What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• https://leadersrpmshop.com/polaris-new-oem-brembo-brake-kit-volt-ange-slingshot-2889635-891/

Im wondering if anyone has installed the new brembo OEM brakes on an older slingshot. It says here it will fit 2020 and up but I have a feeling it is probably plug and play for older models as well. Can anyone chime in?

I'd be interested since the wilwood are expensive at 3500+.

• I'd be interested since the wilwood are expensive at 3500+.

We have a Wilwood setup for $1000. There’s been a lot of great feedback and we’ve moved nearly 30 kits in the last couple weeks. You can see it here https://zzperformance.com/coll…t-wilwood-front-brake-kit If you have any questions please let me know.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Edited once, last by Kyle D ().

• We have a Wilwood setup for $1000. There’s been a lot of great feedback and we’ve moved nearly 30 kits in the last couple weeks. You can see it here https://zzperformance.com/coll…t-wilwood-front-brake-kit If you have any questions please let me know.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

I know but does not include the expensive rear caliper.

• I know but does not include the expensive rear caliper.

We do that intentionally since the front brakes are doing the majority of the braking and also offer the option for a matching rear rotor with a set of hawk ceramic pads in it. The ABS module has no bias control. There would be no situation where you would want the same size caliper on the rear as you have on the front. Now, it you just want it to match from a strictly matching looks stand point that is completely different.

• https://leadersrpmshop.com/pol…ge-slingshot-2889635-891/

Im wondering if anyone has installed the new brembo OEM brakes on an older slingshot. It says here it will fit 2020 and up but I have a feeling it is probably plug and play for older models as well. Can anyone chime in?

The Brembos should bolt right up. The part number for the knuckle did not change which means center to center bolt measurement did not change. The Brembo calipers (all pricing from Polaris) are $300/e, the required rotors are $300/e, and the pads, pins, and clips (sold as a kit) you'll need are $75/e. However, the rear caliper has not changed since 2015 and is not a Brembo. They just painted it. You may want to save some money and just purchase the fronts and paint the rear to match. You'd have $1350 in the the Brembo setup or $1000 into our Wilwood setup.

• The Brembos should bolt right up. The part number for the knuckle did not change which means center to center bolt measurement did not change. The Brembo calipers (all pricing from Polaris) are $300/e, the required rotors are $300/e, and the pads, pins, and clips (sold as a kit) you'll need are $75/e. However, the rear caliper has not changed since 2015 and is not a Brembo. They just painted it. You may want to save some money and just purchase the fronts and paint the rear to match. You'd have $1350 in the the Brembo setup or $1000 into our Wilwood setup.

The Brembo setup does have some distinct advantages though over the Wilwood caliper setup you offer though, not really a apples to apples comparison.

• The Brembos should bolt right up. The part number for the knuckle did not change which means center to center bolt measurement did not change. The Brembo calipers (all pricing from Polaris) are $300/e, the required rotors are $300/e, and the pads, pins, and clips (sold as a kit) you'll need are $75/e. However, the rear caliper has not changed since 2015 and is not a Brembo. They just painted it. You may want to save some money and just purchase the fronts and paint the rear to match. You'd have $1350 in the the Brembo setup or $1000 into our Wilwood setup.

Thanks man. I appreciate you giving me the direct answer to this question as well as the alternative etc as a vendor.

• What's the advantages pls...

The Brembo kit uses 339mm diameter rotors that are 26mm wide for the front (13.34" x 1.02") with 4 piston calipers that use 4 equal pistons of 30mm (1.18"). The calipers are also designed to accept that large of rotor and have a pad area of 6.82". The rear is stock size of 11.75" diameter and .82", single piston 50mm (1.97").

The ZZP Wilwood brake kit uses smaller than stock diameter rotors, as stock size will not fit under that Caliper as it mounts. I am sure @Kyle will let you know the exact size, but it is probably just a couple mm smaller to clear, should be roughly around 11.5-11.6" in diameter to work with that stock Honda Wilwood caliper. The stock 4 piston Honda Caliper from Wilwood uses 4 equal pistons of 1.62" pistons. The calipers are designed for a max rotor diameter of 10.32". The rear is the same as the Brembo kit and uses a stock rotor diameter of 11.75", .82" wide single piston.

Honda Wilwood caliper - https://www.wilwood.com/Calipe…ist?subname=Forged%20DPHA

Brembo Advantages -

Pedal feel will be better - The stock piston area of the stock caliper is 3.04 sq/in. The Brembo's have a total area of 4.37 sq/in and the Honda Wilwood has a total of 8.24 sq/in. Piston area determines the amount of force applied along with the amount of volume needed to move the pistons. The higher the piston area, the more volume needed to move them, but a higher force is applied. The Brembos are going to give a much more similar pedal travel to the stock setup compared to the ZZP. Both kits are fixed caliper setups that remove the slider pins and will give better pedal feel than stock anyway.

Larger diameter rotors and thicker. That gives the Brembo kit much higher thermal capability than the smaller than stock ZZP rotors.

Larger pad volume - The larger pad volume of the Brembo kit will absorb more energy and prevent thermal shocking the pad much better than a smaller brake pad and have longer lifespan.

Caliper designed for rotor diameter - The ZZP kit is using a caliper designed for 10.3" rotors, but is using just under stock size rotors (11.6"ish), which keeps the rotor from fitting correctly into the caliper. Not a huge deal, it will work, but the Brembo kit is designed for that size rotor and has correct caliper and brake pad fitment.

Center of force - Because the diameter of the rotor is larger on the Brembo, the center of force for the brake pad is located further from the center of the axle. The further out, the more mechanical advantage the brake system has on braking force.

The ZZP kit is cheaper though, so if you only care about price, it is the better option. Otherwise the Brembo kit is a better kit and a true big brake kit upgrade.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• meh!

I have found that ever since adding the DDM master cylinder brace my stock brakes work just fine for my day to day driving with my occasional ride up through the twisties in the mountains. - - might feel differently if I did track days, but for my normal driving I can find better things to do with the $$$

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• meh!

I have found that ever since adding the DDM master cylinder brace my stock brakes work just fine for my day to day driving with my occasional ride up through the twisties in the mountains. - - might feel differently if I did track days, but for my normal driving I can find better things to do with the $$$

Better pads and master cylinder brace make the biggest difference to that brake system for sure :)

• Better pads and master cylinder brace make the biggest difference to that brake system for sure :)

And when the time comes for new pads then I will no doubt upgrade, but for now no need to fix what aint broken

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I don't think I've heard of anyone having to replace their brake pads due to them wearing out. So if you're thinking of doing a brake upgrade then, why not do them now and get that much more enjoyment from the same dollar investment? Ask EJ or Gerald (I may be wrong, but I think they still have the original pads in their Slingshots). They have close to 100,000 miles on theirs

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I don't think I've heard of anyone having to replace their brake pads due to them wearing out. So if you're thinking of doing a brake upgrade then, why not do them now and get that much more enjoyment from the same dollar investment? Ask EJ or Gerald (I may be wrong, but I think they still have the original pads in their Slingshots). They have close to 100,000 miles on theirs

95,000+ miles and my dealer tech says no need for new breaks --- mine are OEM. Dealer does not make any money if they don't sell parts...

Yep 101k and I'm still on the original pads

• That's good to hear - looks like I wont have to spend any money on brakes for a very long time :thumbsup: