My trip to Alpha Powersport EH!

• Best. Thread. Ever. ;)
    And for the record, he shamed me into wearing panties- never was a fan. The slingshot purchase was an exchange for my freedom!!!.
    I mean, geez, you gotta give the lady boss a breeze...

Okay... And is the young sister the same??? Pictures or it didn't happen! But not on this thread... There's another where it would be just fine! :thumbsup:

• Feeling a lot better this morning. Tooth isn't hurting so bad anymore. Thank god cause man that sucked. Hopefully we will be on our way today. Heading towards sturgis. Just waiting for the guys at alpha to finish up.
    One thing I forgot to mention. I was talking to Henry and he said there was something like 6 turbos in canada. None of which were installed by him. I am the first canadian to have a turbo installed by alpha. He also said him and Andy wold sign my skid plate when I order it. So that makes it first canadian turbo installed by alpha signed by the owners. And first year of production. Now she has some pedigree. Checks all the boxes for collectability. Not that I will ever sell it but if I did it would be desirable to people who want those kind of things.
    Cool EH!

• Glad to hear your feeling better, eh. You're not missing anything for weather here, cold and wet for a change. Safe Slinging bud and keep updating us with your travels. @Chubs You da man, great vid bro!
    Give Izak a noogie from Canoehead!

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• Hey I finally turned pro in the big leagues now. Wow what a day lots to report. Lers start with the good. Alpha hooked me up with a side exit exhaust. Quiet and purrs like a kitten. Wish it was in between the race exhaust and the side exit noise wise. But happy all the same. Race exhaust is a cop magnet so it's more of a sleeper now. So I get there to pick it up and Henry gives it one final going over. He didn't like the position of the pipe so had Troy adjust that so it was better. And he didn't like the idle so he had Troy swap out the injectors too. I thought it was fine but he didn't. Perfectionist for sure just wants everything perfect. Gotta love that customer service A++ for sure. And man he can swap out injectors quickly. Said our goodbyes took a pic. Grabbed batman and Robin t shirts and a couple hats for mementos of our trip and headed for Sioux Falls. Was like saying bye to family just can't say enough good things about my experience at alpha :thumbup::thumbup:

• Now the not so good. First was the heat I finally understand the heat issue. Up north the heat has always been welcome by me. Where I'm from its never hot for long a month at best and never humid. This afternoon it was 100 f and really humid. The draft on my feet was like having a hairdryer on full heat blowing on my feet and the cabin was just cooking us alive. Feel sorry for those if you who live here guess you just can't ride on days like that. Got to the unbearable point so I pulled off to grab a couple slushes. I get back in the sling go to start it and it won't start my heart sank. Waited a few minutes and tried it again and it fired up. I thought wow it must be running really hot so we got going to give it some airflow. It was at this point we noticed there was a rather ominous grey clouds to the east didn't worry too much because we were heading west. Drove for about 20 more minutes and I thought that's weird it sems to be catching up to us. Pressed on thinking hopefully we will outrun it. Didn't happen we got hit with the most violent storm imaginable quickly pulled over and grabbed the umbrellas from under the seat. Really were no use at all we got pummeled lightning hail and wind was simply unreal. I had my umbrella pointed directly left and did no good at all. So much water it was unbelievable. Takes a lot to scare me but honestly scared the crap out of me. And we were right out in the open. Drove down the shoulder and couldn't see a thing rain and hail hitting my glasses mad it impossible to see. Finally saw a side road and pulled off and hid under some trees. After 45 minutes I was done didn't know what to do just beat us up. Called my wife panicking not like she can do anything. She said just pray it all you can do. A few minutes later it started to let up a little. And I thought we can't just sit here there was a few power poles knocked over and I'm thinking we gotta try to go. Hit the shoulder again and just puttered along in first gear. Finally saw a gas station so headed for that knowing there would be a canopy. Which there was sat there for a few minutes and it almost stopped. At that point I could see a hotel and made a b line for it. When we walked in we looked like we just jumped out of a pool kid you not. Everthing we have with us was completely soaked will take all night to try and dry it out. Freaked my kid right out. But on the plus side we didn't get hurt or go hydroplaning so thank god for that. Man what an afternoon. We didn't even Make it halfway to Sioux Falls. But we're ok. I've seen the freak storms on the news before but never been stuck right in the middle of one. Was pretty freaky traffic just stopped on the road.
    Sure hope it's nice tomorrow.

• Welcome to the wonderful world of Thunder storms. They will creep up on you really fast and many times carry hail with them. This time of year, you're going to run into them quite a bit as they form during the day and dissipate in the late afternoon. As soon as you see those suckers approaching, head for cover and let it pass. They're usually pretty fast moving, but pack a punch and no fun at all. they're pretty common here in the southwest, I'm assuming that's what you're running into. Take your time and just seek cover and let it pass is all I can offer. Praying is an excellent Idea as well.
    This was today's temp....no fun at all. As I write this, the T-storms are starting to come down around the area.

• Welcome to the wonderful world of Thunder storms. They will creep up on you really fast and many times carry hail with them. This time of year, you're going to run into them quite a bit as they form during the day and dissipate in the late afternoon. As soon as you see those suckers approaching, head for cover and let it pass. They're usually pretty fast moving, but pack a punch and no fun at all. they're pretty common here in the southwest, I'm assuming that's what you're running into. Take your time and just seek cover and let it pass is all I can offer. Praying is an excellent Idea as well.
    This was today's temp....no fun at all. As I write this, the T-storms are starting to come down around the area.

holy doodle that's even hotter than we were.it was 100 where we are. We are in madelia.