RPM ONE- for SS Extended Warranty, Any Feedback?

• I’m not a fan of extended service contracts, as I like to do most maintenance and repairs myself. However, as I was at my Polaris dealership this weekend getting some warranty work completed, we were talking warranties in general (mine expires at the end of this month) so I listened to their sales pitch: They offered the two choices, and they leaned heavily toward recommending the second choice:

• Extended Protection Plan (warranty) through Polaris, (at the same prices on the generic mailer I received from Polaris). No Price discounting available, Requires $50 deductible per service visit, and service must be done by authorized Polaris dealer. Prices: $700 for one additional year, or $1000 for two additional years, or $1300 for three additional years.
    • Extended Warranty plan through RPM ONE (Interstate National Dealer Services, Inc.). They recommended this choice because: Lower Cost, NO deductible cost per visit, and the service can done at more locations (does not have to be a Polaris dealer). My Polaris Dealer said they only sell the RPM ONE “Platinum Plan” (highest level), and could offer a 10% discount on the standard costs. They offered these two choices: $1,035 for two additional years ($1,150 – 10%), or $1,170 for three additional years ($1,300-10%) A one year plan Not offered from RPM ONE. (I suppose I could try negotiating a larger discount, but I wanted to do some homework on RPM ONE first, to see if this was even worth the effort)

I see in past forum messages FixMyToys has offered discounted warranties to Forum members (Polaris warranty? 25% discount?) and I’ve sent an e-mail requesting a quote, but haven’t heard back yet.

My Polaris dealer did comment that regardless of which warranty provider chosen, a lot rides on how well the servicing dealer will represent you when submitting claims to the extended warranty provider. When I expressed concerns about any “mods” being called into question and possibly invalidating warranties, they stated the warranty provider will only know what the servicing dealer (they) tell them, and they will “fight hard” on my behalf to justify any warranty claims that need to be made.

So I’m curious and my question is: Has anyone experience/feedback on RPM ONE and extended warranties? Especially related to the Slingshot (Or even other vehicles? I did some google-searching and found many poor comments regarding RPM ONE and non-slingshot vehicles, so that’s not encouraging …)

Thanks!

(Apologize in advance if this has been covered already, my search did not pull up any relevant RPM ONE information)

• 25% discount on the Polaris warranty is easy. PM me if you are not having any luck. The extended warranty is good no matter where you purchased it.

The worst thing you can do is get a 3rd party warranty. Nuts. Brain damage nuts.

Any stories about servicing dealers "fighting hard" is complete bullshit. What are they going to do? Punch the insurance adjuster in the nose? Bullshit. Thieves. Criminals.

Just my humble opinion.

• The Polaris dealers have a lot of room for discounts in the 3 yr warrantee...I'm not a big fan of the additional warrantee, but for this machine I like it.

@Tripod --- who discounts the Polaris warrantee that we know on the forum...Larry you are the only one I know that knows ALL the answers...

• The Polaris dealers have a lot of room for discounts in the 3 yr warrantee...I'm not a big fan of the additional warrantee, but for this machine I like it.

@Tripod --- who discounts the Polaris warrantee that we know on the forum...Larry you are the only one I know that knows ALL the answers...

@FixMyToysZach

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Sorry for the confusion guys, not sure who you dealt with @ITZQUIK but I am the main point of contact for FixMyToys.com on the SlingshotInfo forums. Feel free to reach out to me personally at Zach@FixMyToys.com with any questions you may have. If you would like to get a discounted quote on your machine, you can get a hold of our online sales department which should take no more than 15-20 minutes max to complete your ESC purchase.

(855) 640-3785, our reps will be happy to get you covered. Make sure to have your VIN # present for an accurate quote. Thanks!

• Thanks everyone for the feedback & recommendations. I did get a V/M from Mike at FixMyToys, I'll be reaching out to him to discuss the discounted Polaris Extended Warranty for my SS

Great group here on the Forum, Thanks Again All! :)

• Thanks everyone for the feedback & recommendations. I did get a V/M from Mike at FixMyToys, I'll be reaching out to him to discuss the discounted Polaris Extended Warranty for my SS

Great group here on the Forum, Thanks Again All! :)

Hey not a problem, let us know if you ever need anything else. We will have our 2018 catalog up on our new website update hopefully before Black Friday & Cyber Monday.

• Was looking for parts, maybe add 2017 and 2018 to the parts page??
    8o8o

See the my post above, I let everyone know we are planning to bring all 2017 & 2018 parts & accessories back once the new version of website is finished before Black Friday / Cyber Monday

In the meantime, you are welcome to give our customer support sales team a call at (855) 640-3785 and we would be happy to fulfill any orders you would like for all 2017 and 2018 OEM parts and Accessories.

• Hi Zac,
    I have a 2015 that I bought in May of this year...with 720 miles on it.....it’s never been titled so I’m the first owner..my dealer said it was used and they told me they would honor my warranty...which so far they have done but this last visit they called it a “courtesy” warranty and it sounded like that might be ending here shortly....they did not give a timetable but six months just ended...

I asked if I could purchase an extended warranty a few months ago and they said I had to do it the day I bought it....

So is my SS considered new or used?
    Thanks...

An extended warrantee can be bought any time after the sale of the Slingshot. It's an insurance policy and the dealership makes good money selling them. Also there is a good mark up on them so most will sell at a discount.

• Hi Zac,
    I have a 2015 that I bought in May of this year...with 720 miles on it.....it’s never been titled so I’m the first owner..my dealer said it was used and they told me they would honor my warranty...which so far they have done but this last visit they called it a “courtesy” warranty and it sounded like that might be ending here shortly....they did not give a timetable but six months just ended...

I asked if I could purchase an extended warranty a few months ago and they said I had to do it the day I bought it....

Thanks...

Your SS would probably be considered 'used' since the warranty was not purchased within 30 days of your purchase. Also, despite being the first 'titling' owner, the vehicle being 2+ yrs old and having some demo miles on it may also put it in the 'used' category. At this point, you could probably still get a 3rd party service contract which usually carries a $50 deductable, per incident. Check with your dealer and your insurance carrier to see if they recommend anyone, or go online. Also, as noted previously, FixMyToys.com might be able to offer a plan or recommend someone who does.

Regarding the courtesy warranty service from your dealer, wether they ate the cost or went to bat with the factory to extend coverage, they deserve props for making it happen. :thumbup:

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Hi Zac,

Thanks...

Give our support line a call at (855) 640-3785 and our sales team will check your VIN # for you to let you know if this is still an option. Thanks!

• Call 304 257-4420. Ask for Marcus. Tell him Eric Eisenhower sent you.

Long shot, but long distance calls are free these days. Maybe coming from a different dealer would make a difference. They helped a friend of mine get an extended warranty after the initial warranty expired.

Good luck. A slingshot without a warranty can be a money pit.

• Thanks but I think my situation is different because mine is considered used...technically the second owner.....the system kicked it out by the vin number...it comes up as 2015 so anyway they slice it ...it’s 3 years old...translates into S.O.L....

• Thanks but I think my situation is different because mine is considered used...technically the second owner.....the system kicked it out by the vin number...it comes up as 2015 so anyway they slice it ...it’s 3 years old...translates into SS.O.L...

Maybe not. There are companies that provide service contracts on used vehicles. As @FixMyToysZach suggested, give his team a call. It can't hurt and doesn't cost you anything. The service contracts are not really an extended factory warranty but an insurance policy against failure, similar to accident insurance. Just like any insurance policy, be sure to read the fine print to avoid potentially disappointing surprises.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams