Who is running boosted set ups!

• I unloaded my SS and just made a quick run down the street and back. Just thought this would be a good place for some new turbo noises. It's a boring video except for being able to actually hear some actual turbo noises when it's spooling up. And I now have enough boost that I can get it to make that high pitch back pressure sound right before my blow off valve opens .

You can me roll into the gas and start hearing the nice turbine noise.

Your evil laugh is the best part
    Glad you and @Dave@DDMWorks got everything worked out so he knows exactly what to do with mine when I get there next week.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Your evil laugh is the best partGlad you and @Dave@DDMWorks got everything worked out so he knows exactly what to do with mine when I get there next week.

I have to say that he has perfected the setup that I have. I don't think that it could get much better..... He really spent a lot of time fabricating the air cleaner heat shields and air diverter. And if you noticed I now have a heat shied on the header to keep all those O2 and boost controller wires from getting so freaking hot.

I have my duty cycle to 26% on my boost controller and my gain up just a little. So now it really hammers you back in the seat and above 5000rpm it continues to build boost. The gain feature is the one that keeps boost from dropping up in the higher rpm.

I have to get my remote microphone mounted somewhere that will pick up all the sounds and not so much wind. It makes wonderful turbine noises now and it sounds like a proper turbo when you mash the gas. If it will stop raining today and dry up I will get it out and try to make a better video.

• Just a little side note about engines , boost reference and tune !
    We have several vendors that have risen from the valley of exploded cylinder walls to refine the process of building engines to handle our need to force air into the heads as fast as we can along with a refined tune . I'm constantly refining my tune ever so slightly along with airflow and with 4 pounds I'm starting out at 300hp .
    I often say that I will beat you with your tune to some that seem to like to ride the horse of shoving horsepower down our throats .
    People look at my back tire and go oh ok , I say haltech launch control anyone . Big or small , never judge a book by its cover and yes we have the 500hp monsters and I say yeehaw that is so awesome!
    Bottom line is we have these slingshots that have broken down barriers and brought so many of us together from many walks of life to share in our love .
    One day we can have a friendly 1/4 day or track day to see what our hard work and money has provided us.
    No disrespect intended toward any vendor so any of the SS family .
    For the record I still have my exploded block to remind me of my errors of the past !
    Turbo or SC , they both have pros and cons but as a experienced turbo guy with staff that have a history with turbos .
    If properly setup and tuned right , SC can't touch it .
    But for our needs as a daily driver and to have fun and play in the world 500hp or less .
    They both win , still got to have the tune right though .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Jamie @oneshot has hit the nail on the head about being able to tune these setups. It's all about tuning. If you can get the air and fuel and spark to happen at the perfect time under all engine load conditions you will have perfection. Being able to program your ECU to take advantage of the VVT is a tremendous help when squeezing power out of the ecotec. And being able to run the boost controllers with fail protection is my favorite part.

I was going to create a new thread about this but it fits here in this thread since we have changes the topic so much.

The other day I posted a picture of two new O2 sensors and didn't say what they were for. Well one of them was needed because my Innovate SGC-1 boost controller gauge started showing me running a bit to lean when I would do a long pull in 4th and 5th. And guess what!!! It did it's job and every time I would open my Slingshot up on long stretches of road it would start creeping from 10 to 11 on AFR and as soon as it hit 12.5 it would do a full cut on my boost and drop it from 16psi down to 2.9psi (My wastegate spring pressure).

If you study what is happening you would have thought it was running out of fuel. But lately I had noticed my Innovate gauge was taking much longer to start showing me a reading when I would crank my SS. So I pulled my O2 that is in my bypass exhaust (the one that only sees full boost conditions) and it was bad..... Because it only sees full boost it was covered in a black rich soot crust.. I am going to take a guess and say that it never gets to see normal driving and it never gets to have lean hot exhaust blowing by it. So it never gets to clean itself off.

Remember I have a 5psi exhaust flap that opens when I hit 5psi and the super rich exhaust bypasses my quiet muffler and dumps out straight. And that is where this o2 sensor is located. I have another wideband that is in my header. And it is the one that feeds data into my Haltech.

I went ahead and ordered both wideband sensors the other day because it is just a habit I have to make sure they are perfect.

As soon as I changed my soot covered wideband I was able to get a perfect reading and it will let me keep my foot buried in the gas again.

WHAT IF I DIDN'T HAVE THE FAIL PROTECTION.....

I can only assume it would have ended very badly.

So if it cost me $60 every 8 to 12 months for a new o2 sensor because of the way I have my gauge sensor located that will be just fine. Because it is running perfect and it has already showed me that it can protect itself....

• DUDE !!! Hand moisturizer for that thumb every 8 to 12 months :00008235::00008356:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I will post on this Saturday Aug 12th what boosted set up I have! Oh wow I can't wait. I'm super excited! And I know everyone else is excited as well! It's going to be an awesome day!

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube