New Tires from General

• General Tire has a brand new tire in the UHP line up. For those that may be interested. It is the General G-MAX RS with a UTQG of 360 AA A. Some sizes will be available after Feb. 2018 SS fronts 225-45-18 we will have to wait on the rear tire. Eventually there will be 50 sizes in the line up. According to Hot Rod write up this month the only available 20's will be the 245/45/20 --- 275/40/20 --- 245/40/20. After Feb. according to Hot Rod there will be 12 different tires in the 18 inch
    rim size available. I don't remember the SS Base tire sizes I cannot find anymore info on the computer other than one of the best new products at SEMA this year

• The wife's tires are exactly as you stated above, staggered 245-45-20 front and 275-40-20 rear. Since we just put them on thursday Im going to call Americas Tire and see iif I can change them out to these new ones if they are available.

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• That is awesome news @FunCycle! You know I also was running the AS-03, and found it to be the best mix for my use by far! This tire gives me something to look forward to, and I'll not need tires until late spring or early summer. I will likely go to the 275 for the rear anyway, had pretty much decided to do that next time around. I was going to go with the AS-05 for the front, but now I'll be looking into these for all three. I'll make my choice closer to time, and when more info is available.

I saw where General and Cooper were the "Best new tires" at the SEMA show this year. I just bought Cooper for my daily two months ago, and I'm very impressed. Sticks well, great in rain, awesome on ice and snow. It's a 90,000 mile tire, considered all weather touring. Only complaint (can live with it, being very picky on this) is that on some types of dry roads, you will get a hum or noise from them. I'd not hesitate to buy them again, so that is always a good review from me.

• Hi all,
    Have you ever heard of this tire? I want grip like a slick, with a DOT rating for the street. I have a 305/30r/20, but with an SC going in next week, I probably should consider a stickier tire...better than my Kenda. Please chime in.

ADVAN A048
    Street/Racetrack
    The Yokohama ADVAN A048 is a competition and streetable track tire made for high performance driving. It has superior traction capability for excellent handling. Though the ADVAN A048 meets DOT requirements, it is not designed to be used in standing water, icy or snowy weather environments.

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.

• I have a new AS-03 I picked up in August. Not intending to use it. Will offload for cost paid.

Picked up two of them for a steal based on reviews here. Used one and not in love with the tire. If memory serves me right, I paid $150 ea. Can validate. It is the 20” stock size.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• How wide?@FunCycle

Nine inches is what meets the road I just checked mine. I will check later for sure I have 4 back tires now and still have the AS-03 that is down to the first wear bar. Total I have two mounted sets plus three back tires. The AS-03 is still the best of the five different tires that I have used.

• How wide?@FunCycle

Stock rear size...

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I have a new AS-03 I picked up in August. Not intending to use it. Will offload for cost paid.

Picked up two of them for a steal based on reviews here. Used one and not in love with the tire. If memory serves me right, I paid $150 ea. Can validate. It is the 20” stock size.

What are the shortcomings Joey? I'm doing my best to burn off the stock Kenda and am not ready to buy new wheels yet. This might be an option for me. @FunCycle gives it high marks after trying several different tires.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• What are the shortcomings Joey? I'm doing my best to burn off the stock Kenda and am not ready to buy new wheels yet. This might be an option for me. @FunCycle gives it high marks after trying several different tires.

I've been running this tire for the past season plus. Good things are, tire life 1 1/2 to 2 times the stock. Sticks better. Wicks water some better, still is some to be desired. This is all season, not a sticky track tire. But it still sticks better than stock. Down side, noisy if you spin it, it really bawls out and may attract unwanted attention.

I'd like to have it, but I only gave $170 for mine installed and balanced, and I'm sure I can't get it shipped for $20. Yes, I can't get one easily now. But my fronts are wearing enough I'm looking to replace all three this time around. If it were closer to me, I'd just use the AS-05 for the front and go with this one. Currently looking at (since replacing all 3) the RS-05, I think it is, for all three. I still have time to decide, but likely will change them all over before Maggie Valley.

• But it still sticks better than stock. Down side, noisy if you spin it, it really bawls out and may attract unwanted attention.

Thanks @Goats_Hogs, I don't really see that as a downside. I often don't know the rear has broken loose until I feel it going to one side. It seems that a little noise could be an early warning system. And if LE hears me but doesn't see me, well, it wasn't me!

Keep it between the ditches brother!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I hated the General AS-03 tire for two reasons... I found it to break loose and lose grip much faster than the stock tire. I didn't have to try and spin the rear tire, it just did it everywhere. I tried to play with the air pressure and then thought it needed to break in. Put about 1K miles on the newly installed AS-03 and it was still slippery as all get out.

The second reason is how loud it was when doing a burnout. It squealed and squelched LOUDLY. Gone was the ability to do silent burnouts. Figured it was going to cause me a ticket as often and I lay down the rubber. I went back to a stock Kenda tire and I am much happier.

I do love the look of the tire!

• I still have the AS-03 installed on a second set of wheels and can tell you... swapping it out for the stock Kenda and doing the same stretch of road around me, it breaks free much faster than the Kenda. I really wanted to love the tire and thought I would based on the reviews I read here when shopping for the right all around tire.