Can you work in your garage?

• Well when I first bought the land I'm on now and before I built are house I built a 3000sq foot 12 foot tall shop. I enclosed 1000sq foot for a office area and play room.

Damn my house is only 1100 sq feet. But the more space the more toys.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Well when I first bought the land I'm on now and before I built are house I built a 3000sq foot 12 foot tall shop. I enclosed 1000sq foot for a office area and play room. My thinking was I would never have to worry about running out of room. (NOT) Mine looks about like your Chain I feel your pain!

On another note here is another project I have never finished and taking up room.

Only thing I see is a missing tail light. Looks good to me.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I do work on my Slingshot in the garage. its a two car garage and I have to back my wifes car out to make room when I am working on it, but to answer the OP I can say yes.

Now, having said that I dont have a work bench or any type of "shop" area in the garage - this is something I would like to change, but it will require relocating storage shelves and the junk that is in them which is not going to be easy. I do want to do it though, I need a place to mount a vice and also to sit and work on smaller things

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I do work on my Slingshot in the garage. its a two car garage and I have to back my wifes car out to make room when I am working on it, but to answer the OP I can say yes.

Now, having said that I dont have a work bench or any type of "shop" area in the garage - this is something I would like to change, but it will require relocating storage shelves and the junk that is in them which is not going to be easy. I do want to do it though, I need a place to mount a vice and also to sit and work on smaller things

Spend one hour each day doing something in the garage and you will be surprised how quickly you manage to get it done. That is how I do any large jobs or doing stuff that will make my back hurt if done for a couple of hours.

• Spend one hour each day doing something in the garage and you will be surprised how quickly you manage to get it done. That is how I do any large jobs or doing stuff that will make my back hurt if done for a couple of hours.

the problem is not allocating the time - the problem is finding acceptable places to move the things that are currently in the way. Some of these things are mine and that is easy others are my wife's and might require some negotiation. Current events (as mentioned in another thread) might free up space, but now is not the best time for such negotiations

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Spend one hour each day doing something in the garage and you will be surprised how quickly you manage to get it done. That is how I do any large jobs or doing stuff that will make my back hurt if done for a couple of hours.

This advice I could use. My wife helped out a lot before I brought the SS home. She spent hours out in the garage helping get things off the floor and onto shelves but there is still a lot to do. I’m pretty lucky in that I have a 880 sq ft detached garage. I was hesitant to put some items (tents, camping stuff etc) out there because we had/have a rodent problem. I’ve placed 4 of the electric rodent control devices in it about a year ago and so far great results. They’re still around because I periodically have to replace chewed up wires under the hood of lightly used vehicles. But the SS is in and if I move a few motorcycles I could easily work on it, if I just knew what I was doing.

• the problem is not allocating the time - the problem is finding acceptable places to move the things that are currently in the way. Some of these things are mine and that is easy others are my wife's and might require some negotiation. Current events (as mentioned in another thread) might free up space, but now is not the best time for such negotiations

Refer to post # 23

• Well when I first bought the land I'm on now and before I built are house I built a 3000sq foot 12 foot tall shop. I enclosed 1000sq foot for a office area and play room. My thinking was I would never have to worry about running out of room. (NOT) Mine looks about like your Chain I feel your pain!

On another note here is another project I have never finished and taking up room.

so what you’re saying is you were single at the time correct ?:P

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• My Play room is 26 ft. X 36 ft. with the 16 ft. door on the long side. I would not mind having it bigger but then I could not heat and cool it at any time like I do almost every day. You just cannot use it as a storage area and it is plenty big enough. It was not built to store or park two cars, a Slingshot the Harley and the riding lawn mower. It was built after divorce in 1982 by popular vote (House or Play Room) to work on dirt bikes and to park one car and to store one car and to heat and cool at any time. So this was a man cave way before that name became common.

• My Play room is 26 ft. X 36 ft. with the 16 ft. door on the long side. I would not mind having it bigger but then I could not heat and cool it at any time like I do almost every day. You just cannot use it as a storage area and it is plenty big enough. It was not built to store or park two cars, a Slingshot the Harley and the riding lawn mower. It was built after divorce in 1982 by popular vote (House or Play Room) to work on dirt bikes and to park one car and to store one car and to heat and cool at any time. So this was a man cave way before that name became common.

