Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Supreme Court say NO to Colardo so Dems in Congress
    Democrats announce bill to kick Trump off the ballot (msn.com)

The Democrats are in panic mode their dead horse may not be able to cross the finish line in November. For the party that is always crying “we are saving “our” democracy” they are doing everything they can to not have a fair election. They could be allowing the genie out of the bottle leading the way to the biggest swing of the pendulum back to the right in US history - or at least Imma keep telling myself that until Nov 5….or whenever they finish counting all the votes!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Supreme Court say NO to Colardo so Dems in Congress
    Democrats announce bill to kick Trump off the ballot (msn.com)

stupid! seriously with a republican majority in a house with a Republican Speaker do they actually think this thing would ever stand a chance? - - - just another time to waste time and not do the work they were elected to do

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• There was a time when we could believe what people said and honesty was a virtue... that needs to get back on track as well..

When Reagan told the American people that we were only giving light man portable anti tank weapons to Saddam Hussain to fight Iran I was on the tarmac making sure nobody was taking pictures of cargo planes being loaded with Humvee mounted TOW systems and Dragon wire guided missiles with thermal sights. FYI this old stock was turned in to IED's that they used against us 20 years later. Then when Papa Bush went on TV and told the populous no US troops would be sent to aid the Panamanian government during the attempted coup I was sitting on a rooftop in Panama City. Can't talk about more recent events yet.

So exactly what time are you wanting to get back to......

.....ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• In September of 2005, on the first day of school, Martha Cothren, a History teacher at Valley Heights High School in Port Rowan, Ontario , did something not to be forgotten. On the first day of school, with the permission of the school superintendent, the principal and the building supervisor, she removed all of the desks in her classroom. When the first period kids entered the room they discovered that there were no desks. 'Ms. Cothren, where are our desks?'

She replied, 'You can't have a desk until you tell me how you earn the right to sit at a desk.'

They thought, 'Well, maybe it's our grades.' 'No,' she said.

'Maybe it's our behaviour.' She told them, 'No, it's not even your behaviour.'

And so, they came and went, the first period, second period, third period. Still no desks in the classroom. Kids called their parents to tell them what was happening and by early afternoon television news crews had started gathering at the school to report about this crazy teacher who had taken all the desks out of her room.

The final period of the day came and as the puzzled students found seats on the floor of the desk-less classroom. Martha Cothren said, 'Throughout the day no one has been able to tell me just what he or she has done to earn the right to sit at the desks that are ordinarily found in this classroom. Now I am going to tell you.'

At this point, Martha Cothren went over to the door of her classroom and opened it. Twenty-seven (27) Veterans, all in uniform, walked into that classroom, each one carrying a school desk. The Vets began placing the school desks in rows, and then they would walk over and stand alongside the wall. By the time the last soldier had set the final desk in place those kids started to understand, perhaps for the first time in their lives, just how the right to sit at those desks had been earned.

Martha said, 'You didn't earn the right to sit at these desks. These heroes did it for you. They placed the desks here for you. They went halfway around the world, giving up their education and interrupting their careers and families so you could have the freedom you have. Now, it's up to you to sit in them. It is your responsibility to learn, to be good students, to be good citizens. They paid the price so that you could have the freedom to get an education. Don't ever forget it.'

By the way, this is a true story. And this teacher was awarded Veterans of Foreign Wars Teacher of the Year in 2006. She is the daughter of a WWII POW.

Do you think this is worth passing along so others won't forget either, that the freedoms we have in this great country were earned by our Veterans?

I did.

Let us always remember the men and women of our military and the rights they have won for us.

• When Reagan told the American people that we were only giving light man portable anti tank weapons to Saddam Hussain to fight Iran I was on the tarmac making sure nobody was taking pictures of cargo planes being loaded with Humvee mounted TOW systems and Dragon wire guided missiles with thermal sights. FYI this old stock was turned in to IED's that they used against us 20 years later. Then when Papa Bush went on TV and told the populous no US troops would be sent to aid the Panamanian government during the attempted coup I was sitting on a rooftop in Panama City. Can't talk about more recent events yet.

So exactly what time are you wanting to get back to......

.....ninja-squared

You are talking about government lies... They have always been there. I am talking about basic honesty... it is sorely missed. In Nam we were not fighting communists...it was a war about money.. just like most of the things our country has gotten involved in since WWII... even though most of what the govt. said was to defeat communism and keep democracy alive. "Kill a commie for Christ".... translated into "It don't mean nothing"...

I believe saying that if you are rich enough they let you grab their pussy, and then saying but I didn't.... is like Clinton saying I didn't inhale.... Just lies.

