Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• The First Amendment does cut both ways, except you are still comparing a flag to a building that provides religious services just because you don't like the religion. I understand your argument, but the comparison is absurd. And yes, you can wave that flag proudly if you want (even though I've had people ask me if they were going to be safe with you as they have a preconceived notion of you based on what the flag has historically represented).
    I am not saying that it isn't censorship to remove the stars and bars from sales, but do you really believe it to be on the same scale as a mosque? And if we were going to argue it, where in the first amendment does it spell out you have the right to wave a flag with no religious/national recognition/etc once it is being used to represent a form of hate and incitement? Pretty sure A mosque is covered by that pesky "freedom of religion" clause.

If you want to compare stuff, keep it simple. Why can I still buy an ISIS flag but not a Confederate flag?

Pretty sure A mosque is covered by that pesky "freedom of religion" and used to represent a form of hate and incitement. OK so what is next? If I thought that the Confederate Flag did mean all of that then I might could agree with you. How many Confederate Flags are there? I do not know right off the top of my head. But I do have 8 and spent $600 on the flag pole and I fly a different one each week, Thank You

• Pretty sure A mosque is covered by that pesky "freedom of religion" and used to represent a form of hate and incitement. OK so what is next? If I thought that the Confederate Flag did mean all of that then I might could agree with you. How many Confederate Flags are there? I do not know right off the top of my head. But I do have 8 and spent $600 on the flag pole and I fly a different one each week, Thank You

Okay, I'll bite. When exactly has a mosque been used by a crowd to incite? When has the picture of a mosque been used as a rallying cry or used in a hateful manner except by those trying to prevent its construction?

I really don't care what flag you fly (I prefer the freak flag myself), just don't compare a flag with a building. Again, compare it with another flag that could be legitimately argued..... Like, oh, wait, an ISIS flag.

• The First Amendment does cut both ways, except you are still comparing a flag to a building that provides religious services just because you don't like the religion. I understand your argument, but the comparison is absurd. And yes, you can wave that flag proudly if you want (even though I've had people ask me if they were going to be safe with you as they have a preconceived notion of you based on what the flag has historically represented).
    I am not saying that it isn't censorship to remove the stars and bars from sales, but do you really believe it to be on the same scale as a mosque? And if we were going to argue it, where in the first amendment does it spell out you have the right to wave a flag with no religious/national recognition/etc once it is being used to represent a form of hate and incitement? Pretty sure A mosque is covered by that pesky "freedom of religion" clause.

If you want to compare stuff, keep it simple. Why can I still buy an ISIS flag but not a Confederate flag?

OK - here we go - you know I can’t walk away from a good debate. The Confederate Flag was created to represent a group of states that wanted to sucede from the Union because Abraham Lincoln wanted to free the slaves as the South was becoming too powerful. Now we can all armchair quarterback here. We all know how despicable slavery was but that was a way of life for those folks and that is what they were fighting for - their way of life Even though they were on the wrong side of history there were many honorable men that fought and died to preserve that way of life - many of those being ancestors of mine and many others. Now for the Muslim side - all are peaceful, kind, people save and except a small segment that are violent radicals that reject that religion for a harsh version where if you don’t believe what they do you should die. That being said, in years to come, I feel certain that they will be on the wrong side of history also. Are there radicalized people that are good people that are just trying to preserve their way of life but are just acting on what they have been taught since childhood - im sure there is. I know the meme I posted was absolutely absurd but it highlights a growing trend. If a person, group, whatever does not like something for whatever reason it must be eradicated. The Confederate Flag has nothing to do with than maniac Dylann Roofe when he walked in and murdered all those poor folks. He had a Confederate Flag in his possession - THAT FLAG IS BAD - let’s get rid of them. Muslims attack us and want to kill us because we are Infidels - THAT RELIGION IS BAD - let’s get rid of them. Although absurd this makes my point. If the NFL can take a knee for what they believe then I can fly my Confederate Flag for what I believe - and NO - it is really FUCKED UP - you can buy ISIS Flags a lot of places but Confederate Flag in only a select few now. Just because I have a Confederate Flag avatar and fly one at my home does not mean I support slavery no more than being a Muslim makes you a jihadist.

PS. I have some extra Confederate Flags I bought when they first started trying to ban em - be glad to send ya one :D:P

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• With all this flag discussion, and me being from the North, I would just like to offer this educated observation to this this debate.
    So, with that being said, I believe that.....................
    Heather's avatar is wicked HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :00008172::00000441::00000436:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Bill...., Thanks for setting issues straight! All to often in history us Northerners were fed a one sided story. You know, when the Calvelry won it was a victory. But when the Indians won...., we got Massacred!!!!!!
    I guess it falls on the History Educators we had and the Libtards force feeding us. And as the Song Goes, And The Best Goes On!
    My hat is off to you Sir!

• OH CRAP !! A terrorist ran a car into some folks in NYC and killed several .... WE MUST PASS MORE CAR REGULATION - they are a dangerous weapon ;(:00008172:

@Bill Martin it was a rental truck so we need 7 days to clear a person before they can rent a vehicle

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @Bill Martin it was a rental truck so we need 7 days to clear a person before they can rent a vehicle

It’s all Home Depot’s fault - they didn’t perform a proper background check before renting the truck - also outlaw BB guns and paintball guns ;(

Seriously- thoughts and prayers to those killed families and those hurt by this animal. This guy needs to be put at the front of the line for the needle !!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• It’s all Home Depot’s fault - they didn’t perform a proper background check before renting the truck - also outlaw BB guns and paintball guns ;(
    Seriously- thoughts and prayers to those killed families and those hurt by this animal. This guy needs to be put at the front of the line for the needle !!!!

NO! He needs to suffer until he die's of pain.

• Welcome to the new normal in America. This attack will fade quickly as there are no guns or white supremacist to blame. Only a depraved ideology that no one wants to talk about.

When will we stop calling these animals “Lone Wolves?” Wolves are symbols of nobility and pride. These cowards don’t measure up to the excrement of Wolves...and for those among us who believe these animals are misunderstood...Please take an extra moment to thank God your child or love one came home today....because some in NYC did not.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• This thread is so far right that arguing with anyone will have you arguing with many (I think I am closer to center/right), but with that said lets get into the topic of the bars & stripes.
    This flag original south flag for slavery has been adopted by the KKK and has now adopted a negative connotation. Many try and argue that just because the racism involved with the flag doesn't make the flag itself bad would on 1 hand be correct, but on the other hand are not looking at it from an outside or opposite race perspective. The flag only gained popularity because of t.v. shows (Dukes of Hazards) , but in all reality the KKK uses the flag as a representation of hatred & therefore cancels out most of your "freedom of hatred" you can call it what ever amendment you want, its still hatred arguments.
    A Mosque is a place of worship, granted a place of worship by Muslims in which has been the largest cause of terrorism in recent history. So to argue against the Muslim religion seems as though its a logical one, but if you use common sense you'll realize not ALL Muslims are terrorist. If you compare their place of worship to a flag is like comparing an apple to an orange. @sideseatdriver tried to point out with all ignoring it, was compare flag to flag as its more logical. I mean i'd love to compare those crazy Christians that were protesting military funerals to those crazy Muslims that are blowing up people (and themselves), but its not really apples to apples as those nut case Christians aren't technically harming anyone, but it doesn't make them less crazy. Just compare an apple to an apple & an orange to an orange is all that should be done. :P

• @ericastar76 I was surprised to not see the Ballards in place to prevent a vehicle from driving down the bike path.

Agree we cannot compare mosque to flag, but I think Bill was really trying to make that exact point. We are destroying and changing our history based on one sided views.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...