Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I really think that other countries that have thoughts on taking over America have that fearful thought in the back of their minds of; any other countries main defense is their military might, once that’s in check, no one else cans stand against them.
    Here we Have A Multitude of Armed Veterans, our Citizens, Minute Men and Woman as a line of last defenders.
    Long Live American Freedom❣️🇺🇸

• I really think that other countries that have thoughts on taking over America have that fearful thought in the back of their minds of; any other countries main defense is their military might, once that’s in check, no one else cans stand against them.
    Here we Have A Multitude of Armed Veterans, our Citizens, Minute Men and Woman as a line of last defenders.

Agree. The right to keep and bear arms.

• Anybody recall how much coverage was given to Russia collusion before any evidence was presented?

Here's the thing with the Durham probe.....

In my book it crosses way over the line of Treason. Unfortunately, no matter how much fact they get, nothing will stick to any of the big names associated with this act.

So they'll indict of couple of no names who will plead a deal, maybe serve a little time only to appease the right. Nothing, nothing at all will stick to the Clinton's.

They can get away with more than one murder, and bangin' countless 13 years olds on some assholes island. So this is a walk in the park for them.

Probably laughable as well.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Here's the thing with the Durham probe.....

In my book it crosses way over the line of Treason. Unfortunately, no matter how much fact they get, nothing will stick to any of the big names associated with this act.

So they'll indict of couple of no names who will plead a deal, maybe serve a little time only to appease the right. Nothing, nothing at all will stick to the Clinton's.

They can get away with more than one murder, and bangin' countless 13 years olds on some assholes island. So this is a walk in the park for them.

Probably laughable as well.

If the Republicans take the House and Senate in November there may be a slight chance some of the big names are prosecuted IF the Reps balls don’t shrivel again. Hillary - never be prosecuted - she has dirt on both sides of the aisle and they know she will bring em all down with her!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

........... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• My guess is right now Putin is forcing Ukraine to remain on a high state of alert and remain vigilant. Keeping the stress level as high as possible. At the same time, he is telling his troops to relax and get as much rest as possible.

• Its a rather interesting thing - - here in the U.S. we are very fortunate to only share borders with two countries and both of those countries are militarily aligned with us which gives us a great deal of perceived security compared other countries that share their land borders with many more countries that often times may not be politically/militarily aligned with them.

Being that age that I am I remember how the U.S. totally freaked out when Cuba was basically becoming a military base for Russia - - the thought of "the enemy" being that close to our doorstep was deemed totally unacceptable and put us on the brink of war - people in the neighborhood where I lived were constructing concrete bomb shelters in their yards in the fear that Russian nukes from Cuba could be launched at a moments notice.

Remembering this, and the tension that went along with the idea of "the enemy' being that close I find that I can understand why Russia might feel a similar level of anxiety at the idea of a NATO aligned country, along with the military and bases that might go along with that, sitting right on their door step

I think it is interesting how we, the U.S., often seem surprised when other countries do the same things or react the same way as we have historically - - its like when we do it we think its totally normal and acceptable, but when "they" do it we act shocked like its some kind of horrible unacceptable thing

Seriously - - think about it - - your some small country and you want weapons comparable to what the U.S. has, and what do we do, we threaten, and we impose sanctions and might even intervene militarily telling you - NO! - you can't have what we have! - - I have to imagine that to much of the population of this world we must look like incredible hypocrites.

so anyway to my point - I can understand why Putin wants the Ukraine to be more aligned with Russia and not aligned with NATO - just like we didn't want Cuba militarily aligned with Russia - - its totally understandable

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I agree. Putin is doing what he is supposed to do. Just like we wouldnt and shouldnt allow Canada or Mexico to carry Chinese military weapons or install bases either then neither should Russia allow that in their backyard.

• I agree it would not be a good thing if NATO established a base in Ukraine. Nor would we like it if they were to establish a presence in Mexico or Canada. But at this point Ukraine is nowhere near becoming a member of NATO and even if this were to happen it doesn't guarantee a NATO base will ever be established there. I tend to think any NATO nation would understand the degree of volatility it would pose placing a NATO Base there. My opinion is twofold. Russia is worried Ukraine will begin to prosper in relationships with western countries. That in itself would be a threat to the Russian form of government causing unrest. Russia wants to expand, possibly gaining more area for warm weather naval ports that are better capable of performing operations year round? Not necessarily military but for year-round use.

At this point Ukraine is doing nothing to provoke an attack. It's simply trying to survive and prosper as an independent country. It should have every right to do so without fear of being attacked. Nor is NATO doing anything remotely near the extent to cause a lethal full-scale attack.

The Russian Quest for Warm Water Ports (globalsecurity.org)

• Where are the Canadian members in this forum? What are your thoughts on this situation?

Typical media.... just report the news... no one gives a crap if the commentator thinks he needs a hair cut....

Also... no one threatened to take away pets... the official statement was:

If you are unable to care for your animal as a result of enforcement actions, your animal will placed into protective care for 8 days, at your cost. After 8 days, if arrangements are not made, your animal will be considered relinquished. pic.twitter.com/OkbXc8RE3c

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Typical media.... just report the news... no one gives a crap if the commentator thinks he needs a hair cut....

Also... no one threatened to take away pets... the official statement was:

If you are unable to care for your animal as a result of enforcement actions, your animal will placed into protective care for 8 days, at your cost. After 8 days, if arrangements are not made, your animal will be considered relinquished. pic.twitter.com/OkbXc8RE3c

According to Fox News If the dog/cat is not picked up they will be termanated

• Also... no one threatened to take away pets... the official statement was:

Didn't watch more than a few seconds of the video, just going on what you posted and some articles I read.

First it's Jesse Watters, his is not a news show. It is an opinion and entertainment program based on current events. Snarky comments are part of his shtick.

If they arrest you then logic follows that you are not able to care for your animal and it will taken. From what I have read those arrested will be held without bail until a hearing is scheduled which would be more than 8 days. If they are allowing you to have someone else pay to have your pet released to someone other than yourself then great, however I have not seen that mentioned as an option. Otherwise your pet will be euthanized. Quite simply they are using pets as leverage. Some may be willing to give up their truck, licence, livelihood, but they are banking that the life of their pet is a line they won't cross.

.......... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Just like in the US, if a pet enters the "system" the have a greater than 60 percent chance of being euthanized.

I don't watch TV news (which is mostly entertainment anyway) so I guess when it says Fox News I should have just considered it entertainment like the rest of the media.

Nowhere does it say one cannot have another pick up the pet... Nowhere does it say they will take you pet or child, but as with most things now it says "may"... Since it is just opinion/entertainment... hopefully they do not start doing that to kids too....:)

Anyway. I do believe that Canada's government has over reacted, but I live here... we have enough problems here to think about...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Just remember Anti-Autocracy does not mean Anti-Vax. Its time to stop allowing the left to call anyone that opposes Tyranny and government overreach "Nazi" or "Anti-Vax". It is the people who decide when enough is enough, and Canada is obviously fed up.