Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Agree - I made a crapload in the last 2008 recession. Being 14 years younger and much more aggressive financially figuring if I lost I could still work and make it back. Fast forward to now - as I’m retired I could try my luck again and wind up being the richest man in the graveyard or squander my grandkids inheritance. At this point I lean a lot more toward moving toward tax free municipal bonds and other safe havens until this Biden storm passes !!

We have pretty much decided to liquidate everything, go on a debaucherous tear cris-crossing the nation, and try to time it so all that is left on the day we don't wake up is enough for a gallon of gas and a match for a viking funeral. Given current trends about a grand should cover it.

If we time it wrong .....

..........millionaire-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The Supreme Court looks like it may overturn Roe vs Wade and the libtards are already going off the deep end. This is gonna be fun to watch 😂😂

From an "outsider", this is a stupid idea. This is all based on religious beliefs, but unfortunately it becomes political in nature.

As a side not thinging outside of the box.

If this is overturned, do you think it will have a strain on the system when it comes to unplanned pregnancies? It's not like the ones getting pregnant are going to say, "hey I can't have an abortion, I don't think I am going to get pregnant".

PS - We allow abortions up here in Canada BTW. Its not a left or right thing, its a religious thing.

Religion and politics together make it even worse

And before the religious zealots jump on me, (which I would expect nothing less, if you are here) you have no idea of my religious beliefs, or lack of.

Peace out.

(It's dead in here since I have been golfing and not posting)

• The Supreme Court looks like it may overturn Roe vs Wade and the libtards are already going off the deep end. This is gonna be fun to watch 😂😂

I know everyone has very strong feelings about this for and against.... I just don't understand why we need to tell people what to do with themselves. It would be a much better world if I let you be you and you let me be me.... as it were.

Just my opinion... I am not for Roe vs Wade or against it... Everyone seems to talk about Freedom... but there is really no such thing in America.

No, I am not a liberal, or a conservative just believe that all this a much to do about nothing but one's religious beliefs.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I think a lot of folks are under the false impression that the overturn of Roe vs Wade means abortion will be outlawed. It does not !! All it does is return the power of individual states to decide for or against abortion in that state. If you live in a liberal state nothing will change - if you live in a conservative state you may have to drive to a liberal state for the procedure. This just corrects a Supreme Court mistake made 50 years ago !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• .I think a lot of folks are under the false impression that the overturn of Roe vs Wade means abortion will be outlawed. It does not !! All it does is return the power of individual states to decide for or against abortion in that state. If you live in a liberal state nothing will change - if you live in a conservative state you may have to drive to a liberal state for the procedure. This just corrects a Supreme Court mistake made 50 years ago !!

Totally understand that it doesn’t outlaw abortion But Individual state should not be able outlaw abortion either. It all comes down to religious beliefs. Should not be political in anyway. People can make up their own mind On what’s right for them

• I think a lot of folks are under the false impression that the overturn of Roe vs Wade means abortion will be outlawed. It does not !! All it does is return the power of individual states to decide for or against abortion in that state. If you live in a liberal state nothing will change - if you live in a conservative state you may have to drive to a liberal state for the procedure. This just corrects a Supreme Court mistake made 50 years ago !!

Also this just may be a ploy for democrats to shore up their base. They have done such an impressively spectacular job screwing up the country that they need a hail mary not to be absolutely obliterated in November. It seems they are not confident in their vote fraud apparatus.

• From an "outsider", this is a stupid idea. This is all based on religious beliefs, but unfortunately it becomes political in nature.

Wrong ..... it's a Constitutional law thing.

Our Constitution clearly and without equivocation states that anything not codified within the four corners of the document are to be decided by elected officials at the state level, That is the very basis of the US form of Government. RVW was a political not legal decision and was wrong from the start. Our SC decides legality per our Constitution, it does not set law.

If true this simply returns the decision to the peoples representatives. If the people don't like the decision their representatives make they elect new ones and change it. That is the way our system works, period.

But Individual state should not be able outlaw abortion either.

Per the laws of our Constitutional Republic yes, yes they should. As a country we have largely lost sight of (or been destracted from) the fact that the people are sovereign in the US, not the Government. That the states created the Federal Government not the other way around. And that Federalism is the rule, not the exception. So I wouldn't expect an outsider to understand. What any other country does matters not.

.......... politician-squared

• Also this just may be a ploy for democrats to shore up their base.

