I Changed My Angle Drive!

• I always hated my angle drive. Others said it was about normal for noise, but it aggravated me to no end, and it was a 2019. I had changed out the gear oil at 1500 or so, replaced it with redline, but I didn't notice a change.

Finally fixed it by getting rid of the damned noisy thing. Also, I don't have to worry about keeping the belt clean anymore. Dusty roads don't scare me, now!

I think I have cleaned the belt one time in 93,000 miles and I have never sprayed it with anything

• Going to swap mine at some point to the new part number. Two questions:

Did you have assistance and how long did it take?

• Red,

I had my wife help me a little bit to hold some things while i was installing the new drive, but I probably could have done it myself. Otherwise, it was just me. I took my time taking it out and putting it in. I had it out in about an hour and a half, and back in, in a little more than 3 hours, which included aligning the belt and setting the belt tension.

If you'd like more info, i'd be glad to talk to you. reach out to me and with your number and i'll call you.

good luck,

Dave

• since you’re now an expert.....how do you remove the Long swing arm bolt?

• First, take off the swingarm bolt nut on the right side. It will be tight...195 ft-lbs. Then, on the left side, you'll have to turn the long bolt counterclockwise. That long bolt is threaded on the left side for about an inch. It is threaded because that is how you adjust the belt position on the rear pulley. You'll need a very large hex socket (I think it is 22mm, but don't remember exactly). Once the bolt is unthreaded (about an inch), then you just pull the bolt out to the left from the swingarm which will release the swingarm and the rear of the angle drive.