Why Me , WHY.......

• ......one of my sons got his first used car (2010 Acura TL) a few months ago and told me this morning he started his car and it cut off and smoke coming out the tail pipe, to which I asked what did you do lately to the car, to which he replied "Nothing just got some gas", to which I replied what type of gas DIESEL, to which he replied, YES..........to which I replied ( in my head of course) BONEHEAD MOVE......He better hope my other son can help him, who's a mechanic at Honda.......

Life always throwing me a curve ball.....

• I know a person that put 4 or 5 gallons in his hot rod he just stopped and finished filling up with high test 93 oct. then went in the station and bought 2 bottles of octane boost and dumped in the tank. It smelled kind of funny at the exhaust but did not have a problem.

• Growing up i worked at a gas station / auto garage and the old mechanic would put a 1/2 gallon of diesel in every tank of gas he ran in his old truck. Why? No idea he just said it kept everything lubed. I also worked with a guy that they filled his diesel tank with reg gas. The station ended up having his truck towed and tank emptied as he realized before he started it due to the price difference when he went to pay. As stated above better diesel in a gas tank than gas in a diesel

• Growing up i worked at a gas station / auto garage and the old mechanic would put a 1/2 gallon of diesel in every tank of gas he ran in his old truck. Why? No idea he just said it kept everything lubed. I also worked with a guy that they filled his diesel tank with reg gas. The station ended up having his truck towed and tank emptied as he realized before he started it due to the price difference when he went to pay. As stated above better diesel in a gas tank than gas in a diesel

diesel will act like a sludge/carbon cleaner

• My neighbor's son filled his 250 ford with gas it started spitting and popping but he did get it back to the house. I put a hose to the bottom of the tank and put just enough pressure on the tank for the gas to run out. If I remember right we changed the filter/s and cranked it up and he went on his vacation.

• ......So the gas station in question used to be Sunoco but is now BP ( I only use Sunoco) BP pumps all look alike some have said but be that as it may.......the car is running ok now after dumping the fuel out the tank thru the fuel line, my son had his car PC and made the fuel pump run for 5 min each time the key was turned on so that we could dump the fuel into 5 gal fuel cans I made my son buy, then my son removed the plugs , cleaned em & I sprayed brake cleaner in the throttle body while he started the car and we ran the rest of the diesel thru the line and now it running smooth again.........I've done bone headed shyt in my days BUT never DIESEL in my car........live & learn....

• Not guilty that time... I have picked the wrong one a time or two.

I know a dumb ass that stood and pumped 10gal of 93 in his Dodge Dually w/Cummins as it sat there running with the low fuel light on!!!!! Yeah it happens.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868