Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I been with Merrill Lynch for 25 years. Bout 10 years ago Bank of America bought them out so I wound up with them not by choice. I’m set up where I live on dividends as every nickel I own is with them. They have a cash management account for bill pay, ATM, etc. There is no charge for that but I get bent over on brokerage fees but they make me acceptable gains. IMO bank checking accounts are for convenience - no more - no less.

And now you do that they get 50 cent on the dollar if there is a problem. RIGHT!

• And now you do that they get 50 cent on the dollar if there is a problem. RIGHT!

When I was younger I had a much more aggressive portfolio - I took some HUGE hits (2008) but rule #1 - Never invest any money in the stock market you cannot afford to lose. Overall I have been very satisfied with dividends. Now that I am older I can afford to coast and and have a much more conservative portfolio not as prone to lose my ass in market fluctuations. I have always bet on the US economy and it served me well - Biden may put my ideas to the test.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I have a question for all of the smarter than me people on here. I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS. Why do we put our money in a bank basicly for free when we are getting nothing from it. Having a little debate about this in the family. The only thing that I can see is THE MAN at the top (the one with all of the money) get's to use our money for free. SO THE QUESION IS STILL WHY DO WE KEEP DOING IT? WE ARE NOT GAINING ANYTHING

I give you one better.....if it’s not in your pocket.....who really owns it.....in 1929 everyone with money in the bank lost “their” money...if it’s in the stock market who really owns it. If the market crashes you just lost “your” money.....so with little to no interest being made.....why would you. I only have enough in my checking account to cover my bills...

• I’ve been very careful with my money.....I started out with nothing and I have most of it left.

I’ll tell you one of my true stories....in the 80s I married a girl whose grandfather was a multimillionaire.....we divorced before he died....LOL.....but when he died I figure he was worth 10-15 million....now the twist.....there were 3 children and multi grand children....the grandfather mainly bypassed the kids (ex wife’s mother) and left the bulk of the money to the ass kissing nephew that worked with him daily........then there was an 8 year court battle..... to try to recover some of the money......and I figure that went something like this......the 2 local lawyers probably played golf together every week and they probably cooked up moves and counter moves to drag it out....so my guess is the 2 lawyers probably ended up with the most money......

now for the moral of this story......he left earth leaving behind millions of dollars....I would have been a partying SOB.....I decided after that if I have a choice between leaving millions or owing millions.....I’m going out owing the money..... I spend every nickel.....never had a savings account and in 50 years never balanced a check book.....the bank always lets me know if something is wrong.

So who really owns your money.

• so will the real president in Air Force one please stand up....

I’m not an aviation genius but one of these planes doesn’t exactly look like the other....

So exactly where is the real AF1 parked in DC or Florida....

Fake president and fake AF1...hmmmmmm.......

Asking for a denier.....

• They are both AF1 as AF1 is the designation given to ANY plane the President is currently using. Doesn't matter if it's either one of the big boys, one of the "VP" planes, a Military plane, or one of the Gulfstreams as Obama was fond of using to make one night getaways not covered by the media and to the horror of the Secret Service. If a current President walked on to a private airstrip and took a ride in someones Cesna it would be for the time he was in it, AF1.

....... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• They are both AF1 as AF1 is the designation given to ANY plane the President is currently using. Doesn't matter if it's either one of the big boys, one of the "VP" planes, a Military plane, or one of the Gulfstreams as Obama was fond of using to make one night getaways not covered by the media and to the horror of the Secret Service. If a current President walked on to a private airstrip and took a ride in someones Cesna it would be for the time he was in it, AF1.

....... angel-squared

the real president doesn’t allow him to use the big plane....Biden flys on AF none...

• Tell me more... confused-squared

One of the few times one of his "date nights" taking a Gulfstream (along with a couple more for staff) was reported.

https://www.politico.com/story…at-obamas-nyc-trip-023122

Made no sense logistically, cost, or security wise to take three Gulfstreams rather than the "VP" 757. But it was fairly common.

.....ninja-squared

Edit: More I am sure you never heard about.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2…-he-can-go-hiking-321001/

(FYI: There are also at least two large and one small Military jets that travel with AF1 on anything more than a short jaunt)

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• So now a question

Will you allow politics influence your preferred team in tomorrow's Super Bowl?

Tampa Bay led by Tom Brady an out spoken supporter of Donald Trump

Or

Kansas City Chiefs led by Patrick Mahomes an out spoken supporter of Black Lives Matter and liberal

And just so you know where I stand - - Tampa Bay has been "my team" ever since 1976 when they and the Seahawks started as expansion teams and John McKay was the head coach - - I am not a huge football person, but in all of these years when the subject has come up the Buccaneers have been my team of choice - -and frankly I don't care who their quarterback is.

So - does politics matter to you when choosing which teem you support? did it matter when they took a knee? will it matter tomorrow?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I am boycotting the NFL and not watching. The teams are not my problem - what NFL management has allowed multi millionaire players to do is inexcusable IMO - NBA - which I love - HARD PASS. Do not disrespect the flag EVER !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it