? You had better be able to look over or around

You’re right and I won’t. I don’t drive 85mph and I only take my Slingshot out in warmer weather - have other vehicles for that. :)

• To each his own for sure. I like to look over it because I like to feel the wind but also I get a lot of bugs here so a ride would require many stops to clean the windshield just to be able to see decent. The stock shield does a good job of either catching them or sending them up and over my head. I would wear eye protection regardless of windshield.

• To each his own for sure. I like to look over it because I like to feel the wind but also I get a lot of bugs here so a ride would require many stops to clean the windshield just to be able to see decent. The stock shield does a good job of either catching them or sending them up and over my head. I would wear eye protection regardless of windshield.

What year Slingshot do you have? The F4 3+ indicates 3 in taller than the OEM on the 2015. F4 5+ is 5 inches taller. Some of the newer Slingshot have shorter shields than the 2015/2016 units. If you can, you want to sit and ride in some different shields...

• 2015 SL. I’ll look locally to sit in some. I really should join up with a local group anyway.

The Costume F4 3+ will be 3 inches taller than your OEM windshield. I'm about 6ft and have a F4 5+ tinted that I look thru and love it. I have 98,000 miles behind it going down the road.

• You’re right and I won’t. I don’t drive 85mph and I only take my Slingshot out in warmer weather - have other vehicles for that. :)

It's funny you should say that. With a tall windshield on your SS it is just like riding in one of those other vehicles to me. If I don't want the wind and feel of riding my motorcycles in the day, I'd be in my truck. Besides, my Wife and I wear helmets and have intercoms in them. We talk normally and hear quite well. If I'm alone and listen to the music, I can hear it just fine either thru the intercom in my helmet or I can hear it thru the SS speakers and I haven't added speakers or put in an upgrade to make it louder. Everyone gets something else out of their "ride". I love the wind, always have. It gets well into the 90's here in TN and the humidity sometimes gets pretty high too. The wind certainly helps... Ride on!

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• ACarl84

The F4 +3 will more than likely be too tall.

PRP seats with a one inch lift, at 6'1" myself...

Looking over the windshield by 1 and 3/4".

What I like about the F4 is the curvature at the top that creates a more upward air flow. Kinda like an air dam that prevents most insects from entering the cabin. Beetles and rocks will still get through that air dam.

Seat heighths and depth will create different view angles.

A lot of folks have a misconception that looking over a windshield puts you face first into the wind. A proper windshield creates a static bubble over the rider...

does not interfere with stereo, conversation, or vision.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Another F4 question if I may. Tinted or clear if you are looking through it? My stock windshield seams to be petty dark tinted and I was riding around the lake tonight right after dusk and if I bent down and looked through the tint it was a little hard to see. Also looking at the curb going around the corner it was hard to see. I am going to get the Slingshade top and either a +5 or +7. Canegrinder stopped over today to show me his 2020 GT with the top and if I remember a +5 which he says he looks through. Said he wish he had gotten the +7 to go all the way to the top.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• At one time around 1975-76 I used a smoked shield on my helmet for a while until I got caught coming back from Maggie Valley on the Goldwing in the rain. The only way that I could see to ride was to follow my friend's tail light. I rode like that for 3 hours and that was enough, we found a motel. I have never rode with a smoked shield that I had to look thru again.

• When they started tinting windshields around here you could get what was called a Suicide Strip that was at eye level. My son wanted one on his 914 when the got the windows done. I said no way. He got the tinting on the sides way to dark it was hard to see out the sides at night. it was unsafe around cross walks. Then the cops started cracking down on to dark.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Another F4 question if I may. Tinted or clear if you are looking through it? My stock windshield seams to be petty dark tinted and I was riding around the lake tonight right after dusk and if I bent down and looked through the tint it was a little hard to see. Also looking at the curb going around the corner it was hard to see. I am going to get the Slingshade top and either a +5 or +7. Canegrinder stopped over today to show me his 2020 GT with the top and if I remember a +5 which he says he looks through. Said he wish he had gotten the +7 to go all the way to the top.

If I need tint during the day, I wear sunglasses. At night, I definitely prefer the clear screen.