Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• You were mentioning that Russia is profiting greatly from the rise in Oil prices... What my link points out is that the US is the number one oil producer in the world (and also the largest consumer) so who is really profiting from the rise in prices?

I actually think that Donald did some good, and as I said earlier some bad, just like every other president. The folks who make him out as the GOAT of presidents are deluded.

Believe me, the new guy is worse by far....

If you are repeating Biden's excuse (4th?) for high gas prices then why did they wait until the day Biden took over? Trump being a business man, would be more sympathetic for price gouging.

Unless collectively all oil execs loathe pedophiles; so they want Biden to look inept, it doesn't make much sense.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see Trump as the GOAT, wasn't a fan of the COVID policies.

• If you are repeating Biden's excuse (4th?) for high gas prices then why did they wait until the day Biden took over?

Once again the answer as to why petroleum products prices went up just after Joe took office is very simple and easily "fact checked" .........

On January 27, 2021 Joe Biden signed several anti oil executive orders masked as climate change orders. These orders are enforced via the following actions:

• Drillers now have to complete massive new "climate impact statements" (which replaced the older environmental impact statements) that will take years, instead of months, to get approved if that is even possible.
    • Biden's Natural Resources Greens have even pulled drilling permits that were issued BEFORE he took office retroactively to force those drillers to comply with the new rules, which did not exist when their permits were issued and have just been finalized over a year later.
    • The Biden Greens are requiring drillers to use, within these new permits, costs for the climate change impact per barrel of oil that are massively inflated. The climate-science approved, peer reviewed financial impact number in use for years has been $7 bbl of oil produced. This has been replaced with a $54 bbl (imagine the inflationary impact on a single barrel of oil selling for $90 bbl) surcharge for the climate damage of that oil. This new number is NOT peer reviewed and supporters are only those who have encouraged the complete outlawing of fossil fuels. A fake mission with a fake number is not an exaggeration.
    • The Biden Greens have increased the federal share of drillers' royalties from 12% of the first revenue dollar and beyond, to 18% of the first revenue dollar and beyond, a 50% increase in the cost of acquiring and drilling on offshore leases. This is NOT a tax on profits, but a tax on every dollar of revenue produced by the oil flowing upon that lease.
    • The SEC and the Federal Reserve, along with nationwide activist shareholder groups and major universities reserve fund managers have announced they will intensively scrutinize and require massive reporting from any organization that lends money or provides capital to any fossil fuel extraction plays. This will entail immediate audits of all their OTHER businesses and the ensuing paperwork is leading lender after lender to walk away from very profitable petroleum plays as oil maintains $100 bbl or higher. This means no capital for drilling or production, even on approved leases.

.......... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Lol not even a need for that. We can go back to the debates when Joe literally said he was gonna end fracking and the oil industry. Well the only campaign promise Joe's team has fulfilled is indeed advance towards destroying the oil industry and in the process, the country itself.

• Lol not even a need for that. We can go back to the debates when Joe literally said he was gonna end fracking and the oil industry. Well the only campaign promise Joe's team has fulfilled is indeed advance towards destroying the oil industry and in the process, the country itself.

Better to provide skeptics hard, verifiable, irrefutable facts than just campaign rhetoric. Then watch them stutter and stammer as they babble like children then give the eventual "but Trump" rebuttal ........

............ angel-squared

• https://www.foxnews.com/us/ten…jail-bringing-gun-country

Does anyone else find it ironic that if you innocently carry a firearm going south you get thrown in jail - with no bail - but ANYTHING heading north is almost welcomed with open arms ?? How long will it be before we suffer at the hands of terrorists infiltrating our southern border ?? Sooner rather than later I’ll bet !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Does anyone else find it ironic that if you innocently carry a firearm going south you get thrown in jail - with no bail - but ANYTHING heading north is almost welcomed with open arms ?? How long will it be before we suffer at the hands of terrorists infiltrating our southern border ?? Sooner rather than later I’ll bet !!

It's a weak link that will surely be exploited if not already just waiting to happen. Imagine what we don't know! It could be greatly mitigated if we simply put a controlled process in place. No one has ever said no immigration. Can't turn it back after the fact. Most likely these numbers are much higher as this article has numbers a few months back.

https://www.gop.gov/42-suspect…-since-biden-took-office/

No such thing as innocently packing your gun in your suitcase. Law enforcement officials should know better than to carry their guns out of the country without knowing the rules of where they are going. Same thing would have happened it he tried to get into Canada with it. It was a bonehead move on his part.

• No such thing as innocently packing your gun in your suitcase. Law enforcement officials should know better than to carry their guns out of the country without knowing the rules of where they are going. Same thing would have happened it he tried to get into Canada with it. It was a bonehead move on his part.

Someone once told me that the general assumption that people make is thinking all police are gun people and ingrained into gun culture. To some it's probably just a tool.

• No such thing as innocently packing your gun in your suitcase. Law enforcement officials should know better than to carry their guns out of the country without knowing the rules of where they are going. Same thing would have happened it he tried to get into Canada with it. It was a bonehead move on his part.

He should have been warned when he boarded the flight IMO. You completely missed my point - the draconian gun laws in Mexico strictly enforced (I don’t even think you can get arrested in Canada for just possessing a shotgun shell or bullet like you can Mexico) and all the illegal weapons the cartel is bringing across the border with no intervention by Mexican authorities plus this administration’s utter failure in enforcing the law !! I agree it was a dumb move - if you are going to visit another country you better follow their laws - everywhere except here !!

• Wow, I wonder if there would be any point at which any of the no-one-is-illegal crowd would come to the conclusion that a safe, secure and controlled process across the border would be a necessity for the security of the United States? If it wasn't getting through no one would accept the risk. Imagine what has made its way undetected!

https://apnews.com/article/pho…6fd371737521c627d1c7befd2

Cops: 500,000 fentanyl pills seized in Arizona traffic stop

Over a two-month period in Arizona late last year, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration working with Arizona law enforcement agencies made seizures of more than 3 million fentanyl pills, 45 kilograms (99 pounds) of fentanyl powder and 35 firearms. Forty people were arrested.

• Someone once told me that the general assumption that people make is thinking all police are gun people and ingrained into gun culture. To some it's probably just a tool.

definitely not thinking that way. But new officer packing his weapon to go on vacation in another country is pretty stupid.

If I am not mistaken, one of the members here posted they were ex law enforcement and don’t even own a gun.

• He should have been warned when he boarded the flight IMO. You completely missed my point - the draconian gun laws in Mexico strictly enforced (I don’t even think you can get arrested in Canada for just possessing a shotgun shell or bullet like you can Mexico) and all the illegal weapons the cartel is bringing across the border with no intervention by Mexican authorities plus this administration’s utter failure in enforcing the law !! I agree it was a dumb move - if you are going to visit another country you better follow their laws - everywhere except here !!

correct, missed your point. No idea what Mexico laws re guns and ammo are. Hard to control the cartel stuff as they likely own the people that are allowing the smuggling. On the US and Mexico side.

• correct, missed your point. No idea what Mexico laws re guns and ammo are. Hard to control the cartel stuff as they likely own the people that are allowing the smuggling. On the US and Mexico side.

FYI….

It is against the law to enter Mexico with any firearm or ammunition unless the bearer has a permit from Mexico's defense ministry. It is also illegal to keep and carry a gun on your person or vehicle at any time within Mexican territory.

and yes the Mexican government is corrupt and unable to confront the cartels - especially since our President is making them more rich and powerful than many countries!!

• My hope is, and I know it's a long shot. If Trump runs, he totally drops any reference to previous elections. Focus solely on his accomplishments, inflation, crime, drugs, boarder control, world conditions, his vision for America & America first. If he can do that, I don't think he could lose.

President Trump delivered the keynote address at today's America First Policy Summit in DC. Spoke for 90 minutes on policy, safety, social issues, (he started riffing about half way in and cracking jokes) with just a passing mention of the 2020 election. Pretty good look at what it will be like if he does decide to run.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?…a-policy-institute-summit (starts 58 minutes in)

............ winning.JPG