My face when I learned that the Las Vegas shooter had antifa materials in his room and was probably a hardcore leftist:

• I'm not going to get into the whole gun law debate... BUT, I would like to mention: What better way to stoke the already inflamed race war in America ~> when a white guy mows down a ton of people with a high power rifle! *ugh*

Putting on my tin-foil hat for this next statement ... I don't think this wealthy guy did anything (he's just a patsy)!

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but muzzle flashes were filmed from the lower floors (not the 32nd) ~> further, a girl is tipped-off before the event that everyone was going to die; hinting that some other people may have known about it ~> finally, why did police indicate during a press conference that outside help should "avoid the area" ?? First-responders (I'm sure), could've used the help!

Something feels a bit off... I mean, with so many other (and better) vantage points outside the hotel, makes you wonder if this entire nightmare is born of public misdirection. Alas, in the end, people are dead and injured... and that is the real tragedy here! I just don't know if "the shooter story" matches the crime... maybe time will tell?

*Removing tin-foil hat now... and slowly starting to fall back into the crowd... :S

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• One thing we know for sure this madman was a millionaire - I know it’s only a drop in the bucket but all his assets should be seized and sold with the proceeds being funneled to the victims and their families to help defray medical and funeral expenses !’

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Last I'm saying on this. First rapid fire or machine gun was patented in 1718, the Puckle Gun. They new about and thought about auto weapons long before we became a country. And a lawyer invented it @'Bill Martin:

Flier for James Puckle's 1718 patent revolving firearm, shows various cylinders for use with round and square bullets.

Replica Puckle gun from Buckler's Hard Maritime Museum
    The Puckle gun (also known as the Defence gun) was a primitive crew-served, manually-operated flintlock[1] revolver patented in 1718 by James Puckle(1667–1724) a British inventor, lawyer and writer. It was one of the earliest weapons to be referred to as a "machine gun", being called such in a 1722 shipping manifest,[2] though its operation does not match the modern use of the term.

• Thanks!! Any time the shit hits the fan - blame the lawyer :00008172::00008172:

• One thing we know for sure this madman was a millionaire - I know it’s only a drop in the bucket but all his assets should be seized and sold with the proceeds being funneled to the victims and their families to help defray medical and funeral expenses !’

Patsy or not... he gets to wear the moniker of mass murderer ~> sometimes life can suck, LET'S LIQUIDATE HIS STUFF!! :evil:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• If any of you come to central Illinois I will show you how to bump fire you don't need that stock. The stock will help but it's not needed. The momentum of the gun will make it bump fire in the right position. I shoot all the time have lots of guns built a berm to shoot into. Have my own range. I believe in a strong 2nd amendment. When I was single and I didn't get married til I was 28 I bought a gun a month for years just like to collect and shoot I own more guns that I haven't shot than I've shot. My guns have never caused anyone trouble but to me and my wallet.

• I don't wish death on anyone not even a worst enemy of mine but maybe when your family is part of something horrific as the Las Vegas shootings or Orlando gay club shooting your mind may change a small bit. I don't get into the whole democratic and republican party debate cause I'm sure the shooters don't say hey I'm a republican so I'm able to kill people and get away with it but regardless I hope everyone continues to stay safe and nothing tragic happens to your family such as these senseless killings.

RNJ12

• I have learned sumthin thru this horrific event. I guess I was blissfully ignorant that there was a stock available that would turn a semi automatic into a fully automatic weapon very inexpensively and not regulated. While I have been unable to support ANY kind of anti gun legislation up to now my question is - fully automatic weapons have been illegal for decades unless you have a FFA license - why not this?? I gotta say I think it might be a time for a conversation for maybe not outlawing these stocks but at least put them under full auto regulations. I know most of us here are really pro gun - what you think - am I right or turning liberal on y’all ??? :00008359:

@Bill Martin, and the others - I have quit reading this whole thread, because it's hurting my damn head, but before I go, I feel obligated to clarify one thing. This bump fire stock is not a conversion kit to full auto. It's simply allows the trigger to be manipulated faster than some people can pull the trigger. As one person has already pointed out, it is possible to pull the trigger just as fast without this device. I've used one, it's kind of a neat toy, but much like having 500 horsepower on a Slingshot, the bump fire stock has limited use.

Again, this is an external piece of plastic, that does nothing to change the mechanism of the firearm... The gun is still semi-automatic, meaning one round fired for each pull of the trigger.

• I have a little different take on this - I do not wish death upon anybody for anything they say or do short of killing another human being. HOWEVER, should this asshole have survived, others such as Dylann Roofe, serial killers, cold blooded murderers I say public executions in as gruesome a way possible. Let it be known that you will be executed in the most painful way possible - and not be languishing in prison on the taxpayers dime. I cannot even imagine the pain that these monsters cause but I imagine if some of my family or friends were butchered by someone like this I would take great pleasure in throwing the switch, shoving the needle in their arm, pulling the trigger or anything else the law would allow to my great satisfaction !!

• @Bill Martin you can’t really make a device like the bump stock illegal. It just bounces the weapon off your shoulder. Someone could very easily make a grip with a button that causes a robot finger to rapidly pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

That’s what I’m learning here - to be honest I had no idea what it was before today - thanks everyone for schooling me - and yes I see what you are saying

• @Bill Martin, and the others - I have quit reading this whole thread, because it's hurting my damn head, but before I go, I feel obligated to clarify one thing. This bump fire stock is not a conversion kit to full auto. It's simply allows the trigger to be manipulated faster than some people can pull the trigger. As one person has already pointed out, it is possible to pull the trigger just as fast without this device. I've used one, it's kind of a neat toy, but much like having 500 horsepower on a Slingshot, the bump fire stock has limited use.
    Again, this is an external piece of plastic, that does nothing to change the mechanism of the firearm... The gun is still semi-automatic, meaning one round fired for each pull of the trigger.

Thank You @KayTwo

• I hadn't heard of a bump-stock before this happened, but I'm learning about several legal accessories that can imitate full auto. Our local news was showing this one early on. I can't imagine it being used for anything but spraying.