SlingShot Newbie from Indiana

• Got some bad news for ya, bub. In some states, the firearms carry licenses are linked to the license plates. And that I do know for a fact. MD got sued (and I believe NJ did too) for making traffic stops on out-of-state plates linked to private firearms ownership, and searching those vehicles looking for the guns.

Oh I know that. This is why I look up the laws prior to carrying into that state. If I get pulled over they better be sure they come up with a better reason than that.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• If my plate had a bar code on it I might be tempted to add a line or 2 or perhaps fill in between a line or 2 with a sharpie

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I shocked we don't have these plates in the People's Democratic Republic of Illinois!

You and me both...however, the registration costs in IL are way cheaper than IN. I'm sure if IL does go this route the plate costs are going to sky rocket....unless the sugary drink tax is able to offset it :/

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Shit what does Indiana plate renewal cost our is $114 ish. When you have several plates that hit in the same month it kinda sucks!

Yes it does!! My truck, my wife's suv, & the Sling were almost $1000. Indiana didn't get in the "black" fiscally by solely selling off the toll roads to private companies. I love the BMV excuse that at least you don't pay excise when you buy your gasoline. Some consolation I guess. NOT!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Shit what does Indiana plate renewal cost our is $114 ish. When you have several plates that hit in the same month it kinda sucks!

Man, I was complaining about having to pay $35 ea for our personalized plates. :whistling:

Indiana is based off of vehicle value...so needless to say it's a shit ton! I have my 2015 RAM, a 2014 Jeep, and a trailer...plus now the SS. My plates on the SS I think are about $230; with the $15 fee for Marine Corps plates :S

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Indiana is based off of vehicle value...so needless to say it's a shit ton! I have my 2015 RAM, a 2014 Jeep, and a trailer...plus now the SS. My plates on the SS I think are about $230; with the $15 fee for Marine Corps plates :S

Feel your pain!!! 16 GMC Canyon, 14 Cadillac SRX, & 16 Slingshot. $15 each for Colts, NRA, & Humane Society plates. Yeah I am a sucker!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• When I moved to AR from OK my Mom kept telling me I was going to pay a fortune in taxes compared to OK. Been here 35 years now. This year our Personal Property Tax is about $700. All four personalized tags cost $140 total. Our gas is kind of expensive, had to pay $2.80/gallon for premium today. All-in-all I can't really complain about it.

• When I moved to AR from OK my Mom kept telling me I was going to pay a fortune in taxes compared to OK. Been here 35 years now. This year our Personal Property Tax is about $700. All four personalized tags cost $140 total. Our gas is kind of expensive, had to pay $2.80/gallon for premium today. All-in-all I can't really complain about it.

are you sassing your mother son?

• Lot of talk that when I69 is finished from Bloomington to Indy that they will make all interstate roads around Indy "pay access" roads. This would include I465, I665, I65, I70, & I69!!! Of course the final 35 miles of I69 will probably take 20 more years the way it is going!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Arkansas does not use the scanner on plates, at least not yet. Joe blow repo man does not have access to our data base either. each state is different on how they do things and for me i do not like it. We do not link concealed hand gun license to plates either, they are linked with your drivers license.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Hahaha, that's why I don't drive in those states. And if I do, I drive a rental car. LOL

Jared, I'm not sure how deep it quickly goes, but the rented car is potentially useless for what you mentioned. We have a bridge in Indiana that became a toll bridge Jan 1st, this year. No collection booths, they just pick up your license plate and mail you the bill. My wife just went to Colorado this past weekend for a wedding. When she rented the car, she asked about the toll bridges that might be like the one in our state. The person at Enterprise told her that when they scan the plate, along with the date, they know who rented the car and will still send you the bill.

Big brother is watching. There is virtually no where you can be that someone can't listen in on your conversation. But just in case you need this info, I'll just leave this here....

• Jared, I'm not sure how deep it quickly goes, but the rented car is potentially useless for what you mentioned. We have a bridge in Indiana that became a toll bridge Jan 1st, this year. No collection booths, they just pick up your license plate and mail you the bill. My wife just went to Colorado this past weekend for a wedding. When she rented the car, she asked about the toll bridges that might be like the one in our state. The person at Enterprise told her that when they scan the plate, along with the date, they know who rented the car and will still send you the bill.