I have to say, Gerald, I haven't even seen it, and I'm jealous. Between you and Mitch, I'd love to someday have a setup just like you two. Maybe when I eventually stop letting Uncle Sam send me cavorting around the country every couple of years.....

• I have to say, Gerald, I haven't even seen it, and I'm jealous. Between you and Mitch, I'd love to someday have a setup just like you two. Maybe when I eventually stop letting Uncle Sam send me cavorting around the country every couple of years.....

When I get rid of a couple of more floor items that I no longer need I will try and post a couple of up dated pictures

• Let me know what you think of this tire. I've been looking at them, going to need a new one for the rear at very least. May swap out for a new set of 3 just to start the year right. Thanks!

This is my second one. I really don’t have anything to compare it to other than the stock tire that came on the rear. With the new one in the garage and being ready to put on today I am seeing that I possibly over inflated this tire as I have less tread in the center than I do on the outside so I will be cognizant of that going forward. I was running it at about 35 to 38 psi. Again, comparing the tread on the old and new I think I may have been able to of gotten about another thousand miles out of this tire at Best which would put it between eight and 9000 miles. The only thing I have questions about are, are there tires out there perhaps with a stronger side wall. When I first got this tire I thought it had a little give in the corners and not sure if it really does or if it was me just getting used to it. I understand this tire is a steel belted radial steel sidewall tire so it is probably just me . $98 delivered to the front door - not a bad deal!

Would I buy it again? Yes I think I would and just did 😎. Hope this helps out.

• This is my second one. I really don’t have anything to compare it to other than the stock tire that came on the rear. With the new one in the garage and being ready to put on today I am seeing that I possibly over inflated this tire as I have less tread in the center than I do on the outside so I will be cognizant of that going forward. I was running it at about 35 to 38 psi. Again, comparing the tread on the old and new I think I may have been able to of gotten about another thousand miles out of this tire at Best which would put it between eight and 9000 miles. The only thing I have questions about are, are there tires out there perhaps with a stronger side wall. When I first got this tire I thought it had a little give in the corners and not sure if it really does or if it was me just getting used to it. I understand this tire is a steel belted radial steel sidewall tire so it is probably just me . $98 delivered to the front door - not a bad deal!

Would I buy it again? Yes I think I would and just did 😎. Hope this helps out.

With 5 different brands of tires on the rear that 26 to 28 lbs. works best and I use a digital tread depth indicator every time before I leave home on a trip (500 miles or more) and when I get home. I actually have 4 spares right now, 3 different brands.

• I was running it at about 35 to 38 psi.

I've been running more like 26-28. Yes, it will let the sidewalls flex a bit in the hard corners. Not that some flex isn't a good thing, a rigid sidewall will not be as forgiving if you hit a seam or bump in the curve.... not only for comfort but also for sticking. The way I drive in the twisties, 38 PSI would get me into trouble. At 38 PSI, if I hopped over a seam or bump and lost traction under hard acceleration out of the curve it would go sideways. At 26-28, I'm getting even tire wear for the most part.

• I've been running more like 26-28. Yes, it will let the sidewalls flex a bit in the hard corners. Not that some flex isn't a good thing, a rigid sidewall will not be as forgiving if you hit a seam or bump in the curve.... not only for comfort but also for sticking. The way I drive in the twisties, 38 PSI would get me into trouble. At 38 PSI, if I hopped over a seam or bump and lost traction under hard acceleration out of the curve it would go sideways. At 26-28, I'm getting even tire wear for the most part.

That makes a lot of sense and I will do that pressure range this time. Thanks much!

• I've been running more like 26-28. Yes, it will let the sidewalls flex a bit in the hard corners. Not that some flex isn't a good thing, a rigid sidewall will not be as forgiving if you hit a seam or bump in the curve.... not only for comfort but also for sticking. The way I drive in the twisties, 38 PSI would get me into trouble. At 38 PSI, if I hopped over a seam or bump and lost traction under hard acceleration out of the curve it would go sideways. At 26-28, I'm getting even tire wear for the most part.

Track day hot pressure 26 lbs. Twisties hard driving all day I will be at 24 cold to start

• Ok 2 days of cleaning and arranging, best I can do with such a small space. The problem with small area is you pack and stack and it all looks great until you go to work on stuff and you have to drag out half the garage and it is a disaster all over again.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: