Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Golly, and some folks here get uppity about me calling evil, EVIL. It is what it is, not up to me. They do what they do and if we notice, somehow we are the “bad” folks.

I am of the opinion that we are overrun with folks in government that think they are “do gooders” but are oblivious of the fact that they do not have the foresight to know their “do gooding” is evil for the future of this country!!! Whether it be youth, naïveté or even dementia it must be stopped by whatever means necessary.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I just read where Gavin Newsome signed a bill raising fast food worker pay to $22 hr. I wonder if for $22hr they can get your burger right in the drive thru?? :00008359: SoCal & Edward Neal - you ready for your Big Mac to be $15 ??

So many consequences. What about the person currently making $20. Wasn't this seen as racist just a short time ago as it would drive up prices eliminating low-income families ability to make purchases? Many including myself depend on income from the stock market. It's already a total mess. This is like running of a cliff.

• I just read where Gavin Newsome signed a bill raising fast food worker pay to $22 hr. I wonder if for $22hr they can get your burger right in the drive thru?? :00008359: SoCal & Edward Neal - you ready for your Big Mac to be $15 ??

I heard about that bill, but I didnt know shit head had signed it - - oh well

as a side note did you know L.A. county is going to give $1,000 a month universal income to a bunch of people? And also many of us in the State should be getting "inflation relief" checks from the state

Yep, California loves its liberal handouts and this shit is spreading well outside of California - - - - coming to a city near you if you aint careful

L.A. County launches universal income

Inflation Relief Checks

On the bright side, California doesn't take income taxes from my Social Security so at least I won't be funding much if any of this crazy shit :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Watched an interview with the Ukrainian President. Look like he's willing to be at war with Russia as long as it takes. Actually as long as we're willing to pay for it. I'd really like to see how much of the money is making it's was back to DC.

• The left always thinks all will just get in line…

Valuable entry level jobs are going to disappear- then what??

yep - - this is where it going to go - - low wage fast food jobs won't become high paid jobs, they are going to become non jobs

The left seems to think employers will just suck up the losses - - they won't, they are not stupid, they will simply find new and lower cost options like automation - - and then all of the out of work former fast food workers can hope they qualify for universal hand out income

its pure bull shit

• signed, but the $22/hr is not guaranteed. “Could” raise to $22/hr next year. This is how rumours are started😂😂

• yep - - this is where it going to go - - low wage fast food jobs won't become high paid jobs, they are going to become non jobs

The left seems to think employers will just suck up the losses - - they won't, they are not stupid, they will simply find new and lower cost options like automation - - and then all of the out of work former fast food workers can hope they qualify for universal hand out income

its pure bull shit

do you have the same problem as us, with no one wanting to work? Many employers is looking for workers. Since covid handouts, everyone want big bucks to do menial low paying jobs. This automation, while untested, doesn't take anyones job if no one is applying. The entrepreneurs are finding ways around the labour shortage.

• signed, but the $22/hr is not guaranteed. “Could” raise to $22/hr next year. This is how rumours are started😂😂

does it matter if it’s $22 or $19? The fact is they are trying to turn what should be minimum wage entry level jobs for high school kids into jobs that can support a family. This type of burger flipping job was never intended to be a profession and all they are going to do is make the employers either replace these workers with automation or make the price of fast food so high people making $19 or $22 can’t afford it. You can’t raise the bottom wage without pushing up everything above it and the dollars may change for those at the bottom but what those dollars will buy will stay the same. It’s simple math wages go up, price of goods and services go up and the poor are still poor

and the people it hurts the most are the elderly on fixed incomes who’s income does not get the same Large increase - in the end this helps almost nobody and hurts huge numbers. They are fooling themselves thinking they are helping people when in reality they are more likely to be hurting people

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• does it matter if it’s $22 or $19? The fact is they are trying to turn what should be minimum wage entry level jobs for high school kids into jobs that can support a family. This type of burger flipping job was never intended to be a profession and all they are going to do is make the employers either replace these workers with automation or make the price of fast food so high people making $19 or $22 can’t afford it. You can’t raise the bottom wage without pushing up everything above it and the dollars may change for those at the bottom but what those dollars will buy will stay the same. It’s simple math wages go up, price of goods and services go up and the poor are still poor

agree, they make $15 now, a 30% bump in wages is huge.
    Employers here were offering more just to get workers, now they are locked in to higher prices. Cost of doing business increases, cost to public purchasing increases. Going to be a mess in the near future.