Who uses an alarm on their slingshot.

• I got this info directly from optima...

Thank you for contacting Optima Customer Service. Under normal vehicle starting applications, most regular automatic lead acid battery chargers will properly charge an OPTIMA. However, since OPTIMA batteries are frequently used in high-performance applications or non-standard vehicle starting applications, there are certain instances that must be given special considerations.

An OPTIMA battery is an AGM battery, not a "gel" battery or regular flooded acid battery. A deeply discharged OPTIMA battery (less than 10.5V) will not test or recharge properly if treated as a regular flooded battery or gel battery. A handheld electronic battery tester will most likely provide inaccurate test results.

An OPTIMA battery has the benefit of very low internal resistance, which allows high amperage output as well as efficient charge acceptance. This benefit also allows an OPTIMA battery to run longer than its specified ratings and run to a lower voltage than typical flooded batteries. All of this can lead to confusion when it comes to recharging a deeply discharged OPTIMA. Most basic battery chargers have a built-in function to prevent charging a battery with less than 10.5 volts. If your OPTIMA is discharged below that, the battery charger may not start up.

For regular charging, we recommend 2 amps with a max of 10 amps, 13.8-15.0V. For float charging we recommend 1 amp max, 13.2-13.8v.
    Below are links to charging, storage and maintenance recommendations.
    optimabatteries.com/en-us/support/charging/charging-tips
    optimabatteries.com/en-us/supp…ge/optima-battery-storage

Thank you,
    Mary Jo
    Optima Customer Service
    There has been a submission of the form Contact Us through your concrete5 website.

• @Turbosling in your opinion how does Package A compare to the Polaris Security Alarm System by Slingshot from Scorpion? Polaris claims "With the compact and advanced technology of a Scorpio security system ... This fully adjustable security system allows you to choose your setting of sensitivity allowing piece of mind when you are away from your vehicle. The sophisticated system features two-way communication with a range of up to ½ mile. A hands-free LCD remote will alert you when someone is getting too close to your vehicle and also allow you to remotely immobilize the ignition system. An adjustable perimeter sensor detects motion and mass as it nears your vehicle and emits a three-stage series of warning chirps for would-be vandals or thieves."

Just trying to get a feel for what makes the most sense for our needs

• I had this one installed when I bought mine....the dealer recommends leaving the bike connected to a battery tender when parked overnight..they include a pigtail on every bike they sell.....second, the remotes need to be charged every night...

I like the remote it just takes getting used to because it's not like your grandmas burglar alarm the just has off and on and a battery that only needs changed every two years...

• I had this one installed when I bought mine....the dealer recommends leaving the bike connected to a battery tender when parked overnight..they include a pigtail on every bike they sell.....second, the remotes need to be charged every night...

I like the remote it just takes getting used to because it's not like your grandmas burglar alarm the just has off and on and a battery that only needs changed every two years...

Thanks. How do you like the proximity sensor? Definitely want to charge if on smaller battery. How difficult is it to immobilize the ignition if the alarm sounds?

• @Turbosling in your opinion how does Package A compare to the Polaris Security Alarm System by Slingshot from Scorpion? Polaris claims "With the compact and advanced technology of a Scorpio security system ... This fully adjustable security system allows you to choose your setting of sensitivity allowing piece of mind when you are away from your vehicle. The sophisticated system features two-way communication with a range of up to ½ mile. A hands-free LCD remote will alert you when someone is getting too close to your vehicle and also allow you to remotely immobilize the ignition system. An adjustable perimeter sensor detects motion and mass as it nears your vehicle and emits a three-stage series of warning chirps for would-be vandals or thieves."

Compustar is the best in the market as far as alrams and tracking imo and has great tech support with a lifetime warranty on the parts.

I don't have this system nor have it seen it but I had the previous model of compustar installed on my 911 and that has been going strong with no issues for almost 10 years, unlike the viper on my gf suv that has had pretty much everything replaced several times due to gremlins.

Compustar without a doubt is the best out of all the brands by direct electronics.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I'm not sure where package A is coming from...for $450 I have two full function remotes and all this....

Plus two chargers for the remotes.....I keep one in the bike and one in the house.

I have to go to college to learn all the functions...so far I have lock and unlock mastered...

• I'm not sure where package A is coming from...for $450 I have two full function remotes and all this....

Plus two chargers for the remotes.....I keep one in the bike and one in the house.

I have to go to college to learn all the functions...so far I have lock and unlock mastered...

I'm to OLD to go back to college so I can't get an alarm system....1/2 the time I get out and leave the key in and walk away from the Slingshot. Stealing a vechiel at my home, all got keys in the cup holder, so you just need to see which one has the fullest gas tank.

He is referring to the alarm packages offered by Alpha that are mentioned just a few posts before yours.
    You don't leave the remote in the Slingshot when you are away from it do you?

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• The Scorpio alarm doesn't have a shock sensor. So, it would be your 3 stage perimeter sensor.
    The kit comes with an accelerometer that can sense angle changes and large impacts. But, it won't pick up rain.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Had Alpha install an alarm here in Maggie Valley. So far it is working great. Perimeter settings are very accurate and adjustability is easy. I also now a fan of the drone system. It even reads temps and volts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• No.....your manual and fob show you have a shock trigger. Like I said it will only activate the accelerometer on a large bump. Not simple rain drops and your remote will show the "shock trigger" when a bump is causing the alarm. A shock sensor is different than an accelerometer.