$1000 for Slingshot upgrades

• I have QA1s and yes they are adjusted to the softest setting.....except for the rear which I stiffened slightly.

https://www.thecarcrashdetecti…s-daytime-running-lights/

(Search) vehicle crash info with and without daylight running lights

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…abs/pii/S0001457501000136

I’ll continue to take my chances and drive with my SS lit up like a Christmas tree....

• I want everyone to be looking at me while I’m driving.....it’s better they see me and start paying attention trying to figure out what I am ....than not....

If this is your first motorcycle.....you need to developed a new driving mindset....

First, assume everyone is speeding...

Second, assume everyone is distracted...

Third, assume everyone is going to pull out in front of you and cut you off...

Forth, assume they don’t see you....

Fifth, assume they are deliberately trying to kill you....

I’m not joking.....about any of the above...

A jacked up pickup truck is about 3 times as high as we are....we sit very low making us less likely to be see....it’s only going to get worse with manufacturers selling more suv/trucks and less cars...

You have to make yourself visible to other drivers....do not tuck in tight against the guy in front of you....drive slightly curb side to be seen by traffic coming out from the right side at intersections.....while making sure someone coming toward you wanting to turn left can see you behind the vehicle in front of you.

I have a brake light blinker installed with extra rear lights...

• Well - as I pointed out, many of the add on lights that the vendors sell are not legal here in California and possibly other states - in fact with the California law that no lights can be added within 12 inches of any of the legally required lights that kills almost everything except under glow and wheel lights. Seriously what else would you add that would not be within 12 inches of the existing lighting?

Unless you know the laws on lighting in the applicable state recommending them as a first mod might not be very good advice.

There are many mods like coil overs, short shifters, better seats and so forth that dont risk violating the laws and can be recommended to everyone, but things like exhaust, intake and lighting are not something you should assume are legal for someone to change or add without first knowing the location of the person asking and checking their states laws

lighting might be a great first mod for Murder After Midnight , but highly recommend that he check his local laws before proceeding

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Is that light law for cars, trucks and motorcycles?

He could add the factory looking Canadian light kit for extra visibility....

• Is that light law for cars, trucks and motorcycles?

He could add the factory looking Canadian light kit for extra visibility....

In California its for all vehicles and from a technical aspect I am not sure the Canadian kit would even be legal under the 12 inch rule although I seriously doubt any Highway Patrol would know they are not stock - - but if it were added the center lights should not be removed to be like the Canadian Slings - California law requires center headlights on all motorcycles

like I said, lighting laws that are applicable to the slingshot can be very different from one State to another and what is perfectly legal in one can very quickly get you pulled over and ticketed in another

• Why do those idiots in California keep getting re-elected?

because the major population centers, San Francisco, Los Angeles and surrounding areas are full of liberal snow flakes who think its governments job to be our baby sitters

But I suspect you already knew this

as a side note we may have the worst government, but have what I consider the best geography and weather - - - so putting up with the crap is worth it to me :thumbsup:

• This picture is a perfect example of how decimated our education system has become............

Economics Major - knows nothing about anything especially economics

Where was she 40 years ago....if she told me that then I could have been a billionaire...

If she went to public school we’re all screwed...

• I know this isn’t the political thread but I am trying to get EVERYBODY I can to see this - it is scary to think we have an elected official making statements like this:

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/92898/

I do not like this womans politics, but before you spread it further you should know this tweet is a fake - please see the following link

https://www.snopes.com/fact-ch…oda-muthana-parody-tweet/

Personally If I were you Bill I would delete all of these posts, spreading fake things just hurts our credibility on the real issues that you and I agree on

JMO

• I apologize - I was and my friend was a victim of Fake News - I don’t like it on either side !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I apologize - I was and my friend was a victim of Fake News - I don’t like it on either side !!

But it was on the internet it must be true!

Just another reason why I do not tweet - facebook or any social media besides this lunny bin.

And another reason to own a flip phone.........................when you flip it closed non of that crap can get in

Bill hope you are doing well - we have some root beer to knock down soon.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• MACAWS , you can get the new Samsung Galaxy fold! It has a screen on the face and then unfolds to a 7.3” screen. Only $1980.

Like MACAWS said, there is a reason for using the flip phone. For me it is If you want to talk to me , you had better keep calling until I answer. Otherwise you get nothing,I do not use the rest of it.

• Thanks Bro. Still holdin some Crater Lake Root Beer for you - it is aged now for sure. Doing well - able to go short distances without a cane and today was the first day to climb in and out my Sling - my mount and dismount ain’t too pretty but comfortable once I get in - but my bride’s been tellin me that for 35 years:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it