• On my 2015 I got 16,901 on rear tire...it was time to change so just bought a
    2016 --- well I got a 2016 for other reasons --- it was about time for a new tire.
    I just put new tires on the 2016 --- had a damaged rear and was getting ready
    for several long weekend trips so changed all three to Nitto 555 and now have put 2500 miles on then in 3 weeks so far great.

Ej, how do the Nitto's compare to the stock tires, ride, handling, etc.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• 16,000 miles was just about to the wear bar. I was going back to Maggie Valley and did not want to take a chance in the wet so I put on a BFG. I could probably get another 4,000 miles out of it. I saved it for a spare, just in case there was none inGeorgetown.

I went with the BFG G force Comp 2 Summer version - great tires but with the turbo and my lead foot I estimate 3K on the rear. Fronts will most likely out last the bike

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Ej, how do the Nitto's compare to the stock tires, ride, handling, etc.

The ride is definitely a little smoother, broke them in on a weekend ride to South Carolina 8 - 11 Apr 2016 a little over 1800+ miles in cold, warm, and 200 miles of rain,
    All seamed to handle well. The rain, I slowed down some coming north on I75 and
    than I74. Some of the guys here seem to really like them and these are guys I learned
    to respect there thoughts on a variety of topics. They do lots of research.

Only had 7000 miles on the 2016 when I changed the tires --- had a damaged rear tire that needed to be changed so I bite the bullet and got three Nitto's. the trip to SC and than to SSITS thought the matched set would be best.

• I'm not a super aggressive rider

My rear tire lasted 9K miles. I replaced with Michelin 34K mileage warranty (cut to 17K since on a bike). It was slippery as hell and only lasted for 6K miles. Replaced it yesterday at 15K mileage with a BFG tire with good tread & 4 deep rain grooves For $115. It sticks to the road & should perform well in the rain & at Maggie valley. Dealer Wants $350 installed, for the OEM rear!!! :S

• My rear tire lasted 9K miles. I replaced with Michelin 34K mileage warranty (cut to 17K since on a bike). It was slippery as hell and only lasted for 6K miles. Replaced it yesterday at 15K mileage with a BFG tire with good tread & 4 deep rain grooves For $115. It sticks to the road & should perform well in the rain & at Maggie valley. Dealer Wants $350 installed, for the OEM rear!!! :S

Which BFG tire did you use? Did you stay with the stock 255-35-20?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().

• My rear tire lasted 9K miles. I replaced with Michelin 34K mileage warranty (cut to 17K since on a bike). It was slippery as hell and only lasted for 6K miles. Replaced it yesterday at 15K mileage with a BFG tire with good tread & 4 deep rain grooves For $115. It sticks to the road & should perform well in the rain & at Maggie valley. Dealer Wants $350 installed, for the OEM rear!!! :S

I looked at the General G-Max AS-03 the other day and I liked what it looked like. Rated wet 8.6 dry 8.8 $133 for 255/35-20 The BFG G-Force Comp.-2AS is rated at the same site Wet 9.3 Dry 9.5 and also has a 275 which will mount on the 9 inch rim also the 285 which will mount on a 9.5 inch rim I do not think either one will fit with a fender.

• I will more than likely go with a summer tire when I replace. I have ridden 1 time in the rain and never "intend" to let that happen again. Literally if it is even a chance of rain, the sling stays in its house.

I'm looking for a comfortable ride and good traction only. Probably go with the upgraded shocks as well.

:)
    Come on over to the "Go" side, brother...the mods never stop... :evil:

btw...I'm smoking BBQ today, if you're out cruising around...

Supporter H&P Animal Alliance