Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I'm in CO as well... unvaxed but mostly cause I know we had covid run through our house and like to think my body learned something from it. Anyway... 900 hospitalized and 680 unvaxed means 220 or 24% still got covid when vaxed. When in my age group, body weight, etc... I have over a 95% chance of surviving and making natural antibodies why would i want that? The flu shot sucks, but think it's even more effective than that. Stop ignoring natural immunity, prescriptions and pills that aren't bought and paid for politically, and maybe I'd have a more open mind. When you only give attention to what makes money off this and I can see that... something is up that's bigger than covid.

Again... not saying anyone should get the jab... just pointing out that the numbers do not match the article mentioned...

As for the Flu shot on average.. Even though the flu vaccine doesn't protect against all strains of the flu, it's still recommended for everyone over the age of 6 months. The flu vaccine is typically about 40% to 60% effective, and it's hard to predict if the current flu vaccines will be a good match for the strains going around. So statistically with the flu shot is is a 50/50 roll.. so using those number here in Colorado we have about 5million people... and if everyone got a flu shot 2.5 million could still get the flu.

Yet lots of people get that flu shot yearly without any thought... and proudly walk around saying I got my flu shot. I got a flu shot a long time back and was lucky enough to get GBS (cannot be proven of course) from the shot.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• And yet, I walk around proudly saying "I have NEVER taken a flu shot, And I have not gotten a case of the flu that required more than OTC meds to beat".

nd I also walk around saying "I WILL NOT get the Covid shot, and have not caught it in 2 years, have not endured any side effects of the shot, and still go out to eat, shop, and do whatever the hell I want to do.

So who is right?

I am right... to me. Because as the Dems USED to say..... MY BODY, MY CHOICE.

So FJB and Let's go BRANDON!!!!

• Well the Navy forced us to get the Flu shot every year. They always seamed to give it on a Friday before a long weekend. I always got sick from it so lost one long weekend a year. I retired in 86 and haven't taken the shot since. Have never gotten the Flu but after posting this I probably will get it this year. I had my three shot and kind of wish I hadn't gotten them. I really don't think they know all they think they know about this virus and the vaccine.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• The problem with all of this is that people are letting politics impact their view on the vaccine - - listening to sources with a political agenda, listening to "doctors" with a political agenda, and worse of all listening to people who have absolutely zero knowledge of your own medical history or your own personal situation.

In my opinion the ONLY source you should be listening to on the subject of if you should or should not get a vaccine, any vaccine, should be the medical professionals who you have been trusting in the past with your personal healthcare those who have personally treated you and know every single thing about your medical history.

if you decide on getting vaccinated or not vaccinated and that decision is even the slightest little bit influenced by politics then you are as brain dead as Joe Biden

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Well I listened to my family so that is why I took the shots. They seam to want to keep me around for a while. I am not so sure the vaccine has a lot to do with politics it is a world wide thing. I to believe the virus had a lot to do with Trump loosing.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I find it interesting that you declare you won't get the vaccine that Donald Trump made possible and then say "lets go Brandon"

might make since if it were Biden who was responsible for the vaccine, but its a 100% fact that the Pfizer vaccine was only made possible by Donald Trumps "operation warp speed"

if you think the vaccine is bad or poison or something shouldn't you be blaming Trump????

Seriously Biden had nothing to do with the creation of the Pfizer vaccine - hell they were already using it before he even took office

look at the facts, look at the funding & look at the timeline - - and if you hate the vaccine then blame the Trump administration and if like me you believe it has saved potentially millions of lives across the world then be thankful that Donald Trump made it possible

As to Biden - - I agree "lets go Brandon" for trying to take credit for something you had nothing to do with!!!

• Well I listened to my family so that is why I took the shots. They seam to want to keep me around for a while. I am not so sure the vaccine has a lot to do with politics it is a world wide thing. I to believe the virus had a lot to do with Trump loosing.

my wife and I got vaccinated primarily to protect our family members and especially our youngest granddaughter who has a history of asthma and horrible breathing issues whenever she gets sick - - - also got my vaccine directly from my health provider at their offices - - these are the people I trust and who know my history

Never really worried much about covid killing me, I am old and if God decides its my time then its my time, but aside from that I can't even imagine the horror of bringing covid home and losing a family member as a result - - - HELL NO!!!!

but heck if others choose differently that's their right, I just really pray they dont base their choice on politics, F what politicians say, F what the media says, talk to your doctor, if you have questions. far better to trust them than some political hack with an agenda

Oh, I would also ask that when people do decide that they keep those around them in mind, its not just your own health that could be impacted, remember there are people who for health reasons can't get vaccinated so please be considerate and take whatever precautions you can to avoid unintentionally hurting someone else

JMO

• It took me over 35 years and some ruff times to save enough for retirement. I'll be offering up some of that money as taxes will be going up so I can pay for illegal Immigrants and their comfortable retirement. In the country of their own choice! What a fool I am.

Biden admin may pay millions to migrant families separated at border under Trump (nbcnews.com)

"The talks are part of negotiations between the Justice Department and lawyers representing the separated families in a number of tort cases that have claimed the families experienced harm when they were forcibly separated."

"The payments under negotiation would go to the parents and children whether they are in the U.S. or Central America. Some lawyers worry the large influx of cash may make them targets for gangs in Central American countries."

• and in the end Republican or Democrat it really doesn't matter, both parties want to spend huge amounts of our money on things we would never approve of if we were actually given the choice, both parties want "Big Government" the only difference is what parts they want to use your money for - - When the Republicans say they are "fiscally Conservative" they do not mean they want to be conservative and spend less money, they just mean they want to spend as much of your money as they can get on things that they think benefit them and not the other party - - democrats are actually a bit more honest about it, they dont pretend they want to save your money they tell you right up front they want as much as they can get - - - in the end though that's what both sides want - every tax dollar they can get for their causes

only "Political Party" that exists that is truly fiscally conservative and actually wants the smallest government possible is the Leberterian Party

• and in the end Republican or Democrat it really doesn't matter, both parties want to spend huge amounts of our money on things we would never approve of if we were actually given the choice, both parties want "Big Government" the only difference is what parts they want to use your money for - - When the Republicans say they are "fiscally Conservative" they do not mean they want to be conservative and spend less money, they just mean they want to spend as much of your money as they can get on things that they think benefit them and not the other party - - democrats are actually a bit more honest about it, they dont pretend they want to save your money they tell you right up front they want as much as they can get - - - in the end though that's what both sides want - every tax dollar they can get for their causes

only "Political Party" that exists that is truly fiscally conservative and actually wants the smallest government possible is the Leberterian Party

I think President Trump and the Republican party go about American prosperity using a vastly different approach. The republican party embraces a path forward through individual accomplishment which in turn enables a long term solution as opposed to free stuff. The Republican party also works towards cutting the clutter of overbearing government regulation and authority overreach. This has been posted many times on this forum. Provide a pathway for business to compete, operate and strive and you provide people with long term sustainability. Give them just enough free stuff to get-by and they will be OK, and become entrapped by government.

• ^^^

It's a package of values. Their's a profound difference on the value of policing in America. the Republican party is upfront on the value of policing & necessity of funding the police department. The Democratic party wants to "reimagine" policing in America. This is very apparent.

Ever watch the commercial for tunnels for Towers. Officer Baxter, Officer Howard.

1 police officer killed, 3 injured in 2 shootings in Florida - 6abc Philadelphia

"In Kissimmee, officers Sam Howard and Matthew Baxter were checking suspects in an area of the city for drug activity when they were shot, Kissimmee Police Chief Jeff O'Dell said at a news conference. They did not have an opportunity to return fire."

• WOW that sure had a lot of discussion lol I didn’t mean for all this chatter. Thought it would get more laughter then anything else. A lot of good statements came out of it though which was awesome. Just remember that if they trying to divide us it’s easier to control us but Biden’s mandate got shot down at an appeals court today. 👆lol get it bahahahahahaha

• I think President Trump and the Republican party go about American prosperity using a vastly different approach. The republican party embraces a path forward through individual accomplishment which in turn enables a long term solution as opposed to free stuff. The Republican party also works towards cutting the clutter of overbearing government regulation and authority overreach. This has been posted many times on this forum. Provide a pathway for business to compete, operate and strive and you provide people with long term sustainability. Give them just enough free stuff to get-by and they will be OK, and become entrapped by government.

The problem with this is that Trump was never a true Republican. And the Republican establishment never truly accepted him as one of them Trump was an outsider that used the system to do what would have been almost impossible had he run as an independent. Heck when he first said he was running no one in the Republican establishment thought he had a chance and when he actually won the primary many high up establishment Republicans openly supported Hillary. Even now both high up republicans and Democrats are still working to try to insure he can’t run again they don’t even want him to be allowed to try as an independent. Trump was never a part of the Republican establishment

"Trump and the Republican Party" didn't do shit for American prosperity - Trump did it all despite having to fight the Republican Party at almost every turn

giving any credit to the Republican Party is in my opinion a Hugh miscalculation - I personally believe that the Republican Party conspired with the Democrat party to everything they could to keep Trump out of a second term - - - Seriously if you think there is any possibility the election was fudged tell me how that could have ever been possible without the Republicans helping and also helping to keep it from coming out? - - - - its not possible the dems were alone

• The problem with this is that Trump was never a true Republican. And the Republican establishment never truly accepted him as one of them Trump was an outsider that used the system to do what would have been almost impossible had he run as an independent. Heck when he first said he was running no one in the Republican establishment thought he had a chance and when he actually won the primary many high up establishment Republicans openly supported Hillary. Even now both high up republicans and Democrats are still working to try to insure he can’t run again they don’t even want him to be allowed to try as an independent. Trump was never a part of the Republican establishment

"Trump and the Republican Party" didn't do shit for American prosperity - Trump did it all despite having to fight the Republican Party at almost every turn

giving any credit to the Republican Party is in my opinion a Hugh miscalculation - I personally believe that the Republican Party conspired with the Democrat party to everything they could to keep Trump out of a second term - - - Seriously if you think there is any possibility the election was fudged tell me how that could have ever been possible without the Republicans helping and also helping to keep it from coming out? - - - - its not possible the dems were alone

I'm not concerned one bit if Trump is a Republican or Democrat. That's not the real issue. I donate to AWA, FOP, Wounded Warriors, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and various children's charities throught the year. Hundreds of dollars. Why, it's my choice. The Democratic party seems to think it's the right thing to do by taking my tax money and distributing it freely to others in ways that don't benefit me in any way or to others who have not contributed into the system. Stop using my tax dollars to gain votes.

As in my original post. Feel free to inform how it benefits me (I posted above). That's what I'm concerned about. Let that be my choice. I'm OK with helping people but have some expectations. Opportunity zones etc. Freely giving my tax dollars to voting opportunities is not the right thing to do.