12” sub ported

• Personally I find that a 12 inch sub is just a bit too much - I always end up with leftovers ———- Oh - never mind 🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• All and all...a JL audio speakers has the sound you have been looking for. I have 7 of them...6 1\2...and a sub. With a pioneer radio...AVH 4100.

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• I think 12" is a bit over kill being that they are better at playing lower frequencies than a 10". That may be what you are looking for. Unfortunately due to the placement of the sub in the cockpit inhibits those lower frequencies from playing within the area you will hear them. They wave length will be longer than the hood of the slingshot. You will not get the benefit of the pressure build up creating a near field effect because of the cockpit being open.

The 10" will be more effective at playing the frequencies that will be auditable with in the distance and placement. Ported can work and run more efficiently for power handling and to retract the wavelength with in the cockpit but would require a pretty complicated enclosure design incorporating a transmission line vent/port. You will unfortunately lose to many frequencies that a seal box will play well.

• I think 12" is a bit over kill being that they are better at playing lower frequencies than a 10". That may be what you are looking for. Unfortunately due to the placement of the sub in the cockpit inhibits those lower frequencies from playing within the area you will hear them. They wave length will be longer than the hood of the slingshot. You will not get the benefit of the pressure build up creating a near field effect because of the cockpit being open.

The 10" will be more effective at playing the frequencies that will be auditable with in the distance and placement. Ported can work and run more efficiently for power handling and to retract the wavelength with in the cockpit but would require a pretty complicated enclosure design incorporating a transmission line vent/port. You will unfortunately lose to many frequencies that a seal box will play well.

Hear...hear!!!!

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• Well - I have JL Marine 6.5's (M660-CCX's) in SSVWorks boxes under the rool hoops, powered by a JL MX-280/4 (bridged) & The Underground under-glove sub-box running dual 6W3V3's powered by an MX-300/1.

Added the front JL Stealths with a(nother) 280/4 - and I can barely hear the subs any more - they are being blasted out by the front stealths. (and the UAS box had to be shaved to fit with the JL's)

So I broke down and ordered the 10" Stealth for behind the passenger seat (GOODBYE STORAGE since the amps are behind the driver seat), to run with an MX-500/1.

I see an alternator and "big 3" upgrade in my near future. But this should give me enough bottom for what I listen to (no hippidy hop, thank you)...

Rick

• I have both my boxes completely sealed. And I have a W3 JL12" subwoofer in each one. As with any bass you won't hear it in open air when you are at speed. However you will feel it. We get a hell of a massage from mine. However when I am just cruising the beach front at 35 or less you can feel and hear my sealed enclosures. They are absolutely the perfect amount of airspace for the W3's. I have ( 2) RD300 mono amps feeding them each. And I am going to a RD1000 to feed them. I have the RD1000 laying on my counter now. I drive all my mids and highs with JL700/5 `