Brent, I was referring to the cops scanning your plate and knowing that you have a carry license. In VA, for example, the plates are linked to the carry licenses. (Ask me how I know, lol.) So, any state that has information reciprocity with VA, like, say MD, would have access to that info as well. So, you're driving up the highway, and a trooper scans your VA plate. It comes back to him, everything is good, except he sees that you have a concealed carry license in VA. So he gets a wild hair and pulls you over for 3 over the limit (because we all know you would never be truly speeding), and while he has you pulled over, he does an illegal search of your car looking for the guns he just *knows* you have. It has happened. There was a family from FL who went through that very thing on the side of the highway, in either MD or NJ, I forget (but who really gives a fuck, they're basically the same communist state), all because the plate was scanned and came back as a registered gun owner.

So, for that case, yeah, the rental car does very nicely. Now, if you're trying to avoid plate scanners and tracking at all, you get a car, non-rental (because most of them have GPS in them), preferably something older and common, and then you steal (or better yet, swap) plates from the exact same car somewhere, preferably the same color, preferably in the same state. Avoid personalized plates, and you'll be fine - most people without personalized plates don't know their own plates, so they're less likely to notice as long as the plates are on it, from the correct state. Then you travel away from the interstates, don't enter parking garages (many of which have cameras and/or plate scanners, especially at airports), leave your phone at home and work off a pre-paid cell from Walmart, and pay cash wherever you go. You'll be able to move a lot more freely.

I mean....that's what I heard. I think. :D:saint:

• Jared, I'm not sure how deep it quickly goes, but the rented car is potentially useless for what you mentioned. We have a bridge in Indiana that became a toll bridge Jan 1st, this year. No collection booths, they just pick up your license plate and mail you the bill. My wife just went to Colorado this past weekend for a wedding. When she rented the car, she asked about the toll bridges that might be like the one in our state. The person at Enterprise told her that when they scan the plate, along with the date, they know who rented the car and will still send you the bill.

Big brother is watching. There is virtually no where you can be that someone can't listen in on your conversation. But just in case you need this info, I'll just leave this here....

Very interesting......... It has been noted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Brent, I was referring to the cops scanning your plate and knowing that you have a carry license. In VA, for example, the plates are linked to the carry licenses. (Ask me how I know, lol.) So, any state that has information reciprocity with VA, like, say MD, would have access to that info as well. So, you're driving up the highway, and a trooper scans your VA plate. It comes back to him, everything is good, except he sees that you have a concealed carry license in VA. So he gets a wild hair and pulls you over for 3 over the limit (because we all know you would never be truly speeding), and while he has you pulled over, he does an illegal search of your car looking for the guns he just *knows* you have. It has happened. There was a family from FL who went through that very thing on the side of the highway, in either MD or NJ, I forget (but who really gives a fuck, they're basically the same communist state), all because the plate was scanned and came back as a registered gun owner.
    So, for that case, yeah, the rental car does very nicely. Now, if you're trying to avoid plate scanners and tracking at all, you get a car, non-rental (because most of them have GPS in them), preferably something older and common, and then you steal (or better yet, swap) plates from the exact same car somewhere, preferably the same color, preferably in the same state. Avoid personalized plates, and you'll be fine - most people without personalized plates don't know their own plates, so they're less likely to notice as long as the plates are on it, from the correct state. Then you travel away from the interstates, don't enter parking garages (many of which have cameras and/or plate scanners, especially at airports), leave your phone at home and work off a pre-paid cell from Walmart, and pay cash wherever you go. You'll be able to move a lot more freely.

I mean....that's what I heard. I think. :D:saint:

I'm with you on that Jared. I have 37 state CCW, and know how that can mess with you on a traffic stop. I have nothing to hide, and will start the conversation with the LEO with both hands on the wheel, stating that I have CCW, tell the location of the weapon(s) I have on my person, and ask them how they would like to proceed for both of our safety. So far, I've only been greeted well this way. I've had my plates on my truck stolen, and the officer I spoke to said that they were likely on someone's vehicle that wasn't even in their name.... a cash purchase that never got titled. Also hinted that the person likely was here as an illegal.

But what I was referring on the rental is this. If they can scan the plate, and know it's a rental, and they can find who to send the toll charge to, is it not likely that they have the ability to also see your driver's license at that time too? They know where to send the bill, likely they got that from the driver's license, and that is attached to the CCW. I would think that while it might put a layer to slow them, even in a rental car in another nanny state, I would bet they can still see the info with a little digging.