To Boost - or not to Boost

• I think the water pump plate removal and rotrex bracket install should say.

1. Remove 4 plate screws

2. If gasket comes off reinstall on plate hold on with Vaseline

3. Place matching new water pump plate against back of old plate

4. Match holes on removed plate to back of rotrex bracket gasket towards water pump hole

5. Install rotrex bracket with plates back on water pump access hole

So the order is water pump gasket followed 2 water pump plates followed by rotrex bracket. Dave@DDMWorks , do I need to remove the entire bracket install to get the gasket on first? Since I put the gasket on the black bracket? Duh!

• if Dave at ddm is monitoring i am still confused about attaching the rotrex plate. Does the rotrex plate with reused gasket go on first then the 2 water pump plates go on the outside of the rotrex plate? Going to install today.

Eric do us all a favor and start a thread in the DIY section for your install. It will make it easier for all of us to keep up with and to make it easier to find for others to find for future reference.

• Eric remember when we want to get someone's attention use @
    @Dave@DDMWorks

fun watching your work...

• ok I will start a DDM Supercharger DIY thread. I think I will do this once I complete the install. That way it will be more understanding. Believe me, I have learned allot already about the install. I was in Info technology for 40 years and I always wrote instructions for the "I do not know anything user's". Which I am one.

• ok I will start a DDM Supercharger DIY thread. I think I will do this once I complete the install. That way it will be more understanding. Believe me, I have learned allot already about the install. I was in Info technology for 40 years and I always wrote instructions for the "I do not know anything user's". Which I am one.

if its not too late be sure to take lots of pictures of each step - - - for all of us who have never seen all of the various parts involved it will make things much clearer

:thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yea - - I think if I ever decide to do this install I will do it on weekdays when I know someone at DDmWorks will be available by phone to help with any questions - - and I will contact them first to make sure they know I will be calling - - lots!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• When I put the bracket on I put plate/plate/gasket/rotrex bracket. Should have been gasket/plate/plate/bracket. I never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed.

Good for you in taking on the task! I have no doubt when you get done it'll be awesome! Think of how great it will be when people see your machine. Then you can say, I installed that supercharger, and then a big smile!

• As much as I hate to drive in the rain or cold/chilly conditions I know it will happen. I'm leaning towards the supercharger as opposed to the turbo believing the drivability under these conditions will be "somewhat" better? Any input from anyone driving under those conditions? What to expect?

I totally agree! The SC is much more reliable...But...put on the smaller drive pulley...more power...when you need it? LoL

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• Will do, I have some rework to do tomorrow due to my misunderstanding of the instructions. But I think I will have some good suggestions to make the install much easier. I will find out tomorrow when I fix my mistake.

definitely send us over an email or something with the suggestions, that is how we keep improving the install instructions.

• Well, I have posted on several threads my progress. I finally completed the install. In hindsight, it was a fairly easy install. Would I do it again, definitely. Second time would go much easier. Experience helps but the pain I experienced was self inflicted. Now I'm waiting for the roads to thaw and dry out. I may be able to road test in a few months.X/