If that was the true goal then they misfired.

If they would have just let the decision come out as usual it would have been released late June/early July. Much closer to the midterms and had a greater possible effect.

With the current short attention span of the US voter if it wasn't a hail Mary to try and push leftist legislation before they lose control then IMO it was a mistake.

........... nerd-squared

• Totally understand that it doesn’t outlaw abortion But Individual state should not be able outlaw abortion either. It all comes down to religious beliefs. Should not be political in anyway. People can make up their own mind On what’s right for them

SOOOO - you are saying the Federal Government should be able to tell a government in Florida they should abide the same rules as folks in California ?? This is the whole basis of the Democratic process. You elect folks from your state to make laws applicable to that particular state. If the majority does not support abortion then do away with it and vise versa. I think you are somewhat shortsighted to imply it is only for religious reasons - many people are really appalled by infanticide. IMO with all the contraceptives available all the way up to the morning after pill - abortion should be reduced to instances of rape and to save the mother. Abortion is NOT for birth control !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• As a preface to what I am about to type you should know I am a Christian. Not a zealot by any means, but my personal relationship with God is a very big part of my life.

Anyway I believe abortion is a very personal issue. There are times when I believe it can be medically necessary. There are times when I believe it can even be the morally correct thing to do - - - I do NOT believe it should ever be used simply as a method of birth control.

We are dealing with multiple lives here, the life of the woman, and another life inside her with its own heart beat and its own DNA - - these two lives are very intertwined yet also separate - - - - - - in dealing with the idea of terminating one of these lives we are dealing with what I think is probably one of the biggest morality issues any person could ever face - - to my point of view it would be right up there with making the choice to pull the plug on the life support system of a loved one - - a choice I pray I never have to make..

These are my views - - - and I fully understand that very good people on every possible side of this issue can and will have very different views.

What I don't like and what I don't want is my government being involved in dictating morality. just because I might think something is morally wrong does not mean I want my government to force that view on others. Only God has the knowledge needed to truly judge these things.

I dont like government dictating where the fruits of my labor should be spent and I dont want my government dictating my morality

Personally I think this is one of the biggest problems with our current political system - we have allowed a system to develop where it is run by two major parties each of which wants to have a huge amount of control over the everyday lives of their "subjects". And then we join one of these "parties" based on what control we are most willing to give up

A - We willing vote for people we think will give us greater control of our wallets knowing full well that these same people want greater control of our morality

B - We willing vote for people we think will give us greater control of our morality knowing full well that these same people want greater control of our wallets

And to keep us in line we are told that if we vote for anyone not in A or B we are throwing our vote away

When we give government power they always want more power and when you let the government control something today that you agree with you can pretty much be guaranteed that next they will be trying to take control of something you don't agree with.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• True some of it is religious... but not all... This is an interesting read... I was surprised that the Catholics in America are almost 50/50 on abortion.... https://www.pewresearch.org/fa…-their-views-of-abortion/

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• True some of it is religious... but not all... This is an interesting read... I was surprised that the Catholics in America are almost 50/50 on abortion.... https://www.pewresearch.org/fa…-their-views-of-abortion/

Then there is the growing population practicing Islam and the relatively large and growing Sikh population in the US and Canada.

Their religions teachings are very clear which is surprising given their traditional voting record directly conflicts.

........... nerd-squared

• Imagine what would happen if the law was that you could have the abortion, but sterilization was mandatory for both the male and the female.

We are on the brink of mapping so many human genomes that it is quite likely we will soon be able to identify traits that cause many things. Say we identify a genetic trait that predisposed someone to be gay, transgender, or any of the LBGTEIEIO letters. Would the radical left who demands the ability to end a pregnancy for any reason and even after birth be OK with using that as a reason.

........ angel-squared

• I just don't believe it is ok for a doctor to kill a baby. If the same doctor were to shoot the mother and also kill the baby wouldn't the doctor be charged with two murders ?

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Totally understand that it doesn’t outlaw abortion But Individual state should not be able outlaw abortion either. It all comes down to religious beliefs. Should not be political in anyway. People can make up their own mind On what’s right for them

You claim to be a centrist but you are actually pretty leftist. Abortion is not about religion at its core, its straight up murder with the justification that is women that suffer. Do you think biologically we were meant to have abortions as mammals? Murder is murder it has nothing to do with relogion. If i have to explain why thats murder maybe you should go back to basic biology classes.