What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Almost forgot - there was one other under the hood mod I did this morning - DDMWorks hood latch reinforcement brackets. Really wasn't expecting them to make a difference, but surprisingly they do make the hood latch with less effort.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Frankie55 that's nice work and it's pretty cool to see you and the other members swapping info. Do I see two different kinds of bolts on your luggage rack? Are those the grade 8 bolts I originally used on the outboard side?

Thanks, they are the original set of bolts. It's the angle of the overhead light. BTW still loving those racks! Incredibly sturdy and the powder coat is like new!

• Almost forgot - there was one other under the hood mod I did this morning - DDMWorks hood latch reinforcement brackets. Really wasn't expecting them to make a difference, but surprisingly they do make the hood latch with less effort.

Do those help at all with the "rattle"? God I hate it and can't figure out how to adjust it out!

• Do those help at all with the "rattle"? God I hate it and can't figure out how to adjust it out!

That rattle was driving me nuts. Couldn't figure exactly what it was. I greased the latches and the latch post. No rattle since and it's been two years.

• Getting ready for Maggie Valley. Wanted a smaller half cover that's easy to store. Difference shown between the full cover and Nelson half cover. Half cover fits well over the NASCAR Style tallboy windscreen & Slinglow luggage racks with roll bags. It also fits well behind or side of the seat leaving other storage areas open.

• Do those help at all with the "rattle"? God I hate it and can't figure out how to adjust it out!

All of my hood rattles and movement went away when I got the hood pads from slingmods

Hood Pads

the factory pads on my 2016 had fallen off before I even took delivery - with these the hood latches very snugly no rattles at all

the hood reinforcement brackets I just installed keep the thin metal latch brackets from flexing when you close the hood which makes them engage more reliabily

• Yeah I ordered both yesterday. Wanna bet on which vendor gets it to me first? LOL, kidding but my guess is Dave will.

• Yeah I ordered both yesterday. Wanna bet on which vendor gets it to me first? LOL, kidding but my guess is Dave will.

I don't know - Slingmods is pretty fast if its in stock

• Just purchased multiple items from both slingmods and Amazon. I did the fee month long trial with Amazon Prime. I believe many items on Amazon are 3rd party. Slingmods was faster!

Amazon can be very hit or miss - - Yesterday I ordered 3 items for my wife's farmers market business from Amazon - - 2 of those items are already scheduled for delivery today - - the third says it will be here Saturday

Slingmods can also vary - if its in stock at their place - -I get it in 2 days, if its out of stock or made to order it can take much longer. And then there are items they have drop shipped directly from the manufacture - how long those takes depends again on stock but even then they take longer for me as most of them come from out of state

• Now if we can just figure out what the mystery rattling is coming from the rear end all would be well!

I had one of those - - it ended up being the E-brake spring cover I had installed took me some time to figure out what it was. The cover had been gift so I ended up paying it forward to the only other slingshot here in the valley

the cover with its red powder coating looked great, but the rattling drove me nuts, seems when the parking brake is off the cover rested against the stop and any little vibration would make it hit against it. Wasnt sure if it was the culprit but it was the newest change at the time so I took it off to test and sure enough the rattle went away :thumbsup:

img_0627.png

• I ordered from Amazon again but I bet they will send the wrong one. The one I ordered was a clarion xc2510 $179 but they sent an xr5550 $169. The xc2510 is marine grade and lists from $330 to $528 on all sites except Amazon. Bet seller is listing a bogus item.

I had that happen with Xi5 MotorGuide trolling motor. Kept finding sellers selling for 5-8 hundred less than other sites, but either sent me wrong models (I had to pay to ship back, not covered by amazon) or notices that what I bought was now out of stock. So frustrating, finally just paid more.