Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• All these liberals upset that an African American immigrant bought Twitter, must be some kind of "ism" involved.

Fear of true freedom of speech. Some how convinced that freedom of speech should only include politically correct speech.

Fools that do not understand that the entire point of constitutionally protecting freedom of speech was to protect the kind of speech that goes against what's politically correct.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• All these liberals upset that an African American immigrant bought Twitter, must be some kind of "ism" involved.

If your going to make a statement like that, at least do your homework, instead of creating fake news. Musk is not African-American. He is was born in South Africa. His father was a white South African and his mom Canadian. A far cry from what the standard definition of an African-American is. The left is just upset as his tendencies lean right.

• If your going to make a statement like that, at least do your homework, instead of creating fake news. Musk is not African-American. He is was born in South Africa. His father was a white South African and his mom Canadian. A far cry from what the standard definition of an African-American is. The left is just upset as his tendencies lean right.

You are right, if he was to be an African-American then I am a Confederate American. That is what I put down on the census anyway. Everything or everybody does not need a label.

• If your going to make a statement like that, at least do your homework, instead of creating fake news. Musk is not African-American. He is was born in South Africa. His father was a white South African and his mom Canadian. A far cry from what the standard definition of an African-American is. The left is just upset as his tendencies lean right.

Elon Musk leans right? Have you seen any interview that Musk has done at all? Liking freedom of speech and respecting the constitution does not mean you "lean" right.

Come on man ...

He was born on the Continent of Africa and is a first generation immigrant to the US. Removing political correctness from the conversation, that logically makes him more worthy of the descriptor "African American" than any Black person who's ancestors where brought to the continental US from Africa many generations ago. Again applying logic, if one of said people wanted to acknowledge their heritage shouldn't their correct descriptor be "American of African Decent". Especially given the fact that not all Blacks immigrated to the US from Africa or are decedent from slaves. If a Black American of African Decent immigrates to Canada do they become an "African Canadian". Or what about Blacks brought from Africa and sold in Canada for the two centuries it was practiced there.

"African American" as a descriptor for American Blacks has only been pushed since Jesse Jackson first started using it in his speeches in 1988 as an attempt to re-segregate American Blacks in thought so espousing that it is a "standard definition" would in my opinion be historically incorrect.

https://aaregistry.org/story/a…the-term-a-brief-history/

....... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I remember when Obama was in the UK giving some speech and he referred to the black people there as African Americans laughed my ass off. And laughed even more when the liberal media totally ignored it

• Elon Musk leans right? Have you seen any interview that Musk has done at all? Liking freedom of speech and respecting the constitution does not mean you "lean" right.

Elon Musk is one of the few wealthy/powerful people that I have absoulty no idea of his political affiliation. Isn't that great!

• Elon Musk is one of the few wealthy/powerful people that I have absoulty no idea of his political affiliation. Isn't that great!

its the way it should be

No fake news just facts and logic. Your use of the phrase "standard definition" says it all, as if your definition is the only correct one. Someone born in Africa who imigrates to America and becomes a citizen is Africa American. Just like someone from Mexico that does the same would be Mexican American.

• No fake news just facts and logic. Your use of the phrase "standard definition" says it all, as if your definition is the only correct one. Someone born in Africa who imigrates to America and becomes a citizen is Africa American. Just like someone from Mexico that does the same would be Mexican American.

standard definition as per what 99% of the population refer to as African-american if you would have asked that in a room is not Elon Musk. Creating new meanings for definitions is not what you should do anymore. Your not good at it.
    How hard is it to agree that the “standard definition” that the majority acknowledge, of African-American is a black person from Africa. Not a South African born white dude. And I say that because I have 2 friends that are SA white guys and they would laugh at me if I called them African-Americans (African Canadians for that matter).

• I’m just glad we have a differing opinion - albeit wrong😬 - and we can discuss issues and keep it respectful - Sparcky - if I hadn’t said it I enjoy your differing positions. Al least we are not preaching to the choir now!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it