• We all know that the stock tires that Polaris decided to put on a 25K machine are below average. Like many others, I am modding a little at a time as extra money permits. Everyone has a different priority list on mods. I'm not a super aggressive rider, so tires fall low on my priority list. I'm about to roll up on 5K miles. The tires are showing wear but don't look bad. I'm gonna try and make it this year with them. For those who stuck with stock tires, what mileage did you get out of them before they needed replaced?

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• We all know that the stock tires that Polaris decided to put on a 25K machine are below average. Like many others, I am modding a little at a time as extra money permits. Everyone has a different priority list on mods. I'm not a super aggressive rider, so tires fall low on my priority list. I'm about to roll up on 5K miles. The tires are showing wear but don't look bad. I'm gonna try and make it this year with them. For those who stuck with stock tires, what mileage did you get out of them before they needed replaced?

16,000 miles was just about to the wear bar. I was going back to Maggie Valley and did not want to take a chance in the wet so I put on a BFG. I could probably get another 4,000 miles out of it. I saved it for a spare, just in case there was none inGeorgetown.

• That makes me feel better. I should be able to make it through this season. All my extra money is going into one hell of a sound system for it right now.

• over 7k on the fronts and still a lot of tread. should reach the same mileage as others if I don't swap out sooner.
    If your not an overly aggressive driver I would recommend a good all season (GOOD IN THE RAIN) tire. Should help when the time comes.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• over 7k on the fronts and still a lot of tread. should reach the same mileage as others if I don't swap out sooner.
    If your not an overly aggressive driver I would recommend a good all season (GOOD IN THE RAIN) tire. Should help when the time comes.

Is all season more a matter of temps rather than an All Season being better in rain than a summer compound? I'm considering the BFG G-Sport comp 2 vs the BFG G-Sport comp 2 A/S. Which would be better on warm, (live in FL) wet roads?

• all-season is typically associated with how the rubber holds up in temperatures and has little to do with weather. There are all-season tires that perform well in the rain and some that are poop in the rain.

• I just found this on the Bridgestone site which pretty much answered my question.

"Dimensional characteristics (such as the tire’s width, aspect ratio, and rim diameter), speed capability, and other design features make summer tires more suitable and capable for increased performance in wet and dry conditions on high-performance, sports-oriented vehicles. Surprising to some, summer tires provide better performance in wet driving conditions, thanks to unique tread patterns that help evacuate water and resist hydroplaning.
    When it comes to winter driving, all-season tires may be more suitable than summer tires, given their blend of summer and winter performance capabilities, but we recommend considering making the switch to winter tires to get optimal traction and performance in extreme winter conditions."

• all-season is typically associated with how the rubber holds up in temperatures and has little to do with weather. There are all-season tires that perform well in the rain and some that are poop in the rain.

True, sorry. need to be more clear.(NOTE TIRES are for tread design reference only. Not recommending any of the tires and don't even know if they make the sizes for the SS other than the Nitto's) smile-squared
    Many have complained about hydroplaning with a performance summer rated tire. You want to look for a good wet weather performance tire if you are in a warmer year round climate.

Here are some examples.
    All weather - dry, rain, light snow and slush. Compound is important as well as a lot of sipping
    Continental Extremecontact DWS shows what a tread pattern will look like for this type of tire. (Not as cool looking but functional)

A good wet weather performance tire might be something like this. still a good bit of sipping but more heavy grooves to expel water faster.
    Dunlop Fierce Instinct

I good solid summer performance tire with a soft compound looks like this. Less sipping fewer grooves and channels and a lot of rubber meeting the road.
    Nitto 555's

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I will more than likely go with a summer tire when I replace. I have ridden 1 time in the rain and never "intend" to let that happen again. Literally if it is even a chance of rain, the sling stays in its house.

I'm looking for a comfortable ride and good traction only. Probably go with the upgraded shocks as well.

• Pretty much depends how one wants to ride. Since Feb 2015 living in Northern
    Indiana I have put 27,000+ miles on my Slingshot. Some times you just need to get home --- I ride and only trailered to Florida in Jan 2016 for a 3 wk vacation.
    Weekend of 8 -- 11 Apr 2016 I rode to South Carolina 710+ miles for a weekend visit. Coming home had 350 miles of nice, 200 miles of cold rain, and final 150 miles of dry and cold. Did need to do a good cleaning but I just love to ride so just clean.

• it's funny- cold and a chance of rain- I almost never saw two-wheelers on the roads this winter. Now that it has warmed up, and mostly dried out- they are all coming out of hibernation! Our hills are only green during rainy season, and a few short weeks afterwards- The scenery has been spectacular this year! Even taking the same backroads- everything is different, week to week. Once the grass all browns out- well- that's it for change until fall.

• On my 2015 I got 16,901 on rear tire...it was time to change so just bought a
    2016 --- well I got a 2016 for other reasons --- it was about time for a new tire.
    I just put new tires on the 2016 --- had a damaged rear and was getting ready
    for several long weekend trips so changed all three to Nitto 555 and now have put 2500 miles on then in 3 weeks so far great.