Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• LOL, you agreed with me on a lot of the immigration conversation also.

You're correct though, when I get things RIGHT you agree with me. My other correct positions and facts just aren't quite RIGHT enough.:P

AGREED - you are much better with your LEFT hand than I am - I guess you could say we should all strive to be a little more ambidextrous -

HAPPY THOUGHT

Couldn’t they just shut the REST of the government down and call it a day???

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I understand your point just fine. You are failing to understand mine. Also, your first question as to "why the Dems won't do it" I answered already. Right before the post you quoted. Sorry you don't understand, I can't help you. But know this, the Republicans won't do it now, no matter how much their base cries for it and the Dems won't use it on budget and law matters. That I can guarentee, I already told you why.

You don't have to believe me. You only have to watch years go by. :*

• Edward Neal I thought of one more way to explain why nobody will be using the nuclear option on budget and law matters and why they were used before.

First, the previous use.

The Dems used it first, on judge appointments, excluding the Supreme Court. There are a slew of these positions and they cycle through every few years. They are manageable with the assumption you will get the simple majority control every four or so years. I'm sure the only reason they didn't include Supreme Court justices is that there wasn't a lot of openings coming soon.

The Republicans expanded it to the Supreme Court, because there are few seats, 3 or more openings on the immediate horizon, they had the majority and they are lifetime appointments. The Republicans bet that they would seat 2 or 3 now, and if the pendulum swing away it would probably swing back before many more seats open up. I'm sure the Dems would have expanded it at this time also if they had the majority.

With Budget(The Wall) and Law(the other stuff in the bill) there are no window openings or term limits. It would be the "wild west" of budget and law bills. Yes, the Republicans could go crazy now, but that would mean sitting back and watching the Dems go crazy later.

Both sides want the power to say, "go fuck yourself that isn't passing". Using the Nuclear option now would take that power away from both parties, not just the current minority. A smart group of people would take the $1.8B now and work to get $1.8B next time and the next rather than lose their ability to say, "go fuck yourself that isn't passing" in all future matters.

• I'm not saying if you should or should not have a wall... But don't expect it to work.

In Britain we have a stretch of water that is 350 miles long & 21-150 miles wide. The only land link is through a 30+ mile tunnel.

It DOES NOT stop people, crossing multiple countries (in Europe) and then getting into our country.

I think we only have 10,000, people trying, in Calais alone. Not counting the many other locations, in France, Belgium & the Netherlands. All trying to get into the UK.

A wall, will do nothing of worth to stop them, unless you also set up mine fields & gun towers, as the communists did in Berlin. Even then people still successfully regularly crossed that border.

They will all just start getting in boats & hiding in trucks, to get to the country.

It's a problem all over the world and nobody has fixed it yet.

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited 4 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• To even stand a slight hope of working. Your wall will need to be something like this.

Having seen this Berlin wall, when it was still up, from certain places the general public were not, then, allowed.

Only this may then stop people trying as hard.

You can want or not want a wall, just remember.

A simple wall, will do nothing, of worth, to stop them.

• UK_Paul with all due respect our countries have completely different set of issues. While I agree that a criminal with full resolve - nothing will stop them short of a bullet. You do not have THOUSANDS of people marching toward your border expecting unfettered entry if not by our attrition - by force. In 2018 the U.K. population was around 66 million. Imagine if you had 12 million illegal Hispanics in your country as we already do. Do you think the U.K. would be anything like you know it?? You have already had major problems with Muslims not willing to assimilate with “no go zones” within your own country. The US squanders billions of dollars around the world yearly. Five billion seems like a small price to pay for a wall that will send a message to our south that the ways of the past are gone and you WILL enter legally - not cross at your convenience with no skills or money becoming another burden on the taxpayer. Read this article please - as I said 5 billion is peanuts in the big picture

https://fairus.org/issue/publi…n-united-states-taxpayers

• Our prisons have tall fences and barbed wire across the top and they must be secure. While occasionally some undesirables do escape, there hasn't been ONE verified incident of illegals trying to ENTER. That's good enough to garner my support for the fence or wall project

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().

• Bill Martin

Most of Britain is made up of immigrants, we possibly have one of the most diverse populations, in the world, based in London.

It looks like you may have been fed too much fake news, about "no go zones" in the the UK. The person that said that got totaly ridiculed by the, European, press when they announced that one. :-)

Please note:

I was not saying, yes, or no, to a wall. Just that it will need to work, if it gets built.

• Correct me if I am wrong but is this not one of the larger news outlets in the U.K.??

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/…rivers-too-dangerous/amp/

Could diversity may have went a bit too far ??

• Bill Martin

"The Sun" is a tabloid, with a good circulation to the, lower income, IC1, 2 & 3 members, of the British population.

(See: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IC_codes for IC codes).

These moped riders that the article states, make areas "no go" are also primarily IC1, 2 & 3, not typically IC6. They certainly don't make areas "no go"

You'll also see the sort of thing that this newspaper keeps posting about your current president, if you follow these links.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/…named-after-donald-trump/

Or this one

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/…y-disgraced-lawyer-money/

The Sun, also ran this headline recently:

"TRUMPTY DUMPTY Is Donald Trump building a wall?"

• Looks like fake news is across the pond also - right or left it has become extremely difficult to weed out the “real” truth. Seems like we have succumbed to “news” that coincides with our beliefs rather than fact. I, myself, have been guilty of this practice. Sadly, people are gonna believe what they want to - that elusive “truth” no longer really matters.

• I find it interesting that wanting immigrants to follow the law and enter the country legally is actually considered a bad thing by some

and there are actually people that fight against things like requiring employers to verify that the people they hire are actually allowed to work in this country

if they actually enforced our laws on employment requirements the subject of illegal immigration would be a non=issue- heck without this issue to run on Trump would have probably lost to Hillary

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

I am richer today than I was yesterday and far more than I was 2 years ago .... angel-squared

Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas and an absolutely stupendous new year ....

Es treibt der Wind im Winterwalde
    die Flockenherde wie ein Hirt,
    und manche Tanne ahnt, wie balde
    sie fromm und lichterheilig wird,
    und lauscht hinaus. Den weißen Wegen
    streckt sie die Zweige hin - bereit,
    und wehrt dem Wind und wächst entgegen
    der einen Nacht der Herrlichkeit.

-Rainer Marie Rilke

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• Folks just don’t seem to understand that this is just the nature of the stock market. I am gearing up for the opening bell Wednesday to buy like a madman - where many are crying the blues - some see it as an opportunity to make a crap load of cash! HOWEVER - best advice my Dad ever gave me was “don’t ever invest $1 in the market unless you can survive losing 99 cents” - the older I get the wiser I found out he was :thumbsup:

• Folks just don’t seem to understand that this is just the nature of the stock market. I am gearing up for the opening bell Wednesday to buy like a madman - where many are crying the blues - some see it as an opportunity to make a crap load of cash! HOWEVER - best advice my Dad ever gave me was “don’t ever invest $1 in the market unless you can survive losing 99 cents” - the older I get the wiser I found out he was :thumbsup:

All it takes to make money is more money.