Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• its an interesting thing I have noticed. if you walk around in a Trump for president shirt sooner or later someone on the left is bound to give you grief about it, and if you walk around in a Hillary for president shirt sooner or later someone on the right is bound to give you grief
    On the other hand if you walk around in a Gary Johnson for president shirt no one on the right or left cares - This seems to indicate that its not the policies that they are against, its the party.

perhaps the only way we will ever be able to truly work together politically will be if we abandon both the Democratic party and the Republican party

I just wear one of these shirts. Confuses everybody.
    slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/88410/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/88410/

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• @edwardaneal .... Gary Johnson ??? ... most of today’s young voters can’t tell you who the current Vice President or Attorney General is. I think the only reason they know ANYTHING about politics is due to the relentless onslaught against Trump. How is a libertarian ever going to gain any traction without name recognition, which other than Joe Lieberman, none have. I’m afraid we are just stuck with this dis functional 2 party system. I keep saying the only way to affect change is if we keep throwing out all the incumbents until we have a government that knows how to compromise with each other and move forward to the good of the country.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @edwardaneal .... Gary Johnson ??? ... most of today’s young voters can’t tell you who the current Vice President or Attorney General is. I think the only reason they know ANYTHING about politics is due to the relentless onslaught against Trump. How is a libertarian ever going to gain any traction without name recognition, which other than Joe Lieberman, none have. I’m afraid we are just stuck with this dis functional 2 party system. I keep saying the only way to affect change is if we keep throwing out all the incumbents until we have a government that knows how to compromise with each other and move forward to the good of the country.

Well the way I see it people like me can talk about Gary and tell the young people about the policies of the Libertarian party and hope they listen

or I guess we could just decide it is hopeless and give up as you seem to have done

Seriously Bill, if we have the attitude that as you say we are stuck then it will be a self fulfilling prophesy and then we will really be stuck

if we want change someone has to be the first and that person may never be around to see it when it happens, but to me its worth it which is why I dumped the Republicans - I am not willing to hope that someone else does it for me.

And if anyone here is in New Mexico, I strongly urge you to vote for Gary Johnson as your senator - please!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• And if anyone here is in New Mexico, I strongly urge you to vote for Gary Johnson as your senator - please!

What you have here is a perfect example of the reason the Libertarian party never gets off the ground ...

In a general sense Libertarians are closer aligned to Republicans than Democrats .... where the majority of Libertarians will vote for a Republican if no Libertarian in on the ballot but very few Democrats will vote Libertarian if given the choice ....

Currently the NM Senate race looks like this .... An Albuquerque Journal poll found Heinrich (D) leading with 47 percent to Rich's (R) 26 percent and Johnson's (L) 16 percent.

So with a Libertarian and Republican in the mix you split the conservative leaning vote and hand the office to the Democrat ...

.... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• I must admit I expected Gary to do better, and who knows polls can't be trusted these days. You would think that having been the governor of New Mexico that Gary would actually have an advantage over both the Democrat and Republican

I guess its also easy for me to talk, being in California any vote I make is most likely going to be for a losing candidate - This state is so owned by the Democrats it isnt even funny

oh well at least I dont have to worry about someone spitting on me when I wear my shirt

• I must admit I expected Gary to do better, and who knows polls can't be trusted these days. You would think that having been the governor of New Mexico that Gary would actually have an advantage over both the Democrat and Republican
    I guess its also easy for me to talk, being in California any vote I make is most likely going to be for a losing candidate - This state is so owned by the Democrats it isnt even funny

oh well at least I dont have to worry about someone spitting on me when I wear my shirt

We need to get rid of the Dem's before we start splitting the vote again. We need to do one thing at a time.

• getting rid of the Democrats first here in California?

might as well be waiting for it to snow here in Palm Springs - - at least that could happen, someday, maybe - - - - - not!

• getting rid of the Democrats first here in California?

might as well be waiting for it to snow here in Palm Springs - - at least that could happen, someday, maybe - - - - - not!

Now you are being a realist !!! I would love to see a Libertarian from the center that I thought could realistically be elected. Sadly you just proved my case which it is not only California but across the country that a libertarian run is sure to just split the vote. I NEVER would give up - we as a country need to vote lifetime politicians out and go from there. If we can’t even get them out of office how would you ever expect to get a libertarian in ???

• Now you are being a realist !!! I would love to see a Libertarian from the center that I thought could realistically be elected. Sadly you just proved my case which it is not only California but across the country that a libertarian run is sure to just split the vote. I NEVER would give up - we as a country need to vote lifetime politicians out and go from there. If we can’t even get them out of office how would you ever expect to get a libertarian in ???

If they will not do the term limits, then the only way is to vote them out

• You can vote out the democrats, but if you replace them with Republicans you are still getting self serving professional politicians who care more about protecting themselves than doing what’s right. There is no difference in what they do only in what they say they will do. This is how they play us. They make us think there is a difference when in fact they are all a part of the same club

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• We need to get rid of the Dem's before we start splitting the vote again. We need to do one thing at a time.

With the Indiana Senate race tightening up its looking like the Libertarian candidate may split the conservative vote enough that doesn't flip ... so much that there are reports some big time out of state Dem organizations are giving $$$$ to Lucy Brenton's (L) campaign even though she is only poling at 3% ..... if true, and she is taking it, doesn't that put her in the same group you described @edwardaneal

......... shy-squared

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• You can vote out the democrats, but if you replace them with Republicans you are still getting self serving professional politicians who care more about protecting themselves than doing what’s right. There is no difference in what they do only in what they say they will do. This is how they play us. They make us think there is a difference when in fact they are all a part of the same club

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Kinda like wiping your ass on a wagon wheel eh ???? :00008172:

With the Illinois Senate race tightening up its looking like the Libertarian candidate may split the conservative vote enough that doesn't flip ... so much that there are reports some big time out of state Dem organizations are giving $$$$ to Lucy Brenton's (L) campaign even though she is only poling at 3% ..... if true, and she is taking it, doesn't that put her in the same group you described @edwardaneal

......... shy-squared

I think you meant to say Indiana.

• Yes, very interesting lecture with no agenda ..... points out both sides, gives a good history of how we arrived here, and does not push or judge where we end up ...

He did however skillfully point out the failure of the modern Republican party to fully embrace, explain, and fight for what it means to be "conservative" ...

"Conservatives, by contrast, regard the individual as the quintessential endangered minority. They trace individual rights to human nature, which lacks a race. Human nature also lacks ethnicity, gender, and class. Conservatives trace the idea of rights to the essence of an individual as a human being. We have rights because we’re human beings with souls, with reason, distinct from other animals and from God. We’re not beasts, but we’re not God—we’re the in-between being. Conservatives seek to vindicate human equality and liberty—the basis for majority rule in politics—against the liberal Constitution’s alternative, in which everything is increasingly based on group identity"

..... nerd-squared