MEMORIAL DAY

• Just wanted to post this in memory of my fellow riverboat crews who died in vietnam. Bless you all where ever you are..
    http://www.mrfa.org/navykia.html
    you will never be forgotten in my mind and soul.

Thank you for your service sir!
    Prayers for those who gave it all.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Those that have to ask what the difference is between Memorial day and Veterans day is not only ignorant, but arrogant towards their own freedom.
    This is someone who knows exactly what Memorial day is.

It is for those who signed a blank check in the amount of, and up to, death. Those they left behind, this is their day of rememberance, a day that they take comfort in a nation remembering their loved one.

It is also a day that over the past 15 years has turned into another day of progress, another day to make a dollar... a forgotten, unobserved day for many.
    It used to be just as it was designed, a national holiday observed by businesses. Not anymore. Greed, "memorial day sales", and workday as normal has taken its significance away... its no wonder people have to ask what the difference is.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Couldnt agree more. The over-commercialization of this day drives me absolutely batshit crazy. My wife calls me a Grinch in general because I feel that way about most holidays, but it's especially egregious for this day.

• Not trying to come across as a dick in any way, just one of my pet peeves.

Regardless of how you meant to come across with your pet peeve, congrats.

The difference is the dead and the living.

One is a nation's rememberance of those that didn't come home and to show respect to the families that lost.

The other is to say thanks to those that returned that may or may not have had to give up more than you know.

The one, most enjoy a three day weekend. The other, all government employees get off but the veteran usually has to work.

So, regardless of my military affiliation... please don't thank me for my service. I didn't do it for you, I did it to help preserve what I believed in.

There is only one who walked this earth that gave up his life for you. He knew you then and he knows you now. :)

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Steve gets as you do... a bit irritated by the disrespect, or lack of respect, shown for the military, as it "hits close to home".

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)