Honesty is never going to come from a government... but things like the Stormy Daniels, E. Jean Carrol. the Clarence Thomas debacle, Clinton, "I did not have sex with that woman", (just as an example) shows clearly that honesty is lacking. Just basic individual honesty and responsibility. As was stated, I also do not care who gets screwed or is screwing... but do deny what happened instead of telling the truth... that is my point... When a person says, I screwed up, and I did that ... I have much more respect for that honesty than the person who tries to lie their way out of it. That is what I would like to see more of or as you put it get back to... it should be part of the MAGA movement since that is about getting back to things... but it is not.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Edited once, last by billythekidd ().

• ....... but do deny what happened instead of telling the truth... that is my point... When a person says, I screwed up, and I did that ... I have much more respect for that honesty than the person who tries to lie their way out of it.

This assumes that the person is in fact guilty of the act they have been accused and not just effective campaigns to bias public opinion. Many of which originate with some in Government lying to you. How many things that were called "lies" recently have in fact been shown to be true and how many things we were told were irrefutable truths turned out to be lies. Maybe some things you have been convinced someone had to have done are on that list.

.......angel-squared

• This assumes that the person is in fact guilty of the act they have been accused and not just effective campaigns to bias public opinion. Many of which originate with some in Government lying to you. How many things that were called "lies" recently have in fact been shown to be true and how many things we were told were irrefutable truths turned out to be lies. Maybe some things you have been convinced someone had to have done are on that list.

.......angel-squared

They could be.. most things that are perpetrated by the government I do not even listen to.. I was told the Bill Cosby did some things too.. what to believe as he professed his innocence...The jury didn't believe him. I have been told lots of things by the government and by the media... some were true, most were lies to try and influence thought.

The presumption of innocence is always my first thought.. I edited my other post with this thought.. To say on tape, (yes it could have been faked, but was not denied) that if one is rich and a star you can do whatever you want, grab pussy and such... but then say but I didn't..... as Clinton put it... have sex with that woman... Is just like when Clinton said he didn't inhale... just lies..

If it comes from and undisclosed source, I rarely put any merit into a story... I guess at some point, when there have been lots of "less than true or accurate" statements made by a person I have trouble believing them until it is proven one way or another. It is kind of like the little boy who cried wolf... Just my thought.. Do I personally believe he hit that... hell yes.. If that was offered there are very few who would say no thanks... Do I believe Clinton inhaled... come on.. it was the 70's of course he inhaled...Do I care about the incidents, no... just care that they were not forthcoming about it. Unlike most today, I do not believe lying is acceptable.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• for the first time in my life in this election I actually voted Blue

Dodger blue that is - Steve Garvey - - - although I would have voted for a dead dog over Adam Schiff - - really dont like that guy!

• well, if everyone just wanted honesty then everyone would be voting for Trump - - unfortunately it is his blunt honesty that makes a huge number of people hate him - many people dont want to hear the truth, they would rather hear what ever makes them feel good about themselves.

the word politician and Honesty should never be used in the same sentence.

• the word politician and Honesty should never be used in the same sentence.

and as we all know Trump is no politician - - another reason why the true politicians dont like him, unlike them he doesnt need to sell himself to get the money required to run for higher office.. just a hard core business man that will say whatever he thinks needs to be said without worrying about hurting someones feelings.

only a fool would think Trump is a "politician" - he might be playing their game, but that doesnt make him one of them

• and as we all know Trump is no politician - - another reason why the true politicians dont like him, unlike them he doesnt need to sell himself to get the money required to run for higher office.. just a hard core business man that will say whatever he thinks needs to be said without worrying about hurting someones feelings.

only a fool would think Trump is a "politician" - he might be playing their game, but that doesnt make him one of them

as someone that has held a high position in a politically voted election, as POTUS. He is a politician also. Yes he is a businessman, but most definitely a politician too.

• It’s official - Michelle Obama is not going to ride up on her big white horse (can I say that or is it racist??) and save the Democrat Party. They are stuck with Biden or the dark horse (can I say that or is it racist??) Kamala Harris. If the Republicans can’t beat these two idiots the country is screwed..

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Who really rules the country now?

Where are most laws made?

Most laws are not made in Congress.

Most laws are made in the administrative agencies at the federal and state level.

A lot of people aren't aware of that.

This is where we need to make the changes.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• ....... politician-squared

• It’s official - Michelle Obama is not going to ride up on her big white horse (can I say that or is it racist??) and save the Democrat Party. They are stuck with Biden or the dark horse (can I say that or is it racist??) Kamala Harris. If the Republicans can’t beat these two idiots the country is screwed..

Her office made the statement, it didn't come directly from her. Not that anyone would lie to us for political gain or nuth'n ........

......... bored-squared