Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• No, I wouldn’t. I would prefer that he spoke in complete sentences, and not in garbled thoughts. I truly believe he does what he does for attention. Calling Biden out loud a stupid son of a bitch serves no purpose other than to bolster an ego in my opinion, even though Biden is that. I don’t know anything sugarcoated or focus groups, but I would like some cognitive thought into what is being said, rather than bouncing all over the place with no real thought in mind. At least that’s how I perceive him.

to me, the fact that so many people are jumping up to defend him, tells me he is only doing that for his ego. Four if he spoke what he truly felt and not what he thinks people want to hear to get riled up, he would not need the defense. That’s just my opinion.

From your comments, what I believe you were actually saying, not what you wrote ... he could be quoting Shakespear in the Kings English and you would find fault because you find his presentation offensive. Strange that you see an opinion other than yours as "defense" and to do so is in some way wrong, but that's just how I perceive your artfully chosen words and draped veils... between the lines.

Or not .... I respect all opinions as long as they are honest and genuine and in no way feel the need for others to agree with me and are far to disinterested to waste my time trying to convince anyone.

.......angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Honestly, I do not find his presentation offensive, I find it boring. To me he could not quote Shakespear because he would need to interject some correlation to himself in that presentation as well. I have said it before and I still say it, he was a lousy president the first time and I believe he would be a lousy president the second time. Again, that is my belief.

Examples: Claim: he created the best economy in the world... actually the US has been the number one economy for some time.

Claim: Zero inflation... actually inflation during his term was around 2%.

Claim: stopped all illegals from crossing the border, actually during his term it was lower but still had around 400,000 a year.

Claim: Andrew Jackson was persecuted just like they are persecuting Trump, actually he was persecuted for being a crony. Depending on who's history one reads President Jackson's wife had TB and did not die of a broken heart.

Goofy things like spending 5 or more minutes complaining about the teleprompters and how he should not have to pay for them. Saying he will just speak without the prompters then later again saying I cannot read the teleprompters.... Believe me, grandpa (Biden) can only speak with the teleprompters...

Claim: No Ukrainian and Israel conflicts if he were president... pure speculation.. again bolstering an enormous ego...

Claim: The Jan 6th protesters are patriots.. I guess we all have opinions about that... No reason to go on....

I should have been more clear with the defense word... I meant it to mean there should not need to be what do they call them now, "explainers" to decipher what he says (not that they don't do that for others as well) for me. I listened to his whole "speech" and to me it was rambling with a few contextual points being made several times. I heard what he said regarding the bloodbath and initially was having fun with it but truly understood its meaning. The one statement I didn't understand was the part about if he is not elected we will never have another election.... didn't get that..

I also respect all opinions and certainly do not want to try to have anyone agree with me... Just like expressing my view.. I like that for the most part this is a sensible, respectful conversation. As I said, just my opinion... and we all know the saying about opinions.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• billythekidd — interested to hear your thoughts since this is in your backyard…..

https://www.foxnews.com/media/…ome-based-find-iphone-app

I am a staunch supporter of qualified immunity for police officers as it allows LEO to do their job without fear of being sued for anything anybody “feels” they did wrong. THIS, however, is beyond the pale. If your new law in CO goes after this type of police activity I am all for it as from what I read in this article. These officers CLEARLY crossed the line and should be held accountable. My fear is that in the wake of this $4 mil judgement there will be dollar signs in every criminal’s eyes resulting in officer’s being tied up in frivolous lawsuits or even worse - just quitting. Hitting a happy medium here would seem to be the key - but as we all know happy medium is no longer a viable choice in government from the city all the way to federal levels!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• billythekidd — interested to hear your thoughts since this is in your backyard…..

https://www.foxnews.com/media/…ome-based-find-iphone-app

I am a staunch supporter of qualified immunity for police officers as it allows LEO to do their job without fear of being sued for anything anybody “feels” they did wrong. THIS, however, is beyond the pale. If your new law in CO goes after this type of police activity I am all for it as from what I read in this article. These officers CLEARLY crossed the line and should be held accountable. My fear is that in the wake of this $4 mil judgement there will be dollar signs in every criminal’s eyes resulting in officer’s being tied up in frivolous lawsuits or even worse - just quitting. Hitting a happy medium here would seem to be the key - but as we all know happy medium is no longer a viable choice in government from the city all the way to federal levels!!

From what I understand of this case the police did not have cause to enter her home... based only on the Find my phone app which only displays an area of where the phone may be not a specific location. You are absolutely correct in that they overstepped.. do I think the award like many others is too much... probably...

In regards to the law you spoke of, I do not have the fox app and cannot see what the law is. Colorado has become a bastion of liberalism.. with the current governor trying to out do Newsom as the most liberal of the bunch.. If you could please provide the Colorado bill number so I can look it up. The only one I could find was the law that went into effect in 2020 after GF... that says individual police officers that removes qualified immunity ban and would charge an officer that is found guilty the first 25,000$ of a judgement with the rest still being paid by the individual department or the state... They have had a bunch of officers throughout the state quit... and I really do not blame them for quitting. I believe to comply and show respect would avoid most of these types of incidents. In the case of this 73 or 78 year old and another one which was even more distressing.. something does need to be done. Colorado police accused of injuring elderly woman with dementia during arrest (nbcnews.com)

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Yup! It’s the guns fault! Has absolutely nothing to do with the person who is holding it.

I went upstairs and asked my Glock 17 what it’s been up to lately, and it said absolutely nothing, and it had no desire to do anything other than what I asked. Go figure.

must be a Chicago thing…..

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Yup! It’s the guns fault! Has absolutely nothing to do with the person who is holding it.

I went upstairs and asked my Glock 17 what it’s been up to lately, and it said absolutely nothing, and it had no desire to do anything other than what I asked. Go figure.

must be a Chicago thing…..

https://www.nbcchicago.com/new…-to-machine-guns/3387221/

Why didn’t you know that Glocks are now transformers. They can magically transform from a legally bought semi automatic to a fully automatic without any criminal modification by the owner. Chicago - a novel thought - why don’t you start putting gun criminals in jail - and don’t have a revolving cell door. But noooooo - let’s sue the gun manufacturers and try to bankrupt them same as they are doing to Trump!!

• https://www.foxnews.com/politi…-car-sales-to-be-electric

A really good reason for there to be age limits for government - when your most likely gonna be dead before an order is enacted - UR PROLLY TO OLD !! Takes the government 20 years to build a road - think there will be sufficient amounts of charging stations and upgrades to the power grid by 2030 ??? JOE GOTTA GO !!

A really good reason for there to be age limits for government - when your most likely gonna be dead before an order is enacted - UR PROLLY TO OLD !! Takes the government 20 years to build a road - think there will be sufficient amounts of charging stations and upgrades to the power grid by 2030 ??? JOE GOTTA GO !!

hell we have 59 solar panels on our roof, haven't paid an electric bill in over 7 years, but they dont produce enough extra for some electric car, last thing I need to do is add a home charger for an electric vehicle so that I can go back to paying electric bills for whatever the car uses

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• not that I have enough income for it to matter as an old retired person, but look at what California is doing:

https://www.foxla.com/news/cal…ectric-bills-january-2024

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

This is a small section of an apartment complex just erected and now in use. There's about six of these units placed into and old outdoor mall. Basically a city stuffed into a parking lot. I can walk to it from my house. It's the trend in my area. My question to the boneheads. HOW THE HELL ARE ELECTRIC VEHICLES GOING TO GET CHARGED IN THIS ENVIROMENT? Let alone the city where people get shot taking a public parking in front of someone's house?

If electric vehicles work for you and you like them, fine. I'm still open to a small electric vehicle as a second source of transport. To forcibly impose this on the public sounds like fascism to me. Strange, Trump wants choice.

• This is a small section of an apartment complex just erected and now in use. There's about six of these units placed into and old outdoor mall. Basically a city stuffed into a parking lot. I can walk to it from my house. It's the trend in my area. My question to the boneheads. HOW THE HELL ARE ELECTRIC VEHICLES GOING TO GET CHARGED IN THIS ENVIROMENT? Let alone the city where people get shot taking a public parking in front of someone's house?

If electric vehicles work for you and you like them, fine. I'm still open to a small electric vehicle as a second source of transport. To forcibly impose this on the public sounds like fascism to me. Strange, Trump wants choice.

Looks like the start of your closest 15 minute city.

https://www.15minutecity.com/

https://www.weforum.org/agenda…5-minute-city-stickiness/

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Exactly! Within the complex are eateries, insurance companies, Dunkin doughnuts, emergency health care, swiming pools, exercise facility, child care, walking track even an enclosed dog park and many others. some of the complexes have the lower floors reserved for commercial business. Soon most people will never own personal property. Just rent.

• Exactly! Within the complex are eateries, insurance companies, Dunkin doughnuts, emergency health care, swiming pools, exercise facility, child care, walking track even an enclosed dog park and many others. some of the complexes have the lower floors reserved for commercial business. Soon most people will never own personal property. Just rent.

Da Comrade ....... da...

.......newpolitician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......