Charging my cell phone with my truck.

• I have been at one of the offices I work for most of the morning. My battery went dead on my cell phone so I looked around for a charger and everyone was oblivious to what I needed. So I did the most obvious thing that come to my mind. I'll take it out to the truck and idle it for 30 minutes while it fast charges my phone. The thing I wanted to bring up by this post is this::::

What happened to frigging cigarette plugs that stay hot all the time. No matter if the truck is running or not!!!!!!

• And another thing.... the upfitter switches are cool and they have a wire under the dash and in the engine bay that corresponds to each one... But they don't work unless the truck is on...

AND the truck shut off every time I come to a stop till I made a jumper wire to kill that feature and wired it into my dash switch.

AND I can't let my truck idle for over 25 minutes or it still shuts off. You have to hit the OK button on the steering wheel...

And it's not just Ford. All the vehicles have this eco crap on them. I am completely capable of turning my truck off. And I'm completley capable of making sure I don't leave it running overnight...

• Bummer---usually there's at least one hot one somewhere in vehicle. Did it have to be running or will it provide power on accessory?

That's another thing that pisses me off... I have keyless start.. So to get the accessory position you just don't mash the brake and hit the the start button. That will turn everything on including the blower for the air conditioner. Basically it has no accessory position. It's just the same as if you turned your key to start a vehicle and it didn't start. It would be running the fan and all the other things in the truck. So unless I missed somthing there is no accessory position.

• That's another thing that pisses me off... I have keyless start.. So to get the accessory position you just don't mash the brake and hit the the start button. That will turn everything on including the blower for the air conditioner. Basically it has no accessory position. It's just the same as if you turned your key to start a vehicle and it didn't start. It would be running the fan and all the other things in the truck. So unless I missed somthing there is no accessory position.

I've got a Highlander with same deal BUT, if you hit the start button a 2nd time it goes to accessory position.

• Trucks with eco, blame the people that complain about gas mileage. I love it when people shopping for trucks are worried about their mileage per gallon. I'm in the car business. Your buying a truck who cares what your getting for miles. Now you spend 70k on a truck and have to worry about little quirks like this because people want the same mileage their getting out of their Ford Focus. I drive a 2016 Duramax I couldn't tell you what I get per gallon it doesn't matter it's a truck. I would be pretty annoyed though if my tuck had this eco option.

• Trucks with eco, blame the people that complain about gas mileage. I love it when people shopping for trucks are worried about their mileage per gallon. I'm in the car business. Your buying a truck who cares what your getting for miles. Now you spend 70k on a truck and have to worry about little quirks like this because people want the same mileage their getting out of their Ford Focus. I drive a 2016 Duramax I couldn't tell you what I get per gallon it doesn't matter it's a truck. I would be pretty annoyed though if my tuck had this eco option.

I feel ya.... here is my average over the last 7000 miles. I run the sh1t out of this raptor.

• Snip the power wire to one of your power ports & wire it into a circuit that's always hot - problem solved. I've done this on several vehicles...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I have been at one of the offices I work for most of the morning. My battery went dead on my cell phone so I looked around for a charger and everyone was oblivious to what I needed. So I did the most obvious thing that come to my mind. I'll take it out to the truck and idle it for 30 minutes while it fast charges my phone. The thing I wanted to bring up by this post is this::::

What happened to frigging cigarette plugs that stay hot all the time. No matter if the truck is running or not!!!!!!

I just got a new Ford Taurus, and yes I agree but mine has a cigarette lighter in the backseat area. WHY?? so Kids can smoke :D

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• AND the truck shut off every time I come to a stop till I made a jumper wire to kill that feature and wired it into my dash switch.

Does the F150 have a small secondary AGM battery tucked under the cowl that powers the accessories when the engine shuts off like the Ford designed system in Range Rovers ?

If so you just disconnect or remove the secondary battery and it will never go into start/stop mode 'cause the ECU thinks the small battery is bad ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......