A Helping hand from Harbor Freight

• HARBOR FREIGHT

Dear Harbor Freight Community,

As we’ve been following the news over the last few days, we’ve heard about the severe shortage of protective gear for hospitals, healthcare workers and first responders as the impact of COVID-19 is being felt across the country. America depends on these heroes every day and in the days ahead we will depend on them even more. At Harbor Freight, we want them to know that they can depend on us too.

So we’ve decided to donate our entire supply of the personal protective equipment items listed below to front line hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms in the communities served by our stores.

• N95 Masks
    • Face Shields
    • 5 and 7 mil Nitrile Gloves

If you work at a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in need of these items, please ask the office in charge of procurement at your hospital to click here so they can provide us with the information we’ll need to determine if we can make a donation. If you’re not with a hospital, but would like to give us the name of a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in your community that might need our help, please email us at hospitalhelp@harborfreight.com, identify the hospital’s city and state in the subject line, and our team will follow-up.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS AT YOUR LOCAL STORE OR OUR CALL CENTER AND PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT HOSPITALS—THEY’RE BUSY HELPING THEIR PATIENTS.

For hospitals we’re able to help, we’ll email them a voucher when the supplies are available for pick up at their local Harbor Freight Tools store.

Although we certainly won’t have enough of these supplies to fill everyone’s needs, we’re going to donate everything we’ve got. We also recognize that there are so many other critically important people responding to this crisis and that there is need everywhere. We’ve chosen to focus our efforts on hospitals with a 24 hour emergency room with the hope that we can help as many people as possible right now.

Thank you and God Bless,
    eric_sig.jpg
    Eric Smidt
    Owner and Founder
    Harbor Freight Tools

Harbor Freight Tools | 26541 Agoura Road | Calabasas, CA 91302 | 1-800-444-3353 | Unsubscribe

• Health workers are thankful for a mask sewn by people at home. Those masks only protect from droplets. Can't imagine how they would feel if they reach for the next mask and it's from Harbor Freight or there is no mask.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Harbor Freight voluntarily makes a offer to donate much needed medical supplies.....Not just some but all they have........And then Ass holes get negative on them.....Shame.....:cursing:....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• For home use tools I have never had a problem but you still have to watch what you buy. If you have been around on the forum long enough you have heard me more than once speaking of CHEAP Sh-- bought from other countries. The American buying public only wants to buy cheap even if they have to buy a replacement again tomorrow.

• I think most of Harbor Freight tools come with a lifetime warranty. I know the cheap torque wrench I bought was replaced by them with no fuss, was in and out of the store in under 2 minutes.

I like buying when things are made here in the US, but money talks, and if a tool is twice the cost made here, vs somewhere else, I have to consider that cost.

• This thread is about HF donating all their PPE to hospitals and other emergency medical people. It is not about their tools, go start another thread if you want to bash their tools.

I am grateful and thankful of their generosity in giving ALL their PPE to the fight to kill the virus on our behalf, even for the tool bashers.

LC

• I suspect that safety equipment like N95 masks are required to meet certain specifications and possibly even be certified before they can be sold here in the U.S.

an N95 mask is supposed provide a very specific amount of protection and if Harbor Freights masks didnt provide this protection but were being sold marked that they did the liability would be huge

I have not been a huge user of harbor freight tools, but what I have used have always gotten the job done just fine and I think it is fantastic that they have stepped up to the plate to help during this crisis

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies