• just to be clear when I bought the Motivo I was not expecting the warranty to even be valid for the tire when used on my slingshot - the only reason I like that they say it will go 60,000 is because I am hoping that if they say it will go 60,000 on a car it might do better than the other options I was considering.

if I can get 15,000 out of it as a rear tire on my slingshot I will be happy

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• just to be clear when I bought the Motivo I was not expecting the warranty to even be valid for the tire when used on my slingshot - the only reason I like that they say it will go 60,000 is because I am hoping that if they say it will go 60,000 on a car it might do better than the other options I was considering.

if I can get 15,000 out of it as a rear tire on my slingshot I will be happy

Inflation and dont spin it and you will be happy...the motivo is a great tire. I FULLY ENDORSE ALL NITTO TIRES! They are on every single one of my vehicles...If you knew how they were made you would be impressed.

I went with the Nitto 555 G2 and I will find out if I chose right in 2 weeks when I get my sling back.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• This is as bad as a "what brand/weight oil is the best?" thread.... ha.

Some food for thought...

- Kendas are most diffeniently a cheap entry level tire that are placed on the Slingshot because they were willing to private label and won the contract.

- It isn't very helpful to talk about how much better your name brand tire is than the Kenda. Your Nitto, BFG, Toyo, etc. will all be better. It doesn't necessarily mean it is better because of the tread pattern. There are a lot more variables.

- You have a 1% chance of getting a tire warranty claim to go through on a Slingshot. Reasons already posted above.

- Don't get caught up too much about the tire "charts/rankings" that manufactures post on their site. Focus more on customer reviews that can be found at TireRack, DiscountTire, Amazon, TireCrawler, etc.

- Slingshots always steer to one side when the rear tires spins. It isn't from the tire tread pattern, it is likely from being a belt drive on one side.

- Not one tire is going to be the best for everyone. People have very different goals with tires and this is why I have a dedicated track setup. My street setup and track setup are picked out to do different things. You can expect a really sticky tire to last long, or a all season tire to have the best dry grip, etc., etc.

With all that has been said, I still see 0 benefits putting an asymmetrical tire on the rear of the Slingshot over a directional tire if all things are the same.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

Edited once, last by TravAZ ().

• I just looked at my Kenda tire and stamped on the side it says...”Not For Automotive Use”

now thats funny :thumbsup:

• Picture speaks for itself

yes it does - "made in China" - - - that right there is enough to make me not trust them. Nitto's are made in the U.S.A.

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Nitto's are made in the U.S.A.

Just playing here where I just did a search, and, how sure are you of this? ;)

"Nitto are actually Toyo Tires, and are made in Kentucky and Georgia, USA, as well as almost every Asian country."

But, to make sure where your actual tires were manufactured:

"So starting with where to look. The information is usually listed in the
    inward facing side of the tires, but some manufacturers put them on
    both sides for convenience. But expect it to be on the inward side.

What you want to find is the place where it says DOT followed by a 4
    digit number/letter combination. The first two letters are the code that
    you use to find the location of where you tires were made. You can use

this website to locate: Tire Codes 01-0P"

Our BF Goodrich tires were manufactured in Alabama............. :D

Bill

• Bill - let me change what I said. I was too general in saying that Nitto's are made in the U.S.A.

I dont know where Nitto makes every tire and it is very possible that they make them in more than one country

So I will correct what I said, with what I do know

My Nitto Motivo was made in the U.S.A. - - - here is a picture I just took of the sidewall

• Everyone knows the SS is a 3 wheel car with a motorcycle designation. It has car tires not motorcycle tires. It’s a car engine. Everything but handlebars

Again, you are mistaken, Bigdog, the SlingShot is a motorcycle which has motorcycle tires properly installed, though some folks choose to replace those with "automotive" tires. ;)

Bigdog, you continue to compare the SlingShot to a car, why did you ever purchase a three-wheeled motorcycle when it is so obvious you would be much happier with conventional 4-wheeled car?

Bill

• Well would it be an autocycle or a motormobile?!?

Wondering minds want to know! :whistling:

SSREAPER

guess that depends on where you live - the State of California has no "autocycle" classification so here it is legally a motorcycle, registration says motorcycle and my insurance says it is motorcycle insurance. Actually in states where they do have "autocycles" and the registration says "autocycle" do they actually have autocycle insurance?

motormobile - - - dont even know what that is

as to the tire saying its is not for use on automobiles it does make me wonder how much different the requirements are to get DOT approval - - - :/

• Again, you are mistaken, Bigdog, the SlingShot is a motorcycle which has motorcycle tires properly installed, though some folks choose to replace those with "automotive" tires. ;)

Bill

You know, thinking about this, maybe this is a reason Polaris chose the Kenda tire for the Slingshot so to keep the line between motorcycle / automobile from being blurred?

Bill

• You know, thinking about this, maybe this is a reason Polaris chose the Kenda tire for the Slingshot so to keep the line between motorcycle / automobile from being blurred?
    Bill

I dount think Polaris put that much thought into it. Like I said before either kenda's bid came in the lowest or Kenda is the vendor they were already using for their other tire needs. Polaris managed to put just about the crappiest radio made in my SL and I find it hard to believe they put any more care or thought into anything else they outsourced. Price and availability - nothing more

• I dunno, edwardaneal, it appears that quite a bit of unique engineering and thought went into the conception of the SlingShot, though Polaris obviously had to consider costs into producing the SlingShot, to suggest that the SlingShot is a product of being merely slapped together utilizing only lowest bidders is doing Polaris a disservice? I am believing that there is more than just finances behind why Polaris chose a motorcycle tire for the SlingShot.

As far as accessories such as the radio, the buyer always has the choice of purchasing the SlingShot without and installing their own products, do they not? If Polaris had chosen to utilize only higher priced products, what would the final cost be on the showroom floor, and would you have purchased it at that price?

Bill