Strange sighting north central Alabama

• Had been shopping for some new electronics and decided I wanted to have something a little more tangible in my hands to look at, other than pics and specs. So, jumped in my truck and headed to the big box electronic store.

Temps around 45 to 50 degrees when I spotted what appeared to be a Slingshots. Had to keep looking cause they were missing the familiar projector beam headlights.

These Slingshots were running what appeared to be rectangular LED outside headlghts on the same slope as the brow. The center lights appeared to be a single light bar although it could have been two rectangular units.

Additionally, they appeared to have LED lighting running down the whisker slope. But, that could have been refraction from the brow headlights.

Laws of physics and distance prevented me from acquiring more detail regardless of my desire to do so.

So, did I just get a glimpse of the changes coming...

And, if a new engine/tranny is to be offered, would this design differentiate the immediate difference between the two?

Another possibility would be someone new to Slingshot customizing.

The strange thing about this... the drivers were wearing helmets. Cold heads or policy?

Yea, I know... pics or it didn't happen.

Unfortunately, phone was in my hip holster and I was doing my damnedest to get a look.

Keep your eyes open out there and let us know if you spot this configuration. They got to get gas somewhere.

Are ya listening rabtech ?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Whisker DRLs..... :/

Body styling would have been key but night driving would hide things a bit. Real world night testing of lights would be needed.8o

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Those "changes" sound very interesting.........................as far as the helmets go, that just suggests to me that the riders were very intelligent! ;)

Bill

If it was a 'Polaris' test drive I would think that company rules would be helmet
    I have never seen a picture of video of the Slingshot on a Polaris site that the people were not wearing a helmet.

• Those "changes" sound very interesting.........................as far as the helmets go, that just suggests to me that the riders were very intelligent! ;)

Bill

Sorry wjfyfe .

Two words you will not find in the same sentence...

Alabama. Intelligent.

Bama folks don't normally wear helmets and not required by law.

If a Bama boy straps on a helmet, stupid is hot on his heels.

• No argument here for or against helmets. Own a few and have worn many. And they may have added to my longevity.

The one time I truly wished I had the option of a helmet was when mom pushed me down the canal. It was a traumatic event and the only reason I have any memory of that day is in her telling. She never apologized for that.

• What will be interesting to see is if significant retooling has been invested in new body panels or if we are just going to see visual changes made to the current panels like the lights discussed.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: