What are you doing for Mom this year

• Get her a case of Ensure, A Carnation, Maybe a Happy Meal From McDs?

Little ticked @ my parents right now......

I gotta get the wife something from the kids....That may be Dinner & a little gift?

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Get her a case of Ensure, A Carnation, Maybe a Happy Meal From McDs?

Little ticked @ my parents right now......

I gotta get the wife something from the kids....That may be Dinner & a little gift?

Get over your ticked-off'd-ness.
    You could be like me and wish they were both here so you could just hug them one more time.
    Or be hugged by them just one more time.
    What ever caused you to be ticked off is not as bad as missing them.

• Get over your ticked-off'd-ness.You could be like me and wish they were both here so you could just hug them one more time.
    Or be hugged by them just one more time.
    What ever caused you to be ticked off is not as bad as missing them.

each there own, easy to judge and say until you know the reasons. So everyone worry about themselves , I'm not telling you how to think or feel! & to you guys jumping on the "Like" bus! :00000014:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

Edited once, last by BONES ().

• Another year, another holiday for mom is up around the bend...

I should get her something nice since when I was sickly, she cooked a feast and delivered it, drove home and the Next day, I said the words "lemon water" and she drove 30 minutes one way again....to set a bag of lemons in the driveway ( so as not to bother me.. ) and me telling her not to bring lemons...

What do i get her for such selfless acts of kindness? Flowers? Flowers in the driveway? 8o:D

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Another year, another holiday for mom is up around the bend...

I should get her something nice since when I was sickly, she cooked a feast and delivered it, drove home and the Next day, I said the words "lemon water" and she drove 30 minutes one way again....to set a bag of lemons in the driveway ( so as not to bother me.. ) and me telling her not to bring lemons...

What do i get her for such selfless acts of kindness? Flowers? Flowers in the driveway? 8o:D

Coupon for a spa day - massage, pedicure, etc.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• sounds nice... will probably get her a new outfit, but ill have to prank her with the flowers in a vase sitting in her driveway.. since she put lemons in mine...

I was fussing and telling her not to drive back over for lemons.... she did anyway.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• It's been a while since I've been on the forums, but I got me a new phone last night and had ta try it out. Just happen to see this thread and I kinda felt a need to share. Emotions kinda overtake me sometimes.

Mother's Day has almost always been a day to try and remember to call mama before it got too late in the day because it has actually been overlooked before. This year, It will be different.
    I have four sisters scattered around the country,and for the first time that I can remember, we will all be together at the same time and place, at Mama's house, to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. The fun part is, She has no idea this is going to happen. That Saturday, stepdad is going to take her into town for a sit down dinner to which one by one her five children will stand and administer oxygen as needed. Lol. I even hired a photographer to snap some shots for us later that day.
    Mama is now rather old and has acquired a health issue that unfortunately means this may well be the last time we ever get to do this. I plan to enjoy every moment... and I hope the same joy for everyone of you also.
    Kendall.

• This is an odd year for me too. Like @SAINT SS, I lost my mother last May 1st. My wife ( @GH_Sidekick ) and I were mom's main caregivers. Losing her so close to Mother's Day last year (May 1st) I was still numb from it all. Our son is grown, and has a family of his own now. We have 4 grand kids, the youngest is 10. My mom was the last parent between my wife and I.

So I'm thinking flowers for Mom's grave, and treating my wife extra special on that day. She likes to have the kids over, so likely I'll fix much of the meal on the grill. If I could do anything for Mother's Day, I would pick one more time to sit with my mom and visit....

• I'm blessed that both my parents are living at age 85.
    Mom has been losing her memory for a few years now but can still tell jokes and enjoys family time.
    Myself and 8 siblings plan to be there Mother's Day to give her hugs, flowers and love. This may be the last year we will be lucky enough to have her around.
    My parents have always been my heroes and with 9 kids my mother is a saint!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Thats an awesome plan @OkieRider, would love to see a pic of your moms face (after she wipes her tears and blows her nose of course) when she has her babies together...

@Goats_Hogs
    My heart goes out to you. I understand. My dad passed Jan 31st, and I miss his voice, strength, and encouragement so much. My mother is still with me, Ive spent the last several months reeling in and out of deprssion... mothers day will be the easy one to celebrate. Hugs to you